• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
Years
  • I pretty much know when I wont be creating anything good for the day. I'll sit down at the piano in the morning, mess around and try to think of something clever, and if I dont have anything, thats the way it is the entire day. On any given day though I might be listening to this kickass song, and I'll simply get up and sit down at the piano, the boom - I've got something good. I think it just requires patience when creating new material.

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
    Years
  • Inspiration, for me, seems to come out of just playing with things. Like, I'm just playing with a new synth I downloaded, and I'm like, "Hey, this'd make a cool bassline for a song!", so I try and write a song (and fail :))

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I find that getting away from my everyday life for a bit helps me to get my inspiration back. I think sometimes your brain gets bogged down in the everyday routine and it takes stepping back and letting your mind rest to find some new inspiration.

timaeus222

Music Composer, Mixing/Mastering Engineer
    Years
  • For me, inspiration comes either randomly, or whenever I'm improvising something on my MIDI keyboard. I highly recommend you make sure you're near a MIDI input tool when you're feeling inspired.

If you're having a dry spell...

• Try changing up your daily routine. Doing the same thing every day might drain you of your creativity.
    • It also helps to listen to new music every now and then. I often find inspiration simply from listening to interesting music and using it as an influence. I find a lot of new stuff on soundcloud. The audio demos on Impact Soundworks' website are pretty inspiring, and so is this artist, IMO. For example, I listened to this and found the inspiration to write this in a week.
    • Start to learn sound design? I often begin a song by finding an inspiring sound, or by designing a new sound from scratch on u-he Zebra2. I wrote this when I was simply experimenting with a new soundbank.

Last edited:
    Back