• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Intuitions new site

Intuition

Overwhelming boredom
    Years
    Hello all, I've started a project a few days ago, basicly to improve my html/css skills. I basicly wrote it all in Notepad and just did a few adjustments in Dreamweaver. Anyways, I would like you guys to comment it and give some tips. Like it doesn't show up good in IE, but it does look good in Firefox.

It's a fansite about all Donkey Kong related games, since I like them alot and there aren't many sites about them. But it's not content I'm consirned about (since I know it's nowhere near finished), it's the layout and the codes.

Please keep in mind that this is my first website in html/css. So give tips and comments bearing this in mind.

Kind regards,

Joey (a.k.a Mewther/Intuition)

Link: https://www12.asphost4free.com/dkplanet/

Tsugaru

Twilight
    Years
    The layout could use a lot of work,And the banner should be centered or at least made bigger,And the red links are ugly><..I would use more of a lighter brown for them so it blends in more

Otherwise just fix that up a bit and it will be great! Keep it up and I know it will be a hit!

Intuition

Overwhelming boredom
    Years
    Ok, thanks for your comment ^^, My brother was saying the same thing, so I'm gonna change that right away. Any other comments, tips? Anyone? :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Some parts of the layout work...and some just don't. You need to fix the width of it, the banner going over all three columns would look much better. Copyright looks noobish.

At least you've got a fair amount of content though. Haven't really seen many DK fansites.

I'm interested to see where it goes.

Tsugaru

Twilight
    Years
    Well I must say that the layout is much much better than before,You should maybe just put a boarder around the nav bar and update box,Otherwise not bad!

Intuition

Overwhelming boredom
    Years
    Thanks for the comments :) I'll do my best to make the layout attractive, so people might visit me more often. They wouldn't visit the site without me offering any useful content though, so that's my primary priority for now.

Back