• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Inside Out

Years
  • Just saw it and I can say with confidence this will win Best Animated Picture, unless something absolutely amazing comes out. Brought me to tears quite nearly, and kept me invested every single one of the 94 minutes. PLEASE see this movie, it is perfectly constructed and just everything about it makes me happy. The voice actors are perfect for their respective roles, and the animation is gorgeous.

If you've seen it, what did you think?

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Just watched it today! Thoroughly enjoyed it. I will admit I teared up but then again I do that in most Pixar movies haha. I really enjoyed the concept and thought it was quite experimental and really engaging. I agree, the voice actors were quite good, and I just fell in love with the characters (especially Sadness ajksdhf).

Years
  • Just watched it today! Thoroughly enjoyed it. I will admit I teared up but then again I do that in most Pixar movies haha. I really enjoyed the concept and thought it was quite experimental and really engaging. I agree, the voice actors were quite good, and I just fell in love with the characters (especially Sadness ajksdhf).

May I ask, what was your favorite part of the movie?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • This movie is guaranteed to win best animated film of 2015, but will it also branch out of other categories like Up before it? The scenes during the ending credits were outright hilarious.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    This movie is guaranteed to win best animated film of 2015, but will it also branch out of other categories like Up before it? The scenes during the ending credits were outright hilarious.
    Im not sure The Lego Movie... SHOULD of been a lock on for Best Animated Feature last year yet somehow wasn't even nominated..... plus The Minions Movie is fantastic

Years
  • This movie was honestly beautiful. Saw it the other day and damn Pixar did a good job. It just did a really good job at looking at a a girl going through an adolescent crisis and showing the stages of her emotional state, while having this side (though more main story I guess) of Joy accepting Sadness is a part of life. Thinking of the emotions not as their own things and truly as Riley's emotions, makes the movie really interesting. The whole idea just is really awesome and it's 3 am so this probably isn't even making sense but yeah Inside Out is great and should win some Oscars let's be real.

Years
  • Im not sure The Lego Movie... SHOULD of been a lock on for Best Animated Feature last year yet somehow wasn't even nominated..... plus The Minions Movie is fantastic

Though I agree with you, BH6 had a wonderful message (not that LM didn't have one) and I think Inside Out is in a similar category in terms of depth of the story. Just feel like Minions isn't going to win because its plot is more written towards humor.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    idk why i feel as though i should trust your opinion pepperton. personally just seeing the preview i thought it looked really bad, but i'm sure i'll see it at some point just not in theaters

Years
  • idk why i feel as though i should trust your opinion pepperton. personally just seeing the preview i thought it looked really bad, but i'm sure i'll see it at some point just not in theaters

i mean it all comes down to your taste in movies and appreciation for the message behind them, if there is any message. if anything the movie is likable just from how beautiful the animation and characters are. i would say it's definitely worth a try, and even if you don't like it at all, i can bet you'll at least chuckle once or twice during the film haha

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • May I ask, what was your favorite part of the movie?

It's tough! I really enjoyed the part where

Spoiler:

ALSO SPEAKING OF, can we please talk about Bing Bong?!

Spoiler:

idk why i feel as though i should trust your opinion pepperton. personally just seeing the preview i thought it looked really bad, but i'm sure i'll see it at some point just not in theaters

tbh I don't think the trailers really did the concept justice! From the trailers I thought it wouldn't be up to Pixar's general level of brilliance but the film itself was far better than I imagined it would be, and was quite deep, which I didn't expect from the trailers. So if you don't trust Pepperton, trust me. ;)

Years
  • I loved it. I cried, a little. Sadness was my favorite. I didn't like Bing Bong though.

What I really liked, although I was only half aware of it while watching, was that there was no villain in the story. It had as much drama and emotion as any other movie, all of it centering on a bunch of characters who were all trying to help each other out and care for Riley.

Also, as a note to movie producers everywhere, this proves you can have a movie with a female lead be successful and enjoyed by all demographics.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I really did enjoy this movie. It's highly original, aimed at kids, but people of all ages can enjoy it. It's surprisingly mature, and kept me interested throughout. It's honestly the best animated movie to come out so far this year, and has a real shot at bringing home a few oscars. My favorite scene was definitely towards the credits. I was laughing so hard at the teenage boy, the teacher, bus driver, and cat. That cat was awesome, haha.

Go read my review.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I'm gonna see it this Saturday with a group of friends, I'll come back later to post my short review, but all I know so far is that it's a really good movie and it has received sooo many good reviews. :D

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • saw it yesterday -- it does not stand up to Wall-E, Up, Toy Story, et al, and I'm really confused as to how people unanimously think that. it didn't leave a lasting impression on me after the fact, even though I liked it a lot while I was in it, nor did it leave me with much to think about which most other Pixar films do. THAT BEING SAID. it was very cute and funny and an enjoyable time. I think I cried twice but I cry at a lot of movies so that's not really saying much. go see it, it's worth it, anyhow. my Pixar bar of expectation is just too high probably.

Years
  • saw it yesterday -- it does not stand up to Wall-E, Up, Toy Story, et al, and I'm really confused as to how people unanimously think that. it didn't leave a lasting impression on me after the fact, even though I liked it a lot while I was in it, nor did it leave me with much to think about which most other Pixar films do. THAT BEING SAID. it was very cute and funny and an enjoyable time. I think I cried twice but I cry at a lot of movies so that's not really saying much. go see it, it's worth it, anyhow. my Pixar bar of expectation is just too high probably.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a kind of over-saturation or burnout of Pixar movies among people. They have made quite a few movies that have all been very high quality in every aspect. It's kind of like really rich chocolate and after you've had some it's really hard to have more no matter how good it is.

But you haven't been looking at yourself, imagining little emotion people in your head reacting to the things you see and do each day? I've been like "Oh, anger must be at the controls right now" and that sort of thing. It's fun.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • I wouldn't be surprised if there's a kind of over-saturation or burnout of Pixar movies among people. They have made quite a few movies that have all been very high quality in every aspect. It's kind of like really rich chocolate and after you've had some it's really hard to have more no matter how good it is.

But you haven't been looking at yourself, imagining little emotion people in your head reacting to the things you see and do each day? I've been like "Oh, anger must be at the controls right now" and that sort of thing. It's fun.
    yeah, you're right about pixar fatigue -- a lot of their movies follow a kind of same general formula (in a way?) and they push them out with such frequency that it is kinda easy to get a bit tired of it all. what I failed to articulate in my post before was that I genuinely enjoyed the movie a lot. oops. I just like all the other ones I named way more. and ever since seeing it I definitely have been imagining that going on in my brain so I guess it succeeded there. it is a fun movie, you're right.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I saw this movie the other day and am obsessed with personifying and identifying the primary emotion in everyone's heads.

Such a good movie. My favorite. Love psychology.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • This was one of those rare animated films that I wanted to cry whilst watching, it evoked so many feels! It was a unique concept going in, and Pixar certainly blew away my expectations. It has a lil' something for all kinds of viewers.

Years
  • I finally got round to seeing this (though it probably hasn't been out in the UK as long who knows?) and usually I wouldn't go to see a Pixar film at the cinema, but I'm glad I did.

I just loved everything about the film, there were very relatable moments for everyone I think. Every sort of allegory throughout the film was perfectly orchestrated.

Spoiler:

I can't tell whether it has replaced Up as my favourite Pixar film yet, but those two are certainly far and away my favourites. Once again they come through with a thought provoking family friendly film.

Back