• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Integrating legendary Pokémon into the storyline

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    The Legendaries should be left out of the story completely. It would just seem like more of the same if they had Team Rocket going after the Legendaries again.

It wouldn't be bad, but I think the Legendaries should have mystery surrounding them like they did the the original S/G/C.

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
    No, I don't want them added to the plot, not at all. Not the old ones at least. I feel like I need a good explanation to why Kyogre/Groudon is in it.
    It's true. The old legendaries were optional and more like myths. Still I'd like to know a bit more about their background. I think they could make this information optional. Maybe they gould place a book in some house that one can pick up and read about them in it. I also think they should include the additions from crystal.

I don't want Team Rocket to have anything to with those legendaries. It wouldn't fit.
    O would like them to be more present in Kamto though and have a sideplot about Giovanni and Silver.

Years
    I agree that whilst the main story should stay reasonably faithful to the original G/S/C plot line, that a little back story that you could discover yourself could only be a good thing. I liked the mystery surrounding the old school legendaries and would like that kept intact if they could. Back in the old days when you had to find them by yourself and when finding them actually had significant bragging rights in the school yard (Keep in mind I was in primary school when Silver was released). Being the first to own a rare Pokemon was a great feeling and I feel like later generations lost that either through making them integral to the plot or making too many of them. Whilst I don't ming the fact that they are intergrating the R/S/E legendaries into HG/SS I would rather that their backstory was left until after the main story and gave us something extra to do in Kanto.

Much of what I typed is a reheat of whats been posted but since the original Silver Version is my fave incarnation of the game I felt the need to voice my opinion on it

Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    I think that there should be every legendary catchable, but keep to the original plot and have all the other legendaries as side plots which can be undertaken when the Elite 4 has been beated, such as going off to find the Regis in Emerald.

I also think there should be more side plots like the Sevii islands and i also think that they should let every normal pokemon be catchable rather than having to not be able to catch certain pokemon, as they want you to trade if you want to complete your pokedex

harig07

Pokemon & SSBB newbie, YGO Pro
    Years
    I hated how the legendaries didnt really have much to do with the story, but Mewtwo didn't in FR/LG either. I doubt they're actually going to change it except maybe with when you battle the three sages and all that crap before you can capture whoever someone says 'You must battle this Pokemon. It's out of control.' or 'This Pokemon is our only hope to defeating Team Rocket once and for all) etc. I mean, honestly, who would kill the Pokemon?

Years
    I think that there should be every legendary catchable, but keep to the original plot and have all the other legendaries as side plots which can be undertaken when the Elite 4 has been beated, such as going off to find the Regis in Emerald.

I also think there should be more side plots like the Sevii islands and i also think that they should let every normal pokemon be catchable rather than having to not be able to catch certain pokemon, as they want you to trade if you want to complete your pokedex

Well I think they had the balance right in the original but since they are chucking more in they have to be careful how they intergrate them. That being said having seen some very limited glimpses of lugia and ho oh in one of the trailers they look awesome but it will depend on what they do with the Sinnoh/Mewtwo Legendaries. Too many in the one game and they do lose there aura a bit.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    Well if Eusine is gonna be a part of the game, I'm guessing he's gonna appear as often as Looker, so that might be a start to a deeper story with the Legendaries. But I prefer them not to get in the way of the story, I don't like being forced to catch a Legendary at a certain time.

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    I just hope they don't do what they did with Ho-oh in Crystal. Just replayed it recently, and having to catch all three Legendary beasts to get into Tin Towers upper floors was annoying.

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    There's no evidence that the games ran out of space.
    In fact, even if they did, they could have just deleted a ton of unused stuff, like the beta Lake of Rage, the beta Safari Zone, etc.

Giratinarules

Pokemon Champion
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Oct 5, 2012
    they should make team rocket focus on ho-oh(hg) and Lugia(SS) in johto
    and they should focus on mewtwo (HG and SS) in kanto

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
    Hmm, I would like a few legendaries, but anymore than 8-9 in a game ruins their authenticity. Before theses games were announced, I was the only person I knew which had all the Johto Legendaries. So the good thing about most games is have just the few legendaries and not go and put the majority of the pokemon in it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2009
    There's no evidence that the games ran out of space.

Safari Zone seems like pretty good evidence, but meh, no point arguing over petty things like space. Kanto seems really full this time round.

Back