• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen INPUT WANTED: making pokemon short film set in Kalos

Status
Not open for further replies.

VFX

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    I posted this on reddit, but got murdered before any discussion ever really happened.

So my friend and I recently spent most of our life savings on a red one mx camera and we're really itching to start filming stuff with it. Our first project: a live-action Pokemon short

We don't want to just have a standard battle scene, but actually tell a short story of what it would be like to be a part of that world. We haven't started on the script yet so any ideas are welcome. Grittiness isn't something that we are shooting for but we also don't want this to be Goodra's Friendship Hour. Maybe a hard PG-13. Also, if you are dying to see a certain pokemon in real life tell us and we will try to make it a reality.

Here's a quick teaser:
    youtube.com/watch?v=COUImhQ8dxQ

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    make sure you put yourself picking your starter and oooooh find a shiny!!! ya that would be sooooo cool. this is gonna be awesome

Years
  • I definitely think that your starter should be Froakie from what i've seen across the whole franchise, it's the starter with the most personality.

Years
  • OMG!!! Theme:The 7 Psuedos. So what I think you should do is a film with all 7 Psuedo legendaries ( or six since only six In a party)

VFX

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    make sure you put yourself picking your starter and oooooh find a shiny!!! ya that would be sooooo cool. this is gonna be awesome
    Thanks! Ya that's a great idea! Find a shiny axew and evolve it to a black Haxorus.

I think it'd be cool to see a Goomy. One of my personal Kalos favorites! XD
    Ya Goomy would be really fun to render and animate

OMG!!! Theme:The 7 Psuedos. So what I think you should do is a film with all 7 Psuedo legendaries ( or six since only six In a party)

That would be an awesome final battle. The 6 pokemon he raised with love and care vs the rival with the 6 psuedo lengendaries in a champion match.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Thanks! Ya that's a great idea! Find a shiny axew and evolve it to a black Haxorus.

Ya Goomy would be really fun to render and animate

That would be an awesome final battle. The 6 pokemon he raised with love and care vs the rival with the 6 psuedo lengendaries in a champion match.

Yeah but there are 7 lol.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    very very interesting. :3
    i suggest you act your lines naturally though. that, and start with something simple, like receiving your starters and then having rival battles, and then some plans-for-the-future talk scenes.

VFX

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    Yeah but there are 7 lol.
    Ya but I think the main character should catch the goomy cause its like the coolest pokemon ever!

very very interesting. :3
    i suggest you act your lines naturally though. that, and start with something simple, like receiving your starters and then having rival battles, and then some plans-for-the-future talk scenes.
    Actually, we're planning on spending money to get some decent actors. They really do make a huge difference.

Ya we were going to very loosely follow the game's chronology like what they did for the Pokemon Origins anime.

ramyettie

Driftloom 4 ever
    Years
  • why don's you make it with the concept of the Nuzlock faint and release because that mean a deeper looking connection with the main character and Pokemon.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Actually, we're planning on spending money to get some decent actors. They really do make a huge difference.

Wow...seriously?! o.o
    But why? This project of yours is just for fun, right?
    Or is this project more like a test-thingy to see how good you guys are at animating/video-stuff for future references?

In any case, best of luck with this~
    I'm actually looking forward to it. :3

VFX

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    Wow...seriously?! o.o
    But why? This project of yours is just for fun, right?
    Or is this project more like a test-thingy to see how good you guys are at animating/video-stuff for future references?

In any case, best of luck with this~
    I'm actually looking forward to it. :3

Thank you! It is for fun, but we still want it to look the best we can! :)

One awesome idea! Put Team flare in it! And put Mega Evolution in it too!
    I wouldn't dare forget about Team Flare and their stylish outfits!
    Mega evolutions would be a bit harder to incorporate into the script though. Since most people don't know about it, we'd have to explain what it is and so on. It would be really cool to have Mega Charizard X in it though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back