• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Inserting multiple region maps? (FR/EM)

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2021
    Hello!

I'm about to ask a potentially silly but important question. Many gen 3 hacks incorporate multiple regions, and thus multiple region maps. I've been told there are tutorials on how to do so here but I can never find them, and I'd love to be pointed somewhere where perhaps I can get a better idea. I've been told it's much easier on FR because there are already several in the game but apparently it's also possible for Emerald and that someone here went through it.

If it's an easy to resolve question then I'll happily remove my thread, don't want to clog but I'm quite stuck!

RoadToCerulean

A Ordinary Kanto Lover
    Years
  • 1. For FireRed, You need to make a single 4BPP tileset and at least two or more 192x144 tilemaps out of it to make multiple region maps. For advanced mapping tutorial, read this tutorial:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=312794
    To find the pointers that point to the 4 maps in FireRed, read this tutorial:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=244141
    (Sorry but the attachment is dead)
    2. For Emerald, maybe you should contact Diegoisawesome because his Emerald-based Pokémon CrystalDust hack contains two maps (Johto and Kanto). I wonder this hack is alive or not, though.
    P.S.: While some other RSE hacks like Pokémon Light Platnium (Ruby-based) and Pokémon Resolute (Emerald-based) do contain multiple regions, they are squeezed onto a single 240x160 map rather than divided into two or more maps so they don't count.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2021
    1. For FireRed, You need to make a single 4BPP tileset and at least two or more 192x144 tilemaps out of it to make multiple region maps. For advanced mapping tutorial, read this tutorial:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=312794
    To find the pointers that point to the 4 maps in FireRed, read this tutorial:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=244141
    (Sorry but the attachment is dead)
    2. For Emerald, maybe you should contact Diegoisawesome because his Emerald-based Pokémon CrystalDust hack contains two maps (Johto and Kanto). I wonder this hack is alive or not, though.
    P.S.: While some other RSE hacks like Pokémon Light Platnium (Ruby-based) and Pokémon Resolute (Emerald-based) do contain multiple regions, they are squeezed onto a single 240x160 map rather than divided into two or more maps so they don't count.

Big thanks! I've seen both of those posts before but didn't really connect them. Follow up question then, how would you edit the worldmap data if I say, replaced the kanto and sevii 1 maps? The tutorial recommends advancemap but that isn't an option for this as it only can edit the main one.

RoadToCerulean

A Ordinary Kanto Lover
    Years
  • Big thanks! I've seen both of those posts before but didn't really connect them. Follow up question then, how would you edit the worldmap data if I say, replaced the kanto and sevii 1 maps? The tutorial recommends advancemap but that isn't an option for this as it only can edit the main one.

After inserting the tileset and tilemaps, didn't you just open a Sevii Island map (e.g One Island) and then open World Map Editor (in AM 1.92)?

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2021
    After inserting the tileset and tilemaps, didn't you just open a Sevii Island map (e.g One Island) and then open World Map Editor (in AM 1.92)?

Welp, that might be my mistake, big apologies. Haven't done much of it in a while to be completely honest so I may have messed that up. Thanks for everything!

Back