• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Intro Thread!

shiny_torchic

Shiny Hunter And YouTuber!
Years
  • Hey, my name is Katie, and i resently began to be a shiny hunter. I really love all of the pokemon games. I'm quite shy.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Welcome to PC! I honestly don't bother with shiny hunting since I think it's a bit too boring for my tastes but I have a ridiculous amount of shinies in Alpha Sapphire alone without it. Anyway, there's no need to be shy around here, everyone is really nice so why don't you tell us more about yourself like what your favourite pokémon is, for example.

Hope you have a good time!

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Hi Katie, welcome to PC!

Shiny hunting can be quite fun. I enjoy shiny hunting myself, though I haven't had very much luck with it. Hopefully you've had better luck than I have e.e How's your shiny hunting been going? If you've got a collection, feel free to show it off here on the forums if you get the chance!

Hope to see you around, and if you need any help don't hesitate to ask anyone. Most people around here are quite friendly and happy to help!

Years
  • Hello to you as well, Katie! Are you doing well if I ask?

I'm not exactly a dedicated shiny hunter although I still had my fair share of unexpected shiny finds, so yeah there's that. Our Trade Corner section has a lot of dedicated shiny hunters and breeders so I bet they're happy to accept you into their family over there. There's even a shiny hunter club in Pokemon Clubs so consider that if you can.

Good luck, and not much I have to leave here since it's mostly covered. I'll be sure to catch up with you soon but for now have a great time!

pkmin3033

Welcome to PC! It's a pleasure to have you here, and I hope you enjoy your stay with us!

Have you had much success with your shiny hunting thus far? I have to admit that I don't have the patience for it, haha - I need immediate results when I grind in games, and shiny hunting can be an exercise in futility for hours in the worst case scenario. Your dedication is admirable, and I wish you luck in your endeavours! As Hikamaru indicated, the Shiny Hunter's Club in Pokemon Clubs would be a good place for you to share and discuss your exploits with others, but feel free to check out the rest of the site too! :3

If you need anything or just want someone to chat to, feel free to drop me a line anytime. I look forward to seeing you around on the forums~

shiny_torchic

Shiny Hunter And YouTuber!
    Years
  • Thanks everyone!

Laguna, my favourite pokemon is torchic, i am terrrible at pokemon battles and i am also a pokemon card collector

Sopheria, i haven't had much luck yet.

Hikamaru, thanks for telling me about the trade corner and the shiny hunter club, I'll check them out!

Meloetta, even though i haven't had any success yet, i find shiny hunting very relaxing for some reason

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Yeaaah, shiny hunting can be fun, but a bit long if you're unlucky, hehe. I only have like, a few shinies to my Black 2, which sometimes I breed shines for my friends, but yeah. Anyways, welcome to the forums dear; I do hope that you're taking a liking to our forums! And I wish you luck on your shiny hunting; we have our Trade board anytime that you wanna trade for shines with other people! There's that, as well as other various other parts of the forum you could check out! See you soon and have a great day. <33

Methodman

alias Meth0d
    Years
  • Wassup! Welcome to Pokecommunity.com! ^^My name is tino and I want to greet you from germany.Have fun with the tons of threads, crazy people and visit the battle-server. Where you can create your own dream-team!Have a nice day.

Years
  • Hello! Welcome to the community! I'm HollyYoshi, a longtime Pokemon fan. I myself don't bother with shiny hunting, but I did get a shiny Charmander in my FireRed nuzlocke run. That was amazing. What kinds of shinies have you found?

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2015
    Hi I am a new member my self I have always been interested in shiny hunting I'm thinking of joining the club :)

Back