• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Internet Speed

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    In Units/second, what is the average upload speed, download speed, and browsing speed(I might be using the wrong term) that your connection is currently providing to you alone?
    Also, please state the region in which you are now as a reference, so that I can know what speed is normal around that specific region.

I was just curious, and really disappointed with the current speed of my connection...
    And if I have used any term in a wrong way, please correct me. I will be more than just glad if I am taught about the matter...

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
  • My ADSL line is 1.1Mbps.

I haven't monitored it before to find out the top upload and download speeds, but the bandwidth is definitely 1.1Mbps.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • I have rather decent speeds for DSL, I Usually get around 400KBps in download speed. I wish I could get cable or even FIOS but they are both still really too expensive for me.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • At home, I get about 80 KBps (640 Kbps) down and 30 KBps (240 Kbps) up. Horrible.

On campus, I get 1MBps down and about the same for up. Very nice. :D

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    I'm on ADSL2+ Annex M and I live...right next to the exchange. So my down-stream sync-speed is ~22Mbit and my up-stream sync-speed is ~2.5Mbit. Real world speed? Well I've pipped 2MB/s on usenet, which is pretty cute :D

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2024
    For downloads It can be anywhere between 200kb/s-700kb/s depending on the source, I've only ever maxed out to about 50kb/s uploading though. :/

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2009
    my download is: 1.82 mbs upload: 2.23 something around those, haven't checked in quite a while.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2011
    My ADSL line is 7 Mbps. I'm fine with it, I just wish I had a better upload speed.

Internet Speed

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    2MB/s download
    1MB/s upload
    54MB/s between computer and router.

As for region: British Isles.

Last edited:

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • Internet Speed

I'm on a 10 MB connection. That result seems about right as I'm never bang on 10Mbs and 1 upload (plus I'm on wifi and I'm in an attic converted room lol).
    I might be getting 20mb in 2 months when the contract for this one expires- I'm still not sure.

Years
  • It matters. With my computer It can go really fast and then slows down thanks to the router. Damn Belkin!

Another sufferer of Belkin. ^.^

I'm not too sure what my internet's speed is, but all I do know is it's 'high speed' wireless. I use a Belkin USB to pick up the connection, obviously it drops out (it doesn't help that I have a low signal in my room) but I don't believe it's as fast as it claims to be. XD

But when I used to use a Belkin splitter to make our internet wireless so I could use it, it dropped out every few seconds (some things weren't affected, like MMORPGs) but MSN and downloads just stopped. It was incredibly slow. This was annoying because I couldn't contact my friends and the sites I wanted to download for some apparent reason had blocked download pause and resume. =/

Back