• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Internet Censorship

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
  • I can't remember exactly but I think a smaller version of this bill (COCINA... or something... I think) passed... Or was it just a test vote? Meh, can't remember.

But yeah, the industry is trying to cling on to something that they should have lost control over a long time ago. Imo, a switch over to digital delivery might be good for the enviroment as well.

Ideally, i'd like for most stores to stop selling cd's and switch to a digital delivery system. You want some songs? Go up to the music selling machine, swap a credit/debit or insert some cash, plug in a jump drive/memory card/mp3player/ipod, and select the songs you want. You buy them, they get transfered over and you go on with your day. If you want a physical copy, order it online from the artist.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I can't remember exactly but I think a smaller version of this bill (COCINA... or something... I think) passed... Or was it just a test vote? Meh, can't remember.

But yeah, the industry is trying to cling on to something that they should have lost control over a long time ago. Imo, a switch over to digital delivery might be good for the enviroment as well.

Ideally, i'd like for most stores to stop selling cd's and switch to a digital delivery system. You want some songs? Go up to the music selling machine, swap a credit/debit or insert some cash, plug in a jump drive/memory card/mp3player/ipod, and select the songs you want. You buy them, they get transfered over and you go on with your day. If you want a physical copy, order it online from the artist.

That doesn't make much sense. Physically go to the store to get a digital copy, and order a physical copy only over the internet? Makes more sense to buy the digital copy online and have the physical copy available in stores.

jpp8

Producer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2013
    Just because it sounds too ridiculous to pass doesn't mean it won't. Don't be apathetic about it now and complain about it later. You can help prevent it from passing with your voice and opinion. USE IT.

Back