• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Inappropriate laughter

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Have you ever laughed at a moment where it was really inappropriate to do so? Was it embarrassing? Did you offend anybody? Please, tell us the story!

Years
    There's one time I will never forget. I was in primary school and me and my mate were annoying some people like the two little trolls we were. So the teacher was telling us off and I started laughing because I found it funny the way she was having a go at us. Now this just made her snap at me and I tried really hard not to laugh again . . . that is until she had finished and left lmao.

There are probably other times too but that's what came to mind first.

Years
    The last time I remember doing this was last year in Psychology. Some girl next to me was leaning on the table and her elbow slipped so she almost fell of her chair. Me being all socially awkward and such burst out laughing at the exact moment when the entire class went deathly silent leaving me there attempting to stop laughing while the entire class laughed at me.
    It was pretty embarrassing :x

Years
    I got stuck in an elevator with this really timid looking girl. I started cracking up laughing and making jokes about dying. She ran out of the elevator when it finally made it to the next floor rofl.

I laugh and make the worst jokes when I'm nervous. I'm afraid one day someone's going to try to mug me and I'm just going to start laughing and then the guy's just going to stab me.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I don't think I've ever offended anyone because I'm pretty good at holding in my laughter but it used to happen sooo often when my family still went to church or something--I'd think of something hilarious that had happened earlier and it would be so hard to keep a straight face. Or I'll be sitting on the bus on the way to class in the morning and recall something and have this silly grin on my face the whole way which probably creeps everyone else out. I hate when it happens.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    One time I started laughing during a funeral. The eulogy wasn't even that funny, but I couldn't help myself from laughing! I think I held it in so that most people around me didn't here it, but I don't really know what came over me during that time.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Not horribly offensive, but in elementary school a teacher got made at me during science class. We were watching some movie about animals. And it mentioned the "Jesus Lizard" and I found that hilarious.

She didn't share my sense of humor. :(

Years
    ...uuugh, just thinking about it makes me uncomfortable!

Back in senior year of HS there was a day where the lecture in my English class somehow drifted off to a topic about why people choose the jobs they do. The teacher (who was funny and cool) said he liked to teach HS kids and prepare them for college and one kid jokingly said, "but I thought you did it for the money"... and I laughed... and was the only one to. Was so awkward for me. I didn't agree with the kid or anything, just laughed because it was decently easy to make me laugh back then :(

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    For me, it was during a speech at my cousin's wedding. One side of the room was my family, who are not religious in the slightest, and the other side was the bride's family who were exactly the opposite. So when the father of the bride got up to give his speech and it was basically an ode to Jesus (seriously, it's a wonder he didn't look at the ceiling and begin to serenade), a woman at the front of our side started laughing hysterically. It set off a chain of silent laughter down our whole side of the room - laughing more at the hysterical lady than we were at the speech itself (though it was also funny by association). Weirdly enough though, the guy making the speech didn't even seem to notice lol

Years
    I laughed at Mr Cat Dog's post, does that count? Anyways, being the screwup of a teenager that I am, I do this all time. Generally, most of the stuff my friends and I joke about is inappropriate stuff, albeit we're just doing it for the comedy value. Most of you are probably familiar with racist, sexist, and Helen Keller jokes that were all the rage during middle school [those in the US at least] x). I also laugh whenever a teacher does something really stupid or trips/falls, etc. Oh also, my friend tripped a teacher as a joke and got suspended, so he was telling me and a few other friends about it and then he told us how the principal was like "She could have died" and we were all laughing our asses off.

Last edited:

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
    My grandmother was a stubborn ol' racist German lady. Before she passed away she would always whisper the most ridiculous things to me when we were in public. We were at a restaurant one day and she leans over and tells me (don't read if you're easily offended obviously)
    Spoiler:
    Anyway, a few months later at her funeral, someone speaking mentions how she wasn't afraid of anything that "she was no chicken" and I burst out laughing cause it reminded me of what she said that one day. This happens a lot still with things she's told me, but that was probably the most inappropriate time.

Ciz

La la la ♪
    Years
    Laughing at a recital was the most awkward, and most embarrassing, moment for me. I did it out of pride because the pianist had a note hit wrong...

Poor me... See how i've learned... -_-"

.Another

Pokemon Proffesor
    Years
    In Driver's Ed class last semester, we were talking about drunk driving and stuff. Well, the teacher began talking about a time he encountered a drunk driver, and he acted all drunk so as to show us what the drunk was like. Well, apparently it was a serious matter, but I thought it was funny, so I laughed a bit. Once everyone in the class glared at me, though, I shut up and didn't say anything else all day.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Oh lord. I have, and it did offend people, until I set it straight. It was a group of me and my friends at lunch break during high school. Three of my friends were talking about someone who died, and us other three were talking about something else. Well, me and the two people I was talking with were saying something that I almost forgot completely, but we were giggling about how many people called my name that day. Like, people called on me a lot, and I said if anyone else did it, I would laugh. Well, OF COURSE, the group that was talking about the person who had (unfortunately) died, called my name. I looked straight at them and exploded into laughter.
    I wasn't exactly very popular for the five minutes that followed.

Years
    I used to laugh all the time in sixth grade when the English teacher was going over interjections. I was a real pervert back then. The teacher would usually glare at me and my friends until we had stopped, too. But I'd like to have seen her not laughing if she were full of teenage hormones.

kuzronk

Banned
    Years
    .Getting my knees fixed
    .Getting My eyes tested
    .Laughing at a wii game about getting a job
    .Laughing when i hit my teacher

Years
    This is not my inappropriate laughter tale, but I think it beats everything in this thread thus far.

It was fifth grade and my class was in a circle, reading aloud from whatever book we were reading at the time. In the next room, there were some kids practicing for the upcoming school play, and it was pretty easy to hear what they were saying. We hear some line that seemed pretty funny out of context or whatever, we all chuckle a little bit, and continue on. Now five minutes later, when everyone else has forgotten what happened, this one girl bursts into a spontaneous fit of laughter. And I'm not talking a few giggles, she literally fell off her chair laughing. We then created the phrase "laugh attack" in her honor.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    I do this all the time and people get really angry. It seems the only time I laugh in public is when I shouldn't. A recent time was when I was working and I was really bored, a kid was climbing on a trolley and then it fell on them. I snickered a lot and almost burst laughing, while everyone was panicking.

Black Hawk

Char
    Years
    [SIZE="a"]My sister was in church with us, and everything, and I mean EVERYTHING was silent. Then, She farts. Really loud. We all (the people in the next rows around us) explode with laughter.

One time, during a rehearsal for a school play, We were making fake fart noises, and I farted real loud. Everyone heard it, and started cracking up. A fourth grader, and my sister got in trouble with my math teacher. My friends faces were red, and I laughed so hard, I snorted.

(LOL my family farts a lot >u<)

Oh yeah, my dad peed in a bottle. Lol.[/SIZE]

Ayselipera

Literally every moment like this has been in school. Most of the time it's when the room is silent or a teacher is talking or while another student is presenting. Either they say something stupid or someone says or does something stupid to me and I start shaking on the desk laughing.

One time I remember fairly well was during Freshmen year. My school has a huge staircase and this girl was walking down it when she just totally tripped up, rolled down the stairs, and slammed the floor. Which I initially thought was pretty funny, but I wasn't dying laughing. Until when we got to class she asked to go to the nurse and started to walk out the door and the moment she put pressure on her ankle she just started balling crying and made this face of horror and I just could not hold it in. Like even now while I type this I'm laughing just from the imagery.

The most recent time I can remember this happening was during this year I was sitting in a silent class working on something when someone came up behind me and just jabbed me really hard on both sides of my ribs and I'm really sensitive so I let out this yelp and flung my hands up because it startled me so much. Which I had scissors in one of my hands when this happened and when I shot my hands out it came within centimeters of stabbing the person next to me. So they ended up flying back screaming and after all this happened I just looked up and realized the whole class was staring at me. So then me and the person I almost stabbed plus the person who jabbed me started dying laughing. I was just laughing so hard that I had to walk away, but at the same time because I was laughing so hard I could barely move, so I somehow just inched over to another table and I pretty much was just bent over the table laughing so hard I was crying which then caused the whole room to laugh because I guess all they could see was my body shaking up and down over the table. Then during this whole time the teacher was walking around angrily trying to get everyone to calm down, but no one listens to her anyways so it really just made the moment funnier.

Back