• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Intermediate Class [Aizuke's Home Room]

Gunners

wants Arsenal to pwm everyone!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2009
    Can anyone in the homeroom rate this:

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    Hey, Aizuke can I please join this home room? I'll try and get the first assignment in today.

I'm not sure if you can just join or you have to request from the graphic's school thread, so once you post there, I can add you to the list.

meh the render is quite bad. Its got sum white lines that i only just realsies under his right armpit lol poorly rendered but oh well

I don't really how it's better than your other one. All it seems to be is just it's been tidied up and with the monochrome colours, it makes the render blend to the background better. Text is hard to read, I didn't realised it was there until I starred long enough. :x Right side is rather empy, though lighting source is good, still, it's a big plain, to be honest.

Gunner's Grade; B

This is my entry for the first sotw. It's horrible. It's a render, with water texture, and lightened. There is no depth, and nothing interesting to it. Quality is horrible. :x

To fix it, I could add some gradient maps, a way better background, more than like 2 layers, depth, flow, take out the text, or at least blend it more. And leave the quality. The blurry look doesn't work to well. XD;

First rule of making tags, never filter your render. :x Or make the opacity lower. Making the render unclear kind of ruins the banner. It's rather spacious too, and empty wise. I'm sure it didn't take you long to make, no offense. XD;; Maybe to make it seem more watery, try to find some good watery looking textures or C4D's. But either than that, try all the things you've mentioned and see how it goes. :3

--
    Eh, my computer is crap so I can't see images. XD;; So I'll rate your recent banner, Gunners.

Can anyone in the homeroom rate this:

In my opinion.. I don't like the render. XD;; And I don't know if you've erased the right little white part of her head or it's like that. One side of the banner seems more plainer than the other, and I've seen that most of your work are monochrome. :x Trying using other colours to lighten up your banners. And also, a white light background makes it awfully bright too. D:

---

Okay, I know it's been a while, sorry. I've been busy with work and life. XD;

I have a new assignment though!
    Assignment #2

This one is pretty easy, all you have to do is make a tag, but you can only use shapes. But! You can only use one sort of shape. If you've picked a circle, then you have to keep using circles. This is just a way to experiment with vectoring and the pen tool. You can use C4D's and textures, only if they match the shape you have chosen. Don't forget to add lighting, depth etc. Then once you've done, you must rate each others banners.

Assignments are due 9th of Febuary~​

Last edited:

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    Assigment Two.
    Okay, first time I've done something without a render/stock in quite a while.
    Anyways, went for soe smudging stuff & Circles. Just to be safe I smudged circles XD
    Anyways, it's alright. Here we go.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    That's pretty awesome. XD The blank space on the side fits well, though it's blankness.

Next person to complete the assignment must rate Dukey's banner.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    Can we rate the other people's banners anyway? Like just because I've rated once doesn't me I can't again for example.
    I assume we can, so I'll be rating everyone's :P

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    Of course.

But this is like the graphics rating thread now, next poster must rate the above graphics.

Harsh criticism is wanted, since you won't improve if you don't know what you're doing wrong.

This is to help improve your criticing and being able to take harsh criticism. Since not everyone will be a fan of your work.

Extra credit points if you rate more than one banner. :DDD

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    Lol Extra Credit. That'll do a whole bunch :P
    Anyways. I'll try to rate everybody's and I agree with what you said Mayka.
    Harsh Critiscm is the only way I got better :/

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    Well, I made a vertical banner, and had to use a different render. That one what that bad. But I stuck with the same subject. And I was brain dead while doing this but...
    Assignment #1 (yay being late):

Back