• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Intro Thread #28452

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2009
    Introduction time, I suppose.

Keeping it short and- well, whether it's sweet or not is up to your viewpoint, amirite? I mainly joined this because I'm a) an aspiring writer who is currently working on a novel-length "trainer fic" and b) an old-school fan of the Pokemon games. One odd fact is that I haven't played any third-or-fourth generation games, I don't even own a DS. Adding to that, I haven't played a first/second generation game in months, because the hardware/Gameboy is starting to fizz out, which apparently happens a lot. I occasionally watch the anime for the lulz, but I wouldn't say I'm a fan of it; similarly, I watch CSI: Miami on-and-off for the lulz (that lead actor's suckitude is reason enough to watch), and I'm not a fan of that either.

Wow, I need to write "How to Go Very Off-Topic: A Guide."

Wizzat note, I'm off. Hope I stick around this board for a while.

*waits patiently for thousands of "read the rules" posts.* To save y'all some time, I already have. They aren't exactly on the same note as a Stephen King book (unless we're talking about Rose Madder), but I can see myself re-reading them.

Last edited by a moderator:

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    *Puts on dark shades* Looks like we have a new member[/caine'svoice] *takes off shades*

Ha ha, no kidding, they swarm telling to read the rules here. XD It's actually not bad for an introduction thread... One of the few people to put some detail into their post. Hope you stick around too. ;D Looking forward to this "trainer fic" as well, always a fan of good literature. Well... Welcome to PokéCommunity, Barkovitch.

EDIT: I'm unsure why you made two threads... So... *merged* If you want me to change the title, just ask me in a private message.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2009
    Sorry about the double-threads, my computer's been wonky today. Kept getting an error message, so I might have accidentally clicked 'Post Reply' twice. My bad.

EDIT: I just checked, and the threads have different titles. Clearly, I'm just an idiot. Where's a 'ha' emoticon when you need one?

Kaiyori

Godzrilla hungry?
    Years
    W H A! Somebody Actually read da rules XD;

Well Welcome ^^, always good to see new faces, looking forward to that trainer fic.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Introduction time, I suppose.

Keeping it short and- well, whether it's sweet or not is up to your viewpoint, amirite? I mainly joined this because I'm a) an aspiring writer who is currently working on a novel-length "trainer fic" and b) an old-school fan of the Pokemon games. One odd fact is that I haven't played any third-or-fourth generation games, I don't even own a DS. Adding to that, I haven't played a first/second generation game in months, because the hardware/Gameboy is starting to fizz out, which apparently happens a lot. I occasionally watch the anime for the lulz, but I wouldn't say I'm a fan of it; similarly, I watch CSI: Miami on-and-off for the lulz (that lead actor's suckitude is reason enough to watch), and I'm not a fan of that either.

Wow, I need to write "How to Go Very Off-Topic: A Guide."

Wizzat note, I'm off. Hope I stick around this board for a while.

*waits patiently for thousands of "read the rules" posts.* To save y'all some time, I already have. They aren't exactly on the same note as a Stephen King book (unless we're talking about Rose Madder), but I can see myself re-reading them.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold up. A new member that actually reads the rules? No way.

Anyways, surprise aside, welcome to PokèCommunity. Remember to read the rules.

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    Before I welcome you, I just want to say that I can't wait for you to post your "trainer fic". Judging by your intro, it seems like you actually have some intelligence, unlike some members around here...
    *glances at BeachBoy* :3 jk, BB.

Anyway, welcome to the community! My name is, obviously, Motsuko Live, but I hate that "Live" bit, so please call me Motsuko n_n

Er, umm...
    Wow, you've really messed me up by saying not to tell you to read the rules! That's the most easy juicy part of a welcome!
    I guess I've got nothing left to say. :3

Hopefully we can be friends; it's nice to be able to have a decent conversation with an intelligent person from time to time, unlike some members around here...
    *glances at Bea-*

Oh, wait. I used that one already :/
    *facepalm*

Enjoy your stay,
    Motsuko Live

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2009
    Thanks for the welcomes, everyone! :)

I just want to say that I can't wait for you to post your "trainer fic".

Sorry, but you'll be waiting a long time, most likely. I'm ridiculously slow with this fic, for some reason- only have about thirty decent pages, and I started the beginning of April. I'd like to have about twenty chapters roughly done before posting the prologue (typically, the minimum for me, chapter-length, is 2,000 words) so it'll be a while.

EDIT: Time for el-noob question numero uno, folks. This is a fun one. Can you use quote tags in this forum? I've just been bolding, and that's working out fine, I'm just curious.

Back