• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Inappropriate Things Being Said

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
  • Well guys, im in the middle of the indigo league series. And im up to episode EP047.
    A Chansey Operation.

Now throughout the series as far there has been little things that some of the characters have said that i would deem inappropriate to be said in a childrens cartoon/Anime.

For example. In this episode Pikachu had swallowed an apple. And could not talk. Ash thought that Pikachu would die. They take him to a hospital for people, Not pokemon.

The doctor explains this. And as this is being said.

Misty says 'Please just take a look!'

and the doctor replies with;

'Hmm, ive just never been able to refuse requests from young girls.'

Now misty is rumoured to be from 12 - 13 years old. Maybe this has been confirmed. Im not to sure.
    But that isnt something that should be said in a childrens program. maybe i just have a filthy mind?

Heres another example.
    funny-pictures-auto-443904.jpeg

have any of you guys picked up on this kind of thing?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Trust me, there are a ton of inappropriate things said in the anime. They usually don't catch it because it is a children's show and is most cases will not catch stuff being said. If you go back through the anime especially Indigo League. You will find a lot of things that can be deemed inappropriate.

For one example,
    Spoiler:

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    That is true. In the games as well.
    And James dresses up as a girl.

And Brock flirts with every girl he meets.
    He's rejected by Cheryl's wedding ring.

Love is a high form of humour to a child. What, with all those fairy tales about love, they just find it funny. Heck, I did.

I would talk more about the games' inappropriateness, but since being an Anime topic, I'll just link you to this page which contains most of all references to such topics in the games.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Since this obviously is not a discussion of a specific episode and does not follow the guidelines of that forum, it is better suited to the main PokéAni forum. I'll move it there.

As far as inappropriateness goes, I hear worse from children on the street. Most examples here not so much inappropriate as Parental Bonuses. The kids usually don't get it. The kids aren't meant to get it. And people who see it as actually inappropriate are forgetting that fact. It's really not a big deal; it's just funny to those who understand and irrelevant to those who don't.

If you want an archive of every little thing in Pokémon interpreted in a ~mature~ way, I suggest Pokémopolis. That's where I spent my first years on the internet.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • Despite being a grandfather in the games, Alder has made many flirtatious comments to women in the Black/White anime. If I recall correctly, the doctor in that episode didn't flirt with Misty in that episode, so I wouldn't take that comment very seriously.

With the exception of Beauty and the Beach and episodes which aired Prima/Lorelei's breasts covering half the screen, I don't think the anime has had anything which I would deem really inappropriate.

The games, however, do have innuendo sprinkled here and there. I think if I were to read these dialogues as a little kid, I'd laugh, but not really understand anything deeper about it.

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
    Years
  • If I recall correctly, the doctor in that episode didn't flirt with Misty in that episode, so I wouldn't take that comment very seriously.

Did i Say that the doctor was flirting with misty? No, he scratched hes head, looked at the ceiling and said the words aloud.
    A doctor in a childrens program saying that he has never been able to say no to young girls is wrong.

Back