• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

(insert witty help phrase here) UU team

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    So I thought I'd get back into UU battling again....but I haven't done any UU battles since last gen, so I need some help making a team for it, since stuff's changed. I got this so far:

-Krookodile w/Choice Scarf Life Orb
    Nature: Adamant Jolly
    Ability: Moxie
    EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    Moves: Earthquake, Stone Edge, Knock Off, Pursuit

-Vaporeon w/Lum Berry
    Nature: Bold
    Ability: Water Absorb
    EVs: 252 HP, 248 Defense, 8 Sp.Defense
    Moves: Scald, Wish, Protect, Toxic

Apparently Vaporeon is UU now. Did not know that until today.

-Trevenant w/Sitrus Berry
    Nature: Impish
    Ability: Harvest
    EVs: 252 HP, 180 Defense, 76 Speed
    Moves: Phantom Force, Will-o-Wisp, Leech Seed, Protect

So if y'all could give me ideas for the other half of the team as well as fixes/replacements for the 3 above, that'd be great. Thanks.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • The passive recovery of Leftovers is more useful to Vaporeon than the one-time status healing of Lum Berry. If status still bothers you, use Heal Bell.

You need something to deal with Grass Pokemon, as they're strong against Vaporeon and Krookodile and are immune to Trevenant's Leech Seed. These include Victini, Darmanitan, Arcanine and Escavalier:

Victini:
    -V-Create
    -Bolt Strike
    -U-turn
    -Brick Break/Zen Headbutt/Flare Blitz
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Band/Choice Scarf

or
    -Blue Flare/V-Create
    -Psychic
    -Grass Knot
    -Focus Blast
    Nature: Timid/Naive
    EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb

Darmanitan:
    -Flare Blitz
    -Rock Slide
    -Superpower/U-turn
    -Earthquake/U-turn
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 SDef/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Scarf/Choice Band/Life Orb
    Ability: Sheer Force

Arcanine:
    -Flare Blitz
    -Extreme Speed
    -Close Combat
    -Wild Charge/Crunch/Morning Sun
    EVs: 72 HP/252 Atk/4 SDef/184 Spe
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Intimidate/Flash Fire

Escavalier:
    -Megahorn
    -Iron Head
    -Drill Run
    -Knock Off/Pursuit
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 SDef
    Item: Assault Vest

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Alright, I put Choice Band Victini on the team, and added this Porygon Z to give the team some special attacking:

-Porygon Z w/Life Orb
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Adaptability
    EVs: 252 Sp.Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    Moves: Tri Attack, Nasty Plot, Dark Pulse, Hidden Power Fighting

I'm still not sure what to do for the last slot though. Any ideas?

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
    Years
  • Choice scarf Krookodile isn't ideal when you have Knock off and Pursuit, Knock off becomes less effective after 1 hit and pursuit will only work on switches which aren't going to happen if the opponent can see an opportunity to set up on you being locked in.

Earthquake - Stone Edge - Crunch - Knock off or Superpower are your better options.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Choice scarf Krookodile isn't ideal when you have Knock off and Pursuit, Knock off becomes less effective after 1 hit and pursuit will only work on switches which aren't going to happen if the opponent can see an opportunity to set up on you being locked in.

Ill just address this.

Knock Off forces switches due to its sheer base power and STAB. Once you Knock an item off your opponent will keep going to the same pokemon to avoid more items being knocked off and to mitigate the base power of the move. This is where Pursuit comes in, to punish these switches.

Knock Off also helps weaken not only Krookodiles counters by removing key items and crippling your opponents team but other members of your opponents team possibly opening up a sweep. For example walls tend to not last long without Leftovers and SR up, especially if you force double switches into them with Knock Offs mind games.

Pursuit checkmates potential threats which are wrecked by it. For example: Bulky annoying psychic/ghost etc stopping your sweepers? Knock Off if it stays in and Pursuit it if it switches.

I honestly dont see what additional merit/coverage SuperPower has over Pursuit, its role is questionable with STAB EQ hitting 90% of the thing SP will harder. Crunch also sadly offers little utility.

Lastly Knock Off moxie sweeps are a thing of beauty also. Once your counter is weakened by having its leftovers or w/e removed if you KO it when its weakened with Knock Off your opponent then has to send something out vs a +1 +1 STAB full powered Knock Off. That easily has a snowball effect on their entire team if you can pull it off and its easier to sweep than say with Crunch thanks to its massive base power when items are intact.

In a nutshell, Knock Off and Pursuit offer more utility than SuperPower and Crunch.

Obv this is up to the op but just thought id put in my two cents.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Ill just address this.

Knock Off forces switches due to its sheer base power and STAB. Once you Knock an item off your opponent will keep going to the same pokemon to avoid more items being knocked off and to mitigate the base power of the move. This is where Pursuit comes in, to punish these switches.

Knock Off also helps weaken not only Krookodiles counters by removing key items and crippling your opponents team but other members of your opponents team possibly opening up a sweep. For example walls tend to not last long without Leftovers and SR up, especially if you force double switches into them with Knock Offs mind games.

Pursuit checkmates potential threats which are wrecked by it. For example: Bulky annoying psychic/ghost etc stopping your sweepers? Knock Off if it stays in and Pursuit it if it switches.

I honestly dont see what additional merit/coverage SuperPower has over Pursuit, its role is questionable with STAB EQ hitting 90% of the thing SP will harder. Crunch also sadly offers little utility.

Lastly Knock Off moxie sweeps are a thing of beauty also. Once your counter is weakened by having its leftovers or w/e removed if you KO it when its weakened with Knock Off your opponent then has to send something out vs a +1 +1 STAB full powered Knock Off. That easily has a snowball effect on their entire team if you can pull it off and its easier to sweep than say with Crunch thanks to its massive base power when items are intact.

In a nutshell, Knock Off and Pursuit offer more utility than SuperPower and Crunch.

Obv this is up to the op but just thought id put in my two cents.

Nah, I'd say you're right. That's kinda what I was thinking too; the ability to remove an opponent's items while doing good damage is a great thing, and Pursuit compliments that. Superpower's kinda counterproductive on something with Moxie anyway.

And just to make sure, Choice Scarf is the right item here, right?

Also, I still don't know what to put in the last slot.....

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I think I'll switch Krookodile from Adamant to Jolly and give it a Life Orb instead. Being locked into a move kinda kills the effectiveness of Knock Off+Pursuit and Moxie. LO makes up for the lost power, and Moxie will make it a non-issue when it scores a kill. It's not like it really needs the Scarf anyway in UU; 92 Speed with max EVs and Jolly should be enough.

Still need one more poke though....

LightBlast

I am fire. I am... death!
    Years
  • Maybe a Sticky Web/ Stealth Rock setter like Smeargle, Mega Aggron or Galvantula? Victini and Porygon Z are absurdly powerful but not fast enough to deal with the likes of Mega Houndoom, Scarf Jirachi, Scarf Darmanitan, which can be big threats to this team. Also, Porygon-Z and Victini often force switches, which will be punished by Stealth Rock Damage.

Maybe something like
    Smeargle@ Focus Sash
    Ability: Own Tempo
    Nature: Timid
    Evs:252 hp, 252 speed, 6 spdef

Magic Coat, Stealth Rock, Sticky Web, Spore/Destiny Bond

Last edited:

Super Bling

Clair pretty thick, huh?
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2014
    I'm just gonna throw some options.

Avalugg@ Leftovers
    Sturdy
    +Def, -Speed
    252 HP, 140 SpD, 118 Def.
    Gyro Ball, Avalanche, Recover, Curse

It checks MegaChomp. Completely walls physical moves. Sturdy is for the Special Attackers, which the SpD EVs should help with.

Idk if Staraptor is available in UU or not, either way:

Staraptor@Choice Scarf/Band
    Reckless
    Adamant, or Jolly.
    252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP (both)
    Brave Bird, Double Edge, Close Combat, (filler; I personally use Endeavor)

Crobat@Leftovers
    Either go for a defensive/specially defensive set or not, it works either way.
    Just make sure you put 252 on speed, max it out.
    Inflitrator
    Brave Bird, Haze, Whirlwind, Defog.

It's a different set, I know, it'll save you from any rocks and set ups in your way. It may even make some people RQ with the Haze...

That's all I can give, oh yeah...

Bouffalant@Life Orb
    Reckless
    Adamant 252 Attack, spread the other evs on its defenses and HP.
    Head Charge, Outrage, Swords Dance, (filler) Earthquake?

Self explanatory.

inb4someonecomesalongtoproveAvalugg'sbadnessnessness

Hope I helped.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Oh, Galvantula sounds good. And I even have other options to choose from now if it doesn't work out. Thanks guys =)

@Super Bling: Staraptor is BL, but the rest of those are UU or below.

Back