• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greenlit: Interviews with YOU

Years
  • Hello.
    I would like to post articles about interviewing Pokémon fans, about their successes, their fan made content, ...
    Could I write these articles as the character I created ? A jolly and friendly Gardevoir working for the press.
    Here is an In Character interview of Fairy in fan fiction format, as example.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=474280

Now, for articles, I would keep it in press format. Like, if my character interviewed the real Fairy, without "* *" sentences, etc...
    What do you think ?

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Hello.
    I would like to post articles about interviewing Pokémon fans, about their successes, their fan made content, ...
    Could I write these articles as the character I created ? A jolly and friendly Gardevoir working for the press.
    Here is an In Character interview of Fairy in fan fiction format, as example.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=474280

Now, for articles, I would keep it in press format. Like, if my character interviewed the real Fairy, without "* *" sentences, etc...
    What do you think ?
    Interviews are certainly something we've done in the past, and I think it'd be good to do more of them, especially with highlighting fanworks shared here!

This seems like an article series pitch, so we'd probably have to consider that as a whole first. Some initial questions:

- would they all involve art like in the example you gave with Fairy?
    - is the one with Fairy one you want to port to Daily?
    - would the interviews be with personas (like Fairy's Sylveon character), or the person themselves (which would lend to a more serious interview about their work, etc), or a mixture?
    - what would a title be for the article series?
    --- what if someone else wanted to do an interview as well later on and have it on Daily? Would you be okay with that/how would that fit in the article series title?

I'm unsure about using different coloured text in articles, at least for a) readability and b) consistency with existing articles as well.

Years
  • Interviews are certainly something we've done in the past, and I think it'd be good to do more of them, especially with highlighting fanworks shared here!

This seems like an article series pitch, so we'd probably have to consider that as a whole first. Some initial questions:

- would they all involve art like in the example you gave with Fairy?
    - is the one with Fairy one you want to port to Daily?
    - would the interviews be with personas (like Fairy's Sylveon character), or the person themselves (which would lend to a more serious interview about their work, etc), or a mixture?
    - what would a title be for the article series?
    --- what if someone else wanted to do an interview as well later on and have it on Daily? Would you be okay with that/how would that fit in the article series title?

I'm unsure about using different coloured text in articles, at least for a) readability and b) consistency with existing articles as well.

- Not necessarily, but they could, if the other person wants to.

- I could adapt the one with Fairy's character, remove the fan fiction style's parts, ... if it's ok to post an in-character interview on Daily. And with Fairy's approval of course.

- I think it depends of what the other person wants : If they want to do it in Pokémon's world, with their character being interviewed by mine, or if they want to be interviewed as themselves. I wouldn't mind about either. It would be a mixture : I would speak as my Gardevoir character, whether the other person would do it as their persona or not.

- I suggest "Interview with Fact Checking Gardevoir and associates".

- I would be okay! The "and associates" in the suggested title would be for others to do an interview.

- I wouldn't use colors. The colors in the fan fiction were just in the story's context.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • - Not necessarily, but they could, if the other person wants to.
    That is fine. Is this art by yourself or someone else? And I presume this takes a decent amount of time to make too, so something to keep in mind if this is opted for.

- I could adapt the one with Fairy's character, remove the fan fiction style's parts, ... if it's ok to post an in-character interview on Daily. And with Fairy's approval of course.
    Yes, this is fine. Will ping Fairy, may be good to go with an existing interview first.

- I think it depends of what the other person wants : If they want to do it in Pokémon's world, with their character being interviewed by mine, or if they want to be interviewed as themselves. I wouldn't mind about either. It would be a mixture : I would speak as my Gardevoir character, whether the other person would do it as their persona or not.
    Sounds good to me. I feel we might need to indicate what sort of interview it is either in the article excerpt, or the start of the article (say a short introduction before the interview itself).

- I suggest "Interview with Fact Checking Gardevoir and associates".
    I think something like this is fine for the article series (which would be displayed with links at the top of each Daily article in each series). For individual article titles this might be a bit long-winded, as you'd then also want to mention who is being interviewed... Maybe a more boring "Interview with ___", or "FCG Interview: ___" would be more accessible to the average reader. May need more brainstorming!

- I would be okay! The "and associates" in the suggested title would be for others to do an interview.
    Ayup

- I wouldn't use colors. The colors in the fan fiction were just in the story's context.
    Okay
    Replies in bold in the quote!

Years
  • That is fine. Is this art by yourself or someone else? And I presume this takes a decent amount of time to make too, so something to keep in mind if this is opted for.
    Fairy made her arts for her character's interview. I am not good at drawing, so it would be up for the other person to decide if they want to draw.

Yes, this is fine. Will ping Fairy, may be good to go with an existing interview first.
    I would sure love to post an edited interview of Fairy the Sylveon for Daily!

Sounds good to me. I feel we might need to indicate what sort of interview it is either in the article excerpt, or the start of the article (say a short introduction before the interview itself).
    I think something like this is fine for the article series (which would be displayed with links at the top of each Daily article in each series). For individual article titles this might be a bit long-winded, as you'd then also want to mention who is being interviewed... Maybe a more boring "Interview with ___", or "FCG Interview: ___" would be more accessible to the average reader. May need more brainstorming!
    After pondering, I suggest for main title : "F.C. Gardevoir and Associates Interview!"
    The title of the interview post could be something like, "Interview with [Username] the [Pokémon's name]" for example, to indicate this is in Pokémon's world ; or just " - with [Username]" for the real person.

Years
  • Ok, Fairy gave me her approval.
    Here's the current draft :
    Series' title : Interview with YOU
    --

Interview with Fairy the Sylveon
    Fact Checking Gardevoir interviews Fairy about her origins and her job!

G: Hello everyone! Fact Checking Gardevoir here, on a trip in Kalos' region! Today, we are at the quaint Laverre City.
    Did you know this big and ancient tree, right there, is rumored to be one thousand and five hundreds of years old ? Laverre City was founded around it, and it's so large that people even built an entire gym in its venerable trunk!
    Now, I still haven't told you what special occasion we have come there for. Well, it is for an interview... with Kalos' favourite Sylveon, Fairy!

ADt7M4Z.png

F : "Hello, everyone!"
    G : So, Fairy, our first question is, how did you get your name ? If I remember well, your eleventh birthday is in ten days and, ten years ago, there must not have been many people knowing about Fairy types, as Johto and Kalos' regions still were unaware of each other.
    F : "Oh! I chose the name Fairy for myself a long, long time ago, even before Kalos had become known to the greater world. It had always felt right to me!

JZX70Dt.png

G : Could you tell us where you come from ?
    F :"Of course! I was born in the wild forests outside Violet City, in the Johto region!"

c2OkIvf.png

F : "I have five siblings - four brothers and one sister - who would always tease me for leveling up slower. So, I spent a lot of time around the Sprout Tower! Those nice monks fed me berries, pet and groomed my tail, and taught me about the world and how much better it would be if people and Pokémon lived in harmony!
    I believe it was the affections of those monks that predestined me to evolve into a Sylveon. This is when I learned the Baby-Doll Eyes move, unlike my siblings. This move earned me more than a few sweets!"

PWvvoFm.png

"I didn't feel... very close with my family for being different."
    G : I think I know how you feel... In my own family, they had trouble understanding why I was more interested in joining a TV show than in battling. But we both had the luck of building strong friendships with people who accepted us for who we were!

JvuDg66.png

F : "Indeed! Even before I evolved, I naturally began developing my emotional awareness. I became very good at bonding with people, as well as showing compassion and empathy."
    G : I have no doubt about it. Having someone like you around can brighten anyone's day, whether in person or through Internet's forums! Which brings us to the next question.
    How did you start such a successful career ?

XLw5mwq.png

F : "I've never heard anyone refer to it as a successful career before!"
    "I set off on my own, believing in myself, and gained experience through resolving conflict around me. I travelled far and often to help as many people as possible! Then, one day, I overheard people talking about *Internet drama* and I just knew that's where I needed to be. I discovered a forum about Pokémon made by humans, for humans."

AtWGCFq.png

"I was still an Eevee at this time, but I began by helping humans to understand competitive battling. I shared my knowledge about Pokémon's Natures, Abilities, Movesets, Effort Values, and Individual Values as they are very important!"

Jogg6DE.png

"You know, the obvious stuff every Pokémon knows about."
    "I made many loving human friends and felt so welcomed and accepted. I also learned other Pokémon also visit the forums too!"
    G : I heartily approve! Pokémon are undoubtedly able to do more things just like humans!
    On that topic, can you tell us about the other Pokémon you have been working with ?

ADt7M4Z.png

F : "I'd LOVE to! There's a darling Shaymin in Sky Forme, a dear Ivysaur whom I care about very much, a Milotic who has taught me even more about compassion, an outgoing and always sunny Cherrim, the Flaaffy who is the leader of this community - and inherited it from a human -, and a fierce, powerful Dragon type with whom I formed a rivalry with!"

RaSsCsz.png

xRxpAvr.png

"Ahaha... anyway!! I could go on for quite a while listing every Pokémon I've met and worked with, but that would take a long time!"

ADt7M4Z.png

"You know who you are!!"
    "While participating in competitive battling, I also began interacting with the community through contributing art! Then, during one snowy evening in Snowbelle City, Kalos, I evolved! I was officially Fairy, in name and type. In Kalos, I learned about the Fairy type but I never had suspected myself to become one."
    G : We could say you found your destiny!
    F : "I suppose so, yes! I immediately hopped online to tell everyone about my evolution. I then received a private message asking if I was interested in moderating Art and Design. I have spent many years on Pokémon Forum, helping artists improve their skills and sharing art of my own. I welcome everyone who opens themselves to me through art, and they can feel the sincerity in my words. I also used my newly developed instincts to stop plagiarizers and thieves."
    G : I see your abilities as a Sylveon, to erase enmity and resolve conflicts, has been put to good use!

ADt7M4Z.png

F : "Later, I began moderating Meet and Greet, as I felt uniquely equipped to help new members. I welcome everyone without judgement. I wanted to contribute in spreading a warm and inviting aura across the boards. I get involved in a little bit of everything! I strive to put the others' feelings before mine. I resolve in staff and out of staff conflicts by listening to all sides, by urging productive communication, and by spreading waves of pacifism."

G : This forum sure is lucky to have you!
    F : "Thank you. I recently was promoted again to Moderator Lead! My job is now more than just taking care of the areas I moderate :
    I have since found love for making clubs, moderating The Club House. I also began collecting Sylveon trading cards, and moderates Pokémon Trading Card Game. I have participated in coding projects for the forum, as I have become a part of the PC Development Team. Lastly, I have helped assembling a forum-wide game about raising Pokémon for people to play. As such, I moderate Virtual Pokémon Pets. But I am also tasked with "taking care" of the mods! Keeping harmony and conflict resolution come easily because the staff are wonderful humans already! I supply enthusiasm and confidence to those mods who need it. I lend compassion and understanding to those experiencing difficulties. They say I am the voice of empathy."
    G : I have no doubt you are fully deserving of their praise!

XLw5mwq.png

F : "Goodness, thank you!"
    G : And what of your situation now ?
    F : "I have settled here in Laverre City, living an enriching life both online and off. I do surprise myself everyday by overcoming a fear or doing something new. I am happy with my life partner, and I work on being the change that I want to see in the world."
    G : A truly inspiring Sylveon we have here! Devoted to spread happiness and joy to people around her as well as before a screen! Let's wish her luck and success for the rest of her bright career. Fairy, we thank you deeply for agreeing to offer us this interview. This was a delight!

c2OkIvf.png

F : "Cheers to that!"
    G : Cheers!
    I never tried coffee before... I only had eyes for Berry Juices, but it would be a crime not to try Kalos' coffee while I am there!

F : "Do you like it ?"

GJlf3oy.png

G : ... OH MY GOSH! THIS IS DIVINE! COFFEE IS THE BEST THING ARCEUS EVER CREATED!
    WHERE IS THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE!? WHEREVER THERE IS COFFEE!!!

xRxpAvr.png

F : "... Let's take a short break."

G : Sorry everyone for this... outburst. I didn't expect this fine drink to trigger such a reaction in me... Thank you again, Fairy, for your time...
    F : "I wanted you to have this gift as thanks for coming here and giving me an interview."
    G : How kind of you... Thank you very much, Fairy! I will make sure to give you something big for your incoming birthday!

JZX70Dt.png

G : And that's it for today, everyone! If you are in Kalos, or in front of your screen, in need of help, you now know where to find it! See you later, for our next interview! Stay tuned!

*Arts by Fairy.

Last edited:
    Years
  • if i may add if this does become a series i would rather it be "interview with ______" especially on the premise that other individuals host the interviews, and in the excerpt perhaps there could be a place to credit you for originating the series' idea

this is great and fun! +1

Years
  • if i may add if this does become a series i would rather it be "interview with ______" especially on the premise that other individuals host the interviews, and in the excerpt perhaps there could be a place to credit you for originating the series' idea

this is great and fun! +1

I agree with this!
    Though, if I may suggest an alternative for the series' title, how about "Interview with YOU", the "YOU" meaning each person / character who will be interviewed ?
    The article's title could be "Interview with [Person / Character], and the excerpt could be like : "[Interviewer] interviews [Person / Character ] about [stuff].
    I would love to start this series and see who'd be interested in joining to interview or be interviewed!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Well this Sylveon knows there's a very handsome Snivy who probably wouldn't mind being interviewed, hehe! ∠( ᐛ 」∠)_

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • For now, +1 to the article series and the first article pitch, which makes it approved. For the article draft, it might be best to get the formal proofing done once it is on wordpress. So: please PM me your desired username and an email address for PC Daily's site, so I can make an account for you and you can port the article over. (We can also help with that too). Then we can see how it looks on Daily itself ahead of publishing.

Any thoughts on image header? (Can reuse one of the existing images for that at worst, or stick one on a background. Could see about something custom made but that will take time.)

Also fine with this!
    Though, if I may suggest an alternative for the series' title, how about "Interview with YOU", the "YOU" meaning each person / character who will be interviewed ?
    The article's title could be "Interview with [Person / Character], and the excerpt could be like : "[Interviewer] interviews [Person / Character ] about [stuff].

Years
  • Draft posted on Pokécommunity Daily!
    Now, to wait for the image header. Fairy, take all the time you need!

Edit : I am not sure about which Category this should be in. Is "Around Pokécommunity" the right one ?

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Draft posted on Pokécommunity Daily!
    Now, to wait for the image header. Fairy, take all the time you need!

Edit : I am not sure about which Category this should be in. Is "Around Pokécommunity" the right one ?
    Yeah, that category is the best fit. I'll ping Daily about it in the meantime for proofing!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Thanks! I will use this for the next interviews.
    I just saw your preview, and I say yes!

Edit: Can I publish it ?
    Not yet, sorry - proofing still needs to happen, and one thing I need to do is uploading all the Sylveon images to Daily itself and inserting from the 'Daily image library'. That way there's little risk of the images going down (if Daily goes down, well, nobody can see the article anyway!)

I'll do my part on proofing tomorrow - been a long work week so it'll have to wait a day I'm afraid.

Years
  • Not yet, sorry - proofing still needs to happen, and one thing I need to do is uploading all the Sylveon images to Daily itself and inserting from the 'Daily image library'. That way there's little risk of the images going down (if Daily goes down, well, nobody can see the article anyway!)

I'll do my part on proofing tomorrow - been a long work week so it'll have to wait a day I'm afraid.

No worry, take all the time you need!

Years
  • No worry, take all the time you need!

Hiya, second proofreader here! Just been through the interview and noted the following changes that need to be made:

Spoiler:

Back