• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Insomnia?

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
    Years
    Well, I seem to have it, and I was just wondering if anyone else here does.

I'm an insomniac, I believe. I often am awake long into the night, thinking, wondering, worrying, staring at the wall, writing poetry and stories, pondering what is happening to those close to me, playing a video game, reading a book. Someone once suggested to me that I take pills, but I personally do not think it that serious. Perhaps I am just a worrywart, and it is really not insomnia at all.

Then again, my inability to sleep much at night could be because my sister has an active 'night life' and her door has a LOUD alarm on it.

Anyway...what about the rest of us? Anyone able to relate?

Naminé

ナミネ..
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2011
    Naminé is far from being an insomniac. If she sleeps, she will not wake up until 10 hours of a dreamless night has passed. However, nevertheless she possesses qualities of an insomniac at times. She willingly refuses to sleep if possible, because sleep sounds like a waste of time. Imagine how much more time can be used to enjoy life if Naminé doesn't have to sleep? So, she will do most of the activities that Ms. Thorns mentioned excluding poetry writing on her own free will, even though she can sleep anytime if she wills it to be so.

mew42003

Lulz
    Years
    I can't really remember my dreams. I sometimes have dreams of people chasing me. i dunno why though. its strange. i think ill make a thread about dream psycoligy. ( i know i didnt spell that right... lol)

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    I sleep, but I have a hidden will to simply stay up later and later, (as Thorn previously mentioned) writing prose and such, contemplating, until that eventually becomes 6 AM...I know I can sleep if I try, so realistically speaking, I'm not at all associated with insomnia.

Nami-chan, people normally sleep for 24 years of their life, or so I've heard~ Correct me if I'm wrong.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    No matter how much or how little sleep I've had the previous night, I cannot bring myself to fall asleep any earlier than one or two in the morning; at times later if I've dozed off from exhaustion in the evening. Originally, I was forcing myself to stay up this late because of the realization of how productive the night can be (and, regarding this, how much life I had been wasting), but now I physically have no choice. I function perfectly on five or so hours a sleep a night, though; any more, even if it's still under the recommended amount of nightly sleep, and I feel that I've overslept.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I used to have really bad problems with sleeping, not as much anymore though. Usually I only get four to six hours of sleep a night. Most of the time I'm not in bed until 2am or so, and I won't fall asleep for another few hours. It's very hard for me to feel tired and just sleep, though when I want to oversleep, I can sleep for up to twenty hours in a row.

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
    Not even close to it. I'm often credited for being 'able to sleep through an atomic blast' by my family.

If you have problems with sleep, it could be sleeping during the day, which starts up irregular sleep patterns that lead to insomnia. Try staving off sleep during the day and save it for the night.

marillmonster2000

PC's True Blue Marill
    Years
    I Love To Sleep. And I USUALLY Have No Probelem Falling Asleep. Sometiems I Take A Diphenhydramine (tylenol pm, benadryll, ect.) Tablet, Though. I Just Never Want To Go To Sleep, I Don't Usually Get Tired. I Like, Go To Sleep Because I Know I Should. During The Summer I'm Up Till Like 5:30.. And I Get Up At 3-5Pm. I Usually Go To Bed At 1:30ish And Wake Up At Around 10ish For School, And I'm REALLY Tired. I Down A Bunch Of Caffiene, And Come To School Groggy. But During The Day I Usually Get Untired At Some Point. I Used To Not Be Able To Fall Alseep.. Which Has Caused Alcohol Probelems For Me In The Past. Eh. But Now I Fall To Sleep OK. And I'm Tired In The Morning/Early Afternoon And Wide Awake At Night. XD

viridian doubletongue

the world's greatest thief
    Years
    Amy, as soon as I saw this thread in the forum index I knew it was you that had posted it.

I am not an insomniac as such, but I do have alot of broken sleep patterns & Have trouble sleeping for no reason.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Well, I like staying up late so in the past I would stay up until one or two on school nights and only get a few hours of sleep, but recently, that changed. Now, almost randomly, I can't sleep at night. x_x; I'll be up until four or five in the morning and then have to wake up at seven...ick. D: I'm really not used to that.

But like Kaga, I've pretty much settled on a schedule where I go to bed around one or two and get up whenever. o_o I now function fine on four to six hours' sleep and anything more and I feel really drowsy and groggy all day. XD

phantom_zangetsu

PC's sandman!
    Years
    hmm...well i am too an insomniac...
    i think i should take some pills coz its affecting the way i spent my sleeping hours during schoolnights....
    but my mo thinks its not that srious...sometimes i sleep at 1 in the morning, eventhoguh i have school the next day...my longest was 3 am....

maybe im just nocturnal? LOL! XD!

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    I don't really have it, though it does take me a while to fall asleep (except for days when I'm on a vacation somewhere)

Chase Leader

Music Is My Miracle Drug!
    Years
    I had insomnia but the past several months I can see its finally going away...Granted sometimes I find myself awake at 3 or 4 in the morning but hey its getting better.

Back