• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Insert Uncreative Magnezone Pun Here - Magnezone EX 35/106 XY FlashFire

Years
  • https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/pokemon-cards/xy-series/xy2/35/

Magnezone EX is this week's Card of the Week!

The card's stats for those with slow internet:
    Magnezone-EX
    Pokémon-EX
    HP180
    When a Pokémon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

CC Electro Ball 40

LLL Dual Bullet - This attack does 50 damage to 2 of your opponent's Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)
    Weakness: F ×2

Resistance: S -20

Retreat Cost: 3

Furious Fists cards enter COTW starting next week!

Rate, comment, discuss, etc!

Years
  • Can't wait for Furious Fists. Although it's gonna be a little hard to abbreviate it seeing as Flashfire and Furious Fists both have the same initials.

Magnezone blows. Not even the art is cool and I feel sorry for those that get it in their booster boxes. The end.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • Ok the circle thing coming out of its hand is cool but, beyond that, the artwork isn't really impressive. It looks way too plain for an EX imo. I think its attacks are decent, but I also think it's not worth using because there are probably non-EX cards that can deal identical damage, and I'd rather not risk two prize cards...

Overall 7/10, would collect. The EX bias is definitely affecting my rating but I think it's still an overall decent card.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    I think that if its second attack was only 2 electric energy, it would be a lot different. Hitting for 100 for 2 energy isn't too bad. That and you can snipe pokemon on the bench. Could take out Garbodor in 2 turns unlike most spread damage. It can OHKO a lot low hp bench pokemon as well. If it was 2 energy i think i would try to make a deck out of it. At least in extended.

As for art and stuff. I like Magnezone as a pokemon. Its part of my VG team, so i do like its FA. idk about its Reg art since i didnt pull one of those yet.

Back