• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script✓] Instant Script Activation Troubles

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2020
    Hey all, I've been having trouble getting instant script activation to work. Whenever I compile scripts for person, signpost events etc, I have no trouble. However whenever I compile a level script, it doesn't work. I have tried decompiling these scripts to see what was wrong, and the script I wrote doesn't show up. What does show up is

#org (offset)
    return

Thanks guys.

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2021
    Try this tutorial on level scripting:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=191500

For your specific issue, it sounds like you're not specifying a variable (which is declared as a flag in A-Map) and you need to click the level script button in the decompiler on XSE (it's to the right of the offset bar), then you'll be able to see the whole script.

Strongly recommend the tutorial, still really useful.

Years
    Hey all, I've been having trouble getting instant script activation to work. Whenever I compile scripts for person, signpost events etc, I have no trouble. However whenever I compile a level script, it doesn't work. I have tried decompiling these scripts to see what was wrong, and the script I wrote doesn't show up. What does show up is

#org (offset)
    return

Thanks guys.

You need to select your ROM in the XSE compiler, and not any other. This is the only issue here.

Back