• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Inherited an old collection, can you help?

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2016
    Hi guys.

I've come across a collection of about 600 Pokemon cards and have been getting very confused trying to find out much info about it. We have followed some basic guides about hols, reverse holo, first editions etc and have come across some cards which appear to have some value but just wanted some educated knowledge about them before we start trying to sell.

I hope you can make out enough info from the pics, if not then please just ask for any more details.

I have picked what it think are potentially the best cards from the collection.

Thanks so much for all your great help

Attachments

• Inherited an old collection, can you help?
      20160611_180941.jpg
      531 KB · Views: 14
      20160611_181324.jpg
      577.4 KB · Views: 11
      20160611_181353.jpg
      557.3 KB · Views: 12
      20160611_181407.jpg
      577.7 KB · Views: 12

Electricbluewolf

Bᴇ pıɟɟǝɹǝuʇ
    Years
  • Out of those there are a few fakes-the "Suikun", Tauros, Pokedex, Typlosion and Skarmory are fake cards, not worth much (though even though Suikun is the most fake, people do like those fakes the most)

Out of everything else not a lot is worth much Vapreon ex is around $10, but the rest is $1-2 each. The Rockets Moltres depending on condition goes for $15-the Chansey/Poliwrath might go for more as people love older cards at the moment

Years
  • What really harms the value of a lot of these cards and is the first thing I noticed in the pictures, even before the fakes, is the fact that a lot of these cards are frayed or have spots of stuff splattered on them.

Otherwise I agree with Electricbluewolf's price assessment.

Back