• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Inspector Gadget (1983)

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2016
    I was probably the world's biggest fan of this show as a little tyke but i am wondering who else is/was big on this cartoon series. What's everyone's favourite episode?. Fan of the movies? I bought the box set which carries nearly every episode.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Moving to Culture and Entertainment because that's where it's supposed to be

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I used to love this show as a kid but it's been so long since I've watched it that I don't remember a whole lot of it. I'm pretty sure I saw the first movie for it, at least, but I also don't remember a thing about that. All I do remember is that I thought Penny was awesome for being so capable but now that I think about it, she seemed to get kidnapped like every single episode no matter how careful she was so maybe she wasn't as capable as 5-year-old me thought. XD;

I'd love to go back and watch some of the series. I might have to look into that.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I watched it as a kid and Gadget's theme should receive a title as one of the ear-wormiest songs ever XD

Also, it's not common to see a series that still makes sense even if you remove the main character completely!

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    I used to own a video tape that contained a couple of Inspector Gadget episodes when I was a kid and according to my mother, I was the sweetest child imaginable while Inspector Gadget or Teletubbies was flashing on the screen, but as soon as the tape ended The Satanic Fury Inside Of Me (I'm paraphrasing here) would unleash itself and I would not stop crying until Inspector Gadget or Teletubbies were pacifying me with their nonsensical plots. Oh, how I miss those days of video tape-inspired temper tantrums.
    I remember a part of me dying after I saw the horrifically bad movie adaption with Matthew Broderick :( It was just... painful.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Ah, Inspector Gadget. One of the highlights of my childhood. The idea of a guy with all the tools but little of the brains required to effectively fight crime was brilliant. And the theme song was, appropriately, epic.

And when I was young, I always fantasized about being like Dr. Claw... mysterious, sinister-sounding, and with a cat watching me carry out my evil schemes. That dude was seriously awesome.

"I'll get you next time, Gadget - NEXT TIME!" - That's a classic villain line right there.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • The theme tune has stayed in my brain for nearly 20 years now; it's certainly one addictive mo'fo, I can say for sure. Indeed, when I saw the title, I couldn't stop myself from humming it over and over, and now that I'm typing this response, nearly every keyboard button press is punctuated by a 'ooh-ooh'. That being said, I really can't remember a lot of the series itself. I can hear Gadget's annoying voice in my head, and there was a dog (?) involved somewhere, but that's about it.

But man, that theme tune. (Also a great theme tune: Gadget Boy. Man, those gadgety guys know how to write addictive music!)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    I was humming the tune just the other day. I doubt I'll ever forget it. This and The Trap Door were my favourite cartoons when I was younger. I'd like to see more of it, but it often happens that when they recreate a classic such as this they change it too much and it's ruined.

Guest123_x1

The first thing Inspector Gadget-related that I saw was the live-action film adaptation when it was in theaters back in the summer of 1999.
    I remember seeing some of the public service announcements/clips (not even knowing what those clips were) on PAX Kids when I (tried to) watch the Super Mario Bros. cartoons also back in the summer of 1999 (even with an outdoor antenna, I had trouble getting in the nearest PAX station, WPXD 31 in Ann Arbor.)
    I have both the first Inspector Gadget film and Inspector Gadget 2 on VHS. I wasn't too pleased with the second movie, but later noted that it was more or less in line with the cartoon series, after seeing some episodes from the original cartoon.
    Around 2003 or 2004, I bought a DVD with a few episodes from the original cartoon series, which included the "Inspector Gadget Saves Christmas" special. I really enjoyed the antics that were in the cartoons.

Back