• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Instinct [Teen 16+] (Pokemon merger)

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
  • Heh well obviously your SU isn't done so I can't accept or deny, but I find it funny your character has had a bad experience with the same pokemon Seph did. Big black dog pokemon= Mightyena.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
    Years
  • curious that both of your characters pokemon know each other from before they were caught. simply one of those simple things that keeps people different, and is always welcome of course.

I'd say everything is in working order so accepted.

ALSO: since I was feeling generous before I leave on a three to four day trip anyone who wants to play as some of the gym leaders when those battles come around (simply for fun) or at least organize some teams for them is welcome to. Basically if you want you can control a select gym leader (say Lt. Surge) and whenever they are challenged the player controlling them gets to play against the RPer's character.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
    Years
  • Yeah me being out of town with only my 3DS for internet can't write a start up. I will aim for Monday. We will start whether Kik and Kid are ready or not. 5 Rpers will be plenty to start.

EDIT: ok back in town, and with Easter tommarrow I'm taking that day to write the start up, and then Monday will be game start. I'm just wondering if people would be willing to try for one RP day every irl week or two. Just so we actually are moving.

Last edited:

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
    Years
  • Hope I can sign up! :) However, I won't be on for the next 4-5 days cause I'm on vacation.

Name: Kyni Opila

Appearance: Kyni stands at 5'6" and is slightly on the skinny side. She has a strange set of green eyes where one is obviously darker than the other. Her wavy hair is brown with a hint of lime green in it as she had dyed it but never really gotten rid of it. It reaches just past her shoulders when she lets it down which is all the time. Her limbs are slender but firm and her skin is slightly tan from sitting in the sun everyday. She's relatively light at 105 lbs.
    Kyni wears a loose-fitting t-shirt where the sleeves are too large and hang down. Her t-shirt design is three small ice blue bubbles floating upwards from the bottom left corner. The background is dark violet at the top and slowly gets lighter until it's lavender at the bottom. Her jeans are a bit worn out as the right leg has a small hole right above the knee. They're the normal dark blue with a line of light blue on the back from being used so long. To hide her eyes, she wears around a pair of sunglasses all the time, but usually uses them as a headband to keep her hair from falling into her eyes. Around her neck is a jade pendant depicting a Flygon soaring over the desert. She keeps inside her shirt at all times however.

Personality:
    "What a pain... I have to battle?"

Kyni is a lazy person. Despite her being pretty friendly to most people, she doesn't want to battle or exercise much for that matter. How she keeps thin is anyone's guess. She'd gladly exchange a Pokemon battle for a nap under a tree or cloud watching while lying down on a hill. However, her Pokemon force her to start moving around after a while. Kyni will start moving around willingly when she plays with her Pokemon, but she prefers playing over fighting. When she merges with her Pokemon, however, her Pokemon's fighting spirit pours into her and she becomes very ferocious. She gets the will to fight and merges with her Pokemon often just so they can actually battle.
    Kyni isn't lethargic all the time. She's very friendly to people and Pokemon, if she can be friendly to them. If she were to face an angry Beedrill for instance, she wouldn't try to become friends with it. However, her friendliness is paired with a natural gullibility. She'll believe many things that seem farfetched. Because of her being so gullible, she's been cheated of many things before such as her money and her lunch a couple times. Despite being robbed so many times, she's still very gullible and doesn't get angry at all. Her excuse is that she's too lazy to be angry, but the truth is that she just doesn't feel the need to be angry at anyone no matter what they did. No one's ever stolen her Pokemon though...

Background: you were before Sliph, why you joined the project, and any other
    important history. Kyni is a Kanto girl through and through. She was born in Kanto and raised in Kanto. However, that's not to say she hasn't visited other regions. When she was 7, she reluctantly went with her parents to vacation in Johto. She made a bunch of friends aboard the S.S. Aqua, and also lost her bracelet there to some shadowy person who she unwittingly decided to talk to. In Johto, she caught her first Pokemon, Bzzt the Chinchou. Being seven-years old, she called the Chinchou Bzzt because that was the sound Bzzt kept making. When she got back to her home city of Vermillion, she found a Zubat which she promptly caught and named Bat with her seven-year old imagination.

Later, she won a couple of battles with other classmates when she was ten-years old and in school. A teacher happened to see this and recommended her parents to teach her to be a trainer. They complied and started to teach her after school. She learned the basics and some intermediate things by the time she was eleven. Then her family moved to Saffron City.

Saffron City was humungous! Kyni would constantly get lost and would be found by a policeman and brought home. It happened so often that one policemen, Jack, would always search the streets at three or four to find her. Eventually, after a couple of months, she finally got the layout of the city and was able to move quickly and efficiently throughout the city. However, she would usually be outside of the city to escape the noise and just watch the clouds lazily drift by. One time, she was confronted by a group of Caterpies and she decided to play around with them. Unfortunately for her, the Caterpie were in a hurry and wrapped her up in a silk cocoon so they could get a move on. Bat took a while to free her, and that incident made Kyni stop bugging Pokemon that aren't interested in her or her Pokemon.

When she was 14, she heard of something that got her attention immediately. Silph Co. was testing something and it gave good pay. Kyni deliberated whether or not to sign-up for it, but eventually came to the conclusion that she needed the money if nothing else. Sure, she was curious, but she kept losing money whenever she talked to some people on the streets.

Fatal Flaw: Kyni's first and foremost flaw would be her unwillingness to battle. She doesn't want her Pokemon to fight pointlessly and, to her, most battles were pointless. She also avoids getting her hands sticky at almost any cost.

Pokemon: Chinchou

Nickname: Bzzt

Lvl: 14

Moves: Supersonic, Bubble, Psybeam, Confuse Ray, Thunder Wave, Flail

Appearance: Bzzt is a relatively normal Chinchou. She's slightly smaller than other Chinchou, but she can walk better. Her antennae lights are tinted blue to create a rather ominous glow.
    When merged with Bzzt, Kyni has two antennae extending from the small of her back. Her hair grows out to her waist and turns blue at the top and yellow at the bottom. Her sunglasses, when she's wearing them, turn into a real light blue headband. Her pupils also change to resemble a plus sign more. The air around her starts to crackle as well and she gets moist to the touch.

Personality: Bzzt is a feisty spirit. She always wants to be moving, but she doesn't get to do that much as Kyni is so lazy. She bounces around a lot and really tires Kyni out when they're playing. However, she is pretty good-spirited and won't attack without reason.

History: Kyni found Bzzt on a beach. Her father was teaching her how to catch a Pokemon and they happened across Bzzt while walking along the shore. Bzzt was already weakened and Kyni's father thought that it was the perfect time for Kyni to try it out. Thus began Bzzt's life with Kyni. Bzzt raced Kyni a lot on land and in the water over the years and has powerful legs and fins.

Pokemon: Zubat

Nickname: Bat

Lvl: 16

Moves: Leech Life, Astonish, Brave Bird, Bite, Supersonic

Appearance: Bat is a large Zubat with a reddish tinge to his coat. His wings are larger than the usual Zubat and his ears are also larger. His mouth is, however, smaller.
    When merged with Bat, Kyni has purple bat wings on her back and her sunglasses, if she's wearing them, turn into ears on top of her head. Her hair turns into a dark blue braid that goes down to the middle of her back. Her hearing increases drastically and she has a scissor tail like Bat's. She also grows fangs in her mouth, her nails grow longer and sharper, and her eyes turn violet. She also gets somewhat faster.

Personality: Bat is timid and shy, but if he's annoyed in some way, he'll get angry and start attacking for no reason. He ignores other Pokemon except his opponents and Bzzt. Bzzt can usually keep Bat under control and calm, but sometimes, Kyni has to take matters into her own hands. Despite his shy personality, he loves to battle and dart around.

History: Kyni met Bat when she came back from the Johto region. She used Bzzt to battle her first battle at her father's suggestion. They were able to weaken Bat enough to catch him. This is the start of Bat's life with Kyni. He's seen most of the battles Kyni decided to have as he's faster and more fit for land battles than Bzzt.

pokepokemo

The RPing Challenger!
    Years
  • here's a question, can the trainer say..... combine a pokemon attack and a normal punch or sumthin'? Can they punch normally at all??

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
    Years
  • They could do a generic punch or kick, but think of that as the weakest attack possible and it would have no type to it.

Also guys travel time please. Think of travel like the anime it could take a coulpe of days to get some places. I'd imagine 1 day for the short route between Saffron and Celadon while Fushcia to Lavender might be three to four days. and those days would be of atleast six hours of solid travel each.

Oh and one thing about wild pokemon kanto pokemon are the most common pokemon in the kanto region. all others can be found too, but 1st gen are the most common.

Here's a question for you Pokemo: is it just your characater who doesn't know lavender is in Kanto?

pokepokemo

The RPing Challenger!
    Years
  • No, he's just being plain stupid that is all..... But by my guess Nebbia shouldn't know her way around either.......

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
    Years
  • Guys, I am wondering. If I were to encounter a wild pokémon on route 7, what would its level be? Would it be pretty much the same as it would be in the game, or maybe slightly less, as that would mean they'd all be hitting pretty close to 18/19?

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
    Years
  • wild pokemon work like the gym leaders they scale with your pokemon, but with some differences.

1. wild pokemon would be about a lower level then your average pokemon level. (ex. if you have a lvl 16 and a lvl 14 the average level is 15. You can find level 14 and down.)

2. chances of finding an evolved pokemon even with the needed levels are lower then just finding the pokemon at that level.

3. (not about levels) try to match pokemon with your location. Just the obvious stuff. No lotads sunbathing in Cinnebar volcano.

プリンセスサファイア

Sapphire Princess
    Years
  • I have a question. In my next post I'm gonna challenge Sabrina at the gym, with the battle is is my character physically merged with one of her Pokemon just versing a Pokemon or do the gym leaders merge as well?

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
    Years
  • the gym leaders don't do anything with merging. only th PCs (player characters) can merge. You also have to beat their entire team remember its just that you can only merge once.

Back