• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Internet 2

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014

Posted info about Internet 2. So watch them when you get a chance.

Well, I posted what I thought about this new internet we going to have in 2012. I really hope it is a HOAX and it isn't going to happen. I am going to put in what I said about it from my LJ. I am pretty annoyed about this. >:T

From my LJ:

Well I heard about this new Internet coming in near future. It is called Internet 2. It is basically like we got now, but they are saying it is 10x faster and better. But what they are not telling is it is more restricted than Internet 1. It is so retarded. I hate it! Like you won't be be able to go all the sites you wanted to go, they will be blocked. You have to go to the sites that the government wants you to go. Yes it is the government. It was their idea. Like you won't be able to go to YouTube, MySpace, etc. And you will need a license to make your own webpage. It is totally stupid. And all the fanart and fan sites will be closed. You can't make a anti or hate website. They will close that one down. You are just limited to what they want you to go. Like there are millions of sites you can go. But with Internet 2, you are only going to be allowed just only a 1,000...

And you have to pay a tax while going online!! So every site you go to, you have to pay to get it. Not only you have to pay your ISP you have to pay a lot more extra so you can browse the web. Man...this is stupid. I been watching this info on YouTube. They are people ranting about it. Oh another thing, the government is going to watch what we are doing online! Yes! So if you do something bad, they will block you from the Internet forever!! And they are not going to maintain the hubs or servers for Internet 1. So if your connection is gone, it is all over. You have to switch to Internet 2. I am better off of not having the internet anymore. They can't do this! They just can't! I heard this will come to play around 2012. Yeah all the new computers will be programmed for Internet 2.

I REALLY HOPE THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN. They are taking our freedom away. So for more information you can check on YouTube. And type in the search, "Internet2". You will find rants and info about it. I just hope it is only a rumor and it doesn't happen. I don't want to pay to go online! And I want to go the websites I want to go. Not what the government wants.

Oh yeah this is going to be GLOBAL thing. So it is going to happen everywhere around the world. So yeah...hopefully it is only a hoax and someone relayed the wrong information. As of right now, everyone is saying by 2012...THE INTERNET IS DEAD!

Okay, that is all I got to say about this. It might more, so stay tuned.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    -_-
    Screw them.
    I agree. This better be a hoax, otherwise I'll be stuck with the same computer for the rest of my life.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Yeah I think you are right, Rekhyt. I think I am worried over nothing. But it seems it is going to happen. But we shall see. It could be a hoax. I really hope it is.

to Zet: Wow so Internet 2 might not be worth since it might have the same speed as Internet one. Okay I think my mind is at ease once again.

I agree t w e n t y - t w o.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I've heard a lot of people say they don't want it to happen, but I haven't seen anyone official anywhere saying it would

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Yeah I haven't heard anyone saying anything official yet. I guess I will think about this:

"I will believe it, when I see it." That is what I am going to think for now on. I wish that people don't keep anything secret. They should say it all straight out. Don't keep the public in the dark. *sigh* I just going to see what happens around 2012. I won't worry about til then.

Thanks guys you put my mind in ease. ^_^ Sorry for the scare. I worry too much...

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
    That's stupid. Just the idea alone infringes the constitution of the USA. Plus, if the government is going to watch what we do, we can sue their asses. And, a tax on the internet? Just what the h?
    I mean, come on. And just how would you pay it? Over internet 2? Oh wait, that's right, you have to pay taxes to pay taxes. It's an infinite loop hole that pretty much cancels itself out.

-__-
    People these days...

Plus, if they take the hubs down for internet 1, then why do they have to block them? They can't, because THEY'RE NOT THERE GENIUS!!

Plus, the UN (United Nations, the WORLD, the EARTH, GLOBAL HQ) hasn't been able to actually agree on much since...they began.

God, I just found every fault of this, AND MORE!

Also, and just HOW are they going to implement this into the Wii, PS3, DS, PS2, PSP, Xbox 360, and phones?
    They CAN'T.

Sorry about the little rant, but it's the truth. :\

Last edited:

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Good rant! Yeah how they going to do this if other items are in use. They need the internet to work. Like you said about phones, Wii, Xbox 360, PSP, etc...

Yep they won't be able to do it. You are right. So in 2012, hopefully there won't be an Internet 2.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Yeah it just isn't right. They will watch of what we are doing? That seems wrong. No way this is going to happen. I will see what happens in 2012. You are quite welcome. ^^

Back