• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Inaccessible Areas...

foxninja

On that day, seven years ago..
    Years
    I remember when I had first played Blue, the left side of Route 1 and I think Pallet Town always interested me, and I said to myself, "I guess I'll get there later". Once I beat the game, I went back to Pallet and tried to get in there. If my memory is right, there was grass there too? I seen a picture and it didn't have it, so I'm not sure. Either way, I felt like I was missing out on something.

What areas do you wish you could explore more but can't because of the boundaries?

Liquid Twilight

Super Geek
    Years
    I know that pallet had some grass to the right and I was always curious. If you gameshark through you get a crash XD but I have always liked how the Pokemon games tease you a little bit by implying that the areas may be accessible even when they are not. Like the gap behind Bills house in R/B/Y XD Bill's secret garden anyone?

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
    I have always wondered what that old man in Mossdeep is hiding behind his locked door. Same with the people in Sootopolis, with their tree covering a door.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I've always wondered in various houses in all of the main games, they would have their door blocked and I just wanted to go there and also get access to the other Islands that are part of the Sevii islands (not the ones with event legendary Pokemon) but the ones that aren't in the game.

:t354:TG

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    The only area that comes to my mind at the moment is the building area in the Desert on Route 4 in between Castelia and Nimbasa.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    What about the maids blocking the doors in the Pokemon Mansion in dppt I always thought after the e4 they would let me through but i never got in

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    What about that little body of water to the east of Cherrygrove City? I was always curious about that. I once hacked Gold to make it accessible, and discovered there is nothing but an invisible wall where the border blocks start.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
    I have always wondered what that old man in Mossdeep is hiding behind his locked door. Same with the people in Sootopolis, with their tree covering a door.

Way back during the day, the Pokemon GBA games had E-reader support. You would scan a trainer card and that trainer would appear in your game. The trainer would be behind one of those doors depending on your game. Unfortunately, this never left Japan in the cases of Firered, Leafgreen, and Emerald because the cards for those were never released internationally. The only way international players could do this was through Ruby and Sapphire.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
    Way back during the day, the Pokemon GBA games had E-reader support. You would scan a trainer card and that trainer would appear in your game. The trainer would be behind one of those doors depending on your game. Unfortunately, this never left Japan in the cases of Firered, Leafgreen, and Emerald because the cards for those were never released internationally. The only way international players could do this was through Ruby and Sapphire.

I remember that. But what about the Sootopolis area?

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
    I remember that. But what about the Sootopolis area?
    The E-reader house was moved in Emerald to Sootopolis. If there's an old man there with trees blocking a door, that's it. The one in Firered and Leafgreen was in Seven island and in those games, it was an old lady with boxes blocking a door. The functionality for both of those never left Japan.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2014
    I remember I got so mad at the fact that I couldn't go into that door in the Sevii house that I downloaded a ROM and moved all the boxes away with Advance Map, lol. If you just move the boxes the door and warp function like normal, and if I remember correctly the Trainer in the next room has the overworld sprite of a Youngster. When you battle him though; he has the trainer sprite of Archie!

Getting outside of Pallet Town, behind Bill's, and in side "the mew truck" where some places I really tried going as a kid. Then in Gold/Silver there was the Safari Zone, sure, it wasn't accessible normally, but the fact that it was partly in the game and you could get there with a code, and that I love the Safari Zone made me go there quite a few times just to walk around and hear the music. For some reason I always wanted to walk into the little squares that had the shaking tower pillars too, lol.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Those maids blocking the doors in D/P/Pt.
    This exactly, I mean I always thought there must at least be some event for them in there or something.

Other than that, I've always wanted to go past those rocks you see in the water on routes, even though I know it'll just be blackness, it's fun to wonder.

Back