• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Infestation vs Toxic

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2016
    I'm starting a thread to see what you guys think is the best stall move. I personally think infestation because you can stall steel types,which toxic can't. Also infestation has more PP and 100 accuracy. So what do you think?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I say Toxic. Far more Pokemon can use it, and the damage increases with each turn. Unless you have Rest, Heal Bell, etc, even stallers will fall to it. That's just what I think, though.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Infestation is as situational as Whirlpool, Bind, and Fire Spin. They have advantage of having SE damage and STAB upon initial use and then trap their opponent, but I think Toxic still wins with stall teams.

Years
  • Toxic is much better, because over time, it does a lot more damage. Pokemon with Toxic poison status can faint in 6 turns, and even with recovery, each turn you take even more damage until it's not enough to keep you alive.

Hitting through steels isn't enough to compensate IMO. Toxic status is very crippling, especially to 'mons that need to be out for a while.

dreyko

Isolated System.
    Years
  • The damage increase from toxic is better than the ability to hit steel types, in my opinion. It can break stall and even aggressive strategies. Also, combined with hazards and weather damage toxic is even more deadly

TheKantoKid

Let's go, Pikachu!
    Years
  • I say why pick? Use Infestation to set up for Toxic. Since trapping moves do more damage I think they are worth another look. Although I personally love Toxic (favorite TM along with Thunderwave) I think we shouldn't overlook Infestation.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I hardly think Infestation (and any of the moves similar to it) is a stall move. More along the lines of support move, to be honest.

Ársa

k.
    Years
  • As far as stall breaking goes, like everyone has said Toxic takes the cake. However Infestation does have its niche - as do the other passive damage trapping moves.

Years
  • As others have stated, Toxic is definitely the more superior move here. The only useful niche that Infestation has is that it can damage Steel-types albeit being resisted by them. In fact, as someone mentioned earlier, Toxic can potentially faint a Pokemon in 6 turns which is what makes it great for wearing down the foe.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Toxic doesnt break stall. Rest Talkers, Natural Cure, Aroma/Heal Bell, play style based on switching which implies immunties to Toxic anyone? Do you even stall/lift?

Also my view on this;

Infestation vs Toxic

They compliment each other too well to use separately.

Back