• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Indian SC criminalizes homosexuality

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
    Years
    Is that what the cross-out means <_>

I guess I should say society as a whole rather than youth, but polls still aren't really in favour of homosexuality. But maybe I'm wrong; maybe it's just people not wanting to talk about it rather than disliking it...isn't sexuality in general still crazily taboo in India? I mean, it took forever for people to get over kissing in Bollywood films (or have they? :P).

My info might be a bit outdated but IMO I don't think attitudes have shifted too greatly yet:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wo...-persists-in-India-despite-court-reforms.html

At any rate, it's moving, just slowly.

I think your info on sexuality in India is maybe a tad outdated, though it is rather accurate. It does hold true for people our parents' age and definitely for people my grandparents' age, but not so much for people our age. Coming from a Muslim family makes me realise this too. We've changed a lot. Both sets of my grandparents had arranged marriages, while my sister got to choose her own husband. Both of my grandmas were lucky to get wonderful husbands (my paternal grandparents are inseparable) - they knew girls who had bad husbands, often considerably older ones. India is still trying to accept love marriages (in India these are often called "self-arranged marriages"), so I guess homosexuality is going through the same thing.

It is going to take time for most of India to accept homosexuality. Unfortunately most of the elders won't buy it, and the few who do won't speak up. The young people are ready to speak up - after all, they're the ones protesting.

Back