• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Internet Addiction

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    I'm pretty much addicted. 'Cause seriously there's nothing much to do around here since something happened a year ago. My life is digital now.

3 days? I'll live. =P I still DO have a life offline.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2014
    I'm extremely addicted. If I didn't have to pay for it myself, I wouldn't even consider looking for a job. If I'm able to, I will stay on for 15-18 hours a day, which was my average time on the Internet during summer vacation.

I've learned to survive about...a week without the Internet; I don't have a job yet (and no one's giving me any money), so if I don't have the resources, I'm forced to stay off. However, a week is all that I will allow. I've gone insane (literally) because I wasn't able to get on the Internet for more than that time.

Years
    I can go without the internet for a while cause I have plenty of friends to see I have my pets to play with. when i moved house I had to go without the internet half of the summer holidays (4 weeks) I really didn't mind, I'd sprite yeah but no use the internet because I couldn't, Heck we didn't have a phone.

You could say I'm addicted, I use it as an escape from reality really

Years
    Not addicted, I like the internet, but i have better things to do as well. I only stay on when I'm totally bored, but I ahve enough freinds to hang out with and there are better things to do. But I just love to speek to people who like the same things as me and furthermore understand me, so thats basically why I like the internet ^_^

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    DarkCircuit said:
    I'm addicted ._."

In some ways I feel like I'm wasting my life~ And then I look at the real world and realize it's the other people that aren't addicts who are D:
    If you enjoy yourself, then it isn't a waste. Remember that.

Fly, what's your username at Gaia?

Keitaro

Urashima
    Years
    Well I first got my computer along with the net when I was 15 so yea, I'd say I am and before that me and my buddies would go to the library and rent time on the cpu and go to those geocities chat rooms, my hotmail account is older then my computer, now that's a freaky thought. But mind you I do take long durations of off time from the net since I can't stay indoors, it's not my nature but I do enjoy it for sure. I consume it though, never let it consume me. :D

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    Keitaro Urashima said:
    I consume it though, never let it consume me.
    Wherp, I didn't quite get that. Um, you mean simply, that you're not addicted?

Eh I realized I forgot to post what I do online.
    I play on PC, I play on Netbattle, I got to MFC and once in a while I go to Gaia.

Last edited:

Shirt_Guy_Dom

L33t One
    Years
    Yeah i'm addicited. I usually read online web comics, post in communities, update my online photo album, search for various anime, play online games, or listen to music.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I like know now for sure that I'm addicted to the internet.

How depressing~ But I'd take diet coke over the internet >3 Addiction vs Addiction

Keitaro

Urashima
    Years
    Supreme Edgeboy Max said:
    Wherp, I didn't quite get that. Um, you mean simply, that you're not addicted?
    What I meant was I'm partially addicted, meaning I am since it's there but at the same time I can live without the net as well like if the power went out or I couldn't afford it type deal.

Sebastien

I used to be a year or so ago. Now I hate being on the internet, 'cause when I am, it means that I'm not out somewhere having fun or doing anything productive. :p

Eliana

The |R a m p a g e|
    Years
    Rofl, well there was a study done, right? Most kids with ADHD are addicted to the net, and vice versa.

I'm included in that so sucks for me.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Eliana said:
    Rofl, well there was a study done, right? Most kids with ADHD are addicted to the net, and vice versa.

I'm included in that so sucks for me.
    But for the internet you have to sit down and be still O_o;

So wouldn't that be HARD for ADHD kids? O_O;

Eliana

The |R a m p a g e|
    Years
    Katsuro said:
    But for the internet you have to sit down and be still O_o;

So wouldn't that be HARD for ADHD kids? O_O;
    Nope.

That's ADD.

I have ADHD. I can sit inside a drawer for about...3 hours (I did this once playing hide and go seek. XD). So, yeah.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Eliana said:
    Nope.

That's ADD.

I have ADHD. I can sit inside a drawer for about...3 hours (I did this once playing hide and go seek. XD). So, yeah.
    I thought:

ADD = Attention Deficiet Disorder

ADHD = Attention Deficiet Hyper Disorder

o_o

Eliana

The |R a m p a g e|
    Years
    Katsuro said:
    I thought:

ADD = Attention Deficiet Disorder

ADHD = Attention Deficiet Hyper Disorder

o_o
    Yes, that's exactly it.

ADD kids are the ones that fidget a lot, ADHD just have a lot of energy. I mean, they both can have the same symptoms, but I do believe that ADHD kids don't fidget that much.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    You know that "H" in there, yeah. It means hyper.

It wouldn't make sense for ADHD kids to just sit still o.o;

Lady Akita

*~Unimportance~*
    Years
    Oh, they fidget. One of my friends have it, to be honest. She keeps passing me notes in class and I get in trouble for it.

Miiburd

Benjamæl II von Tavireksumpf
    Years
    I'm not quite addicted.... but I do go on here a lot. I have not gone on the computer for a few weeks before XD that was when we were on a trip though.. And there is a LOT of catching up to do when we get back.
    I would miss things, too. Mostly my friends.
    Sometimes I spend a little too much time on the computer though...
    On the weekends I am on as much as I can. Usually almost all day =P
    And on normal days I get on in the morning and at night, and then during the day I WORK x_X or, if it is slow, then I go on my laptop! ^__^ but I don't have internet access on there, so usually I am drawing.

I go to a few pok?mon sites, deviantart.com, update my own site sometimes {sometimes =P}, and I have a forum-thing. I also went on LJ for a while but it became useless and I am still trying to figure out what to do with it.

I like to talk to different people. ^__^ That is the best thing about the internet, I think. Well.... maybe not the best thing. The first best thing is the resources O__O but ... talking to different people all over the world, instantly? That's really neat.

Last edited:
    Back