• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

International Pokemon hacking competition

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010

Pokemon The Real World
    Ok let me first make it clear for you guy
    - Why is it "International"?
    + Because this game involves many countries in the world.
    - Are we going to compete?
    + Yes and no. While it is competitive between countries during the process, there's no such winner or loser (there's only a distinction between the one who gives up and the one who works until the end). We're all making this game for our world and you will be the main hands.
    - What's up with "the real world"?
    + Good question. So basically when we were kids, as soon as we be familiar with the world of Pokemon, we always dreamed of making the pokemon become true in the real world. However, years have passed and we still don't have the technology to fulfill the childhood dream. Nevertheless, we're able to create anything within the cyberworld. So instead of bringing the pokemon into the real life, why not take the real world to the cyberworld?
    Are you with me so far? So the plan is: at first each team representing their country ( any country in this world, from US to UK, France to German, Russia to China, etc.)are going to build 1 city. Finally, we are going to link the cities together to create a complete pokemon game. We'll talk about the process of linking later on.
    - Ok here are the very first rules for making the game:
    Spoiler:
    - The main story: Although every team is expected to design its own story, events for its city. It'll probably get loose once we link them up so I have devised a main story for it. And make sure you follow it (but still be creative, just don't go off-topic)
    Spoiler:
    - Here are people I'll need:
    Spoiler:
    - Registration process: Plz provide this information (and be honest). You can sign up for your friends who don't have an account here. Every PKM hacker is welcome.
    Spoiler:
    Note: once you decide to participate, you have to be responsible and must stick with it until the end because you are not the only one here. There are several people who are gonna work this out so don't let the whole community down. Also, don't make your country look bad by giving up. Got it? But take it easy anyway; it's a city only (though it's big) so it's not that hard. Beside, you still have your teammates to help you out. No falling behind but no rush either.
    Ex:
    Spoiler:
    -
    - Banner
    Thanks to mrhaxmaster, this banner is awesome and creative
    Please support the game by copying the following link to your signature
    HTML:
    [url=https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=200143][IMG]https://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx285/sageknight/newestbanner.png[/IMG][/url]
    - Rules for my thread
    Spoiler:
    - The last but not least: prize
    Spoiler:

- Current team:
    Team America
    Spoiler:

Team UK
    Spoiler:

- Leader's rights and responsibility
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Glitch.

maybe making a comeback
    Years
    this is a great idea!
    im sorry but ill have to take a pass on this one, ive only been hacking for 2months now and im well underway in making a hack. it was a solo but i have formed a small team of about 4-5 people.
    check (the thread) in my description for more info.

Denali

C++ Programmer
    Years
    This is a very cool and unique idea.... Different than all the rest of 'em!
    Denali, 17, hacking for 2-3 months
    United States
    c[email protected]
    Mapper, basic scripter, OW editor

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    Thanks! I'm glad you guys are interested in this. I hope there will be enough contestants for the game, otherwise, it'll be but another dream :P. So if you can, please do some advertising in other PKM forum from your country. Don't be shy, remember there are no winners or losers here. :)

Denali

C++ Programmer
    Years
    Thanks! I'm glad you guys are interested in this. I hope there will be enough contestants for the game, otherwise, it'll be but another dream :P. So if you can, please do some advertising in other PKM forum from your country. Don't be shy, remember there are no winners or losers here. :)
    Could you maybe make a banner for the hack? So we can advertise easier, that is....:rambo:

Glitch.

maybe making a comeback
    Years
    I took the liberty to Make you a banner since this is a great idea.

[url*=https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=5309097#post5309097][IMG*]https://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/mrhaxmaster/PKMTRW.png[/IMG*][/url*]

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    @ Ninja: this is a great idea. Thanks a lot. Following the WWIII will boost up the creativeness of the hackers instead of depending too much on details about WWII (and you are right, WWII is old and not fun to mess with :-j). Anyway, since I have set a rule that is "don't put wrong information", the years should be close to present, 2019 is perfect :)
    @ mrhaxmaster: thanks, the banner is really something, simple but clear, I really appreaciate it. Yet I'm trying to figure out the image of the player (u know half Earthling and half Alien) to put it on the left of the banner then it'll be perfect. But until then, yours is good enough.

Denali

C++ Programmer
    Years
    Team America is ready and waiting, Commander Aliens! lol
    Anyways.... Would you like Team America's city to be named: USA, United States, or America?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    @ Ninja: this is a great idea. Thanks a lot. Following the WWIII will boost up the creativeness of the hackers instead of depending too much on details about WWII (and you are right, WWII is old and not fun to mess with :-j). Anyway, since I have set a rule that is "don't put wrong information", the years should be close to present, 2019 is perfect :)

But, uhm, you're making up a story. What wrong information?

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    @Denali: ok team America, are you ready? Hear my words and... keep waiting lol :P
    Anyway Denali, I like the way you are working with such high-speed even though you still have your game to do. However, I need to make sure there are at least 10 countries participating in this competition, otherwise it'd turn out to be "PKM The Real America" instead of "PKM The Real World". By the way Denali, how did you team up so fast? Are you the only one on your team or you have already recruited some henchmen from other web sites ;)). If you have done so, plz declare their infomation here just like the registration form. They don't need to present here though.
    Referring to the name, typically it'll appear on the map as it always does in the real world: USA. But feel free to use the other names in the story, or you don't have to use any of them. EX: just show the player a NAXA building and we'll know immediately that it's America (btw, NAXA is in America, rite? lol *kidding*)

@Ninja: If you check the rules on my first post, you'll see the statement "Don't put wrong infomation about your country". Hence, if I make the year become 2941, who knows:-", some people might claim that by such year they'd have hundreds of Pyramids with tons of gorgeous mummies even though they are not Egyptian. So I should make it somewhere close to present. Got it? :D

Denali

C++ Programmer
    Years
    Currently I am the only Team America member. I haven't advertised yet so I'll start. I'm just so excited to start! lol

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    What team am I on? What do you think, Denali? I'm an alien so I belong to no team ^lol^. Beside, I've got to organize a huge number of hackers going to participate. Let's see, around 50 of them according to my estimate, so it's not like I have time to take part in a team at all (even though I do, no one in the team will recognize I'm an alien, maybe I'll join the America team, lol).
    Anyway Denali, I appreciate your enthusiasm but don't forget the rule, that is, be responsible. Hence, I suggest you to gather enough hackers for your team before getting started.
    Say, Denali, do you know more than one language? It'll be a big help if you are able to advertise in forums from other countries beside America.
    @ SharpPoint: I don't get your point at all since you are SharpPoint :P. What do ya mean, pal? ;))

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
    arrgh, i want to help with his :O, although it's not my style i really want to help. I usually like rare hacks..

Man, just thinking how i could make the US of A in a pokemon hack :P.

Denali

C++ Programmer
    Years
    arrgh, i want to help with his :O, although it's not my style i really want to help. I usually like rare hacks..

Man, just thinking how i could make the US of A in a pokemon hack :P.
    I could use all the help I can get, Fan King. I'm fairly new at hacking and I'm still learning the ropes. Just think of it, man, we can make our own tiles, sprites, everything! We could make the White House, the American Flag, Mount Rushmore, and a bunch of other cool things!:P

With our brains as one, we would create the awesomest, coolest, city: The United States of America, created by Team America!:rambo:

What team am I on? What do you think, Denali? I'm an alien so I belong to no team ^lol^. Beside, I've got to organize a huge number of hackers going to participate. Let's see, around 50 of them according to my estimate, so it's not like I have time to take part in a team at all (even though I do, no one in the team will recognize I'm an alien, maybe I'll join the America team, lol).
    Anyway Denali, I appreciate your enthusiasm but don't forget the rule, that is, be responsible. Hence, I suggest you to gather enough hackers for your team before getting started.
    Say, Denali, do you know more than one language? It'll be a big help if you are able to advertise in forums from other countries beside America.
    @ SharpPoint: I don't get your point at all since you are SharpPoint :P. What do ya mean, pal? ;))
    I speak a little Spanish, but that's it, sorry.:'(
    (Yes; join Team America!) lol, just kidding, that would sorta maybe kinda be cheating!:badsmile:(Creepy smilie dude)

I also have a question. Can we also make scripts or buildings resembling the past. Like make scripts refering to past wars like Hitler in WWII? Or would that count as being offensive to countries? Just wondering.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    @ Denali: You can check back the updated story to see that I have made it year 2019, about the WWIII, so no more Hitler hanging around:). Actually as I said, the first country to register here will be the first one to be visited by the alien and the last country is where our hero defeat the mad dictator (I think that country wouldn't mind because of the main reason at the end of the story). The rest is still the same.
    @ FanKing: if you are really into it, you can be the one providing ideas in the team or you can learn how to hack in the tutorial threads though. Then you can participate. :D

Back