• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Inveno: The land of Discovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monochrome

[♠]♦]♣]♥]
    Years
    The Region

In the world of Pokemon there always existed seven known regions (not including the Sevii Isles) but over fifty years ago during an expedition north of the Lake of Rage a brand new region was discovered. This region became known as Invenio; the land of new discovery. The land was peculiar and featured beautiful features etched into each and every route and city. The varied landscapes served as paradises for Pokemon and people alike which lead to a union much closer than the new explorers of this region could even imagine.

The People

The Invenites are similar to us in many ways thanks to our common ancestry. In fact, they would be identical to the residents of all the other regions if not for one specific trait; their bond with Pokemon. Over a long period of time if an Invenite spends a lot of time near a Pokemon or a certain type of Pokemon their DNA makes subtle changes giving them several minor qualities of the Pokemon or Pokemon type, this strange quality is only sped up with the assistance of the rare stones found across the surface of the planet.

Today

Today the Invenites have adopted many parts of our culture and because of that socioty their has evolved and flourished. All over Inveno things have slowly become modernized and their culture is adapting to all the new information available to them. Very recently in Chronum Town, one of the earliest places discovered, the worlds largest research facility has just finished construction. My name is Profesor Stump and this facility is where I happen to work and also happens to be where you will soon be headed to aid me in my research.

You

The part you will play in my research will be very crucial to the future of Pokemon-human relations and research. Yours will be the occupations of an observer and an adventurer, your jobs is to aquire as much information as possible on the Invenites, their culture, and its relations with Pokemon. As a community my colleuges and I have decided the best way you can do this is by participating in the first Inveno Leaue challenge. Luckily for you also we have recently had a couple of eggs hatch down at the facility and I'm sure any one of these Pokemon would willingly come with you on your journey.

Rules:

1. No 'godmodding' or 'bunnying'.
    2 No Legendaries showing up unless I say so
    3. As RP Master, I may kick you or give you warnings should I ever see fit and I can change the rules.
    4. Swearing is no big deal, but please... use some descretion here...
    5. Shinies= Epic Post... That is all
    6. Ramance and violence are permitted just once again dont push your luck
    7. When you capture a pokemon, trail off when the pokeball hits the pokemon and I will tell you if you have captured it or not. Also, a pokemon may have an egg move through leveling or capture, but that's up to me. Also with items... I decide when and what items you get.
    8. This will be in chapter format and I will accept no less than a couple of paragraphs per post and I will require you toupdate at least twice a week unless you vm me ahead of time.
    9. Your sign up must include the password: Purple Bowl.
    10. Have fun!

Sign-ups:

Name: Who are you?
    Personality: What is your character like? 2-3 Para
    Appearance: What does your character look like? 2-3 Para
    History: Tell me your characters backround story.. Tell as much as possible. 3-4 Para
    Preffered Starter: Explaination below, Id like the Species, Nature, Gender, and whether or not its shiny.

*Reservations will only be held for 24 hours, and in order to make a reservation without at least 60% of the SU then I will need a RP Sample

**Your character must be from a different region, and connot be in anyway whatsoever even part Invenite.. at all.

***ONLY 7 SPOTS, THAT'S IT

Pokemon:

7 Available Wildcards.

*Must be first form OR Baby Pokemon.
    **No Riolu, Eevee, or Pokemon that Don't evolve at least once.

***Make the request for your Pokemon but remember I wil always have the right to decline that Pokemon, I will VM you if i decline the Pokemon and we will talk out why I denied it.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    Name: Christopher Lark

Personality: Christopher, or Chris as he is prefers to be known, is generally a very solitary and pensive person, preferring to spend time on his own than with other people. Don't be mistaken, though - he is well-liked by those who do occasionally talk to him and can be quick-witted and charismatic if he wants to. Most of the time, he just doesn't want to.

As well as this, Chris is honest to a fault. He holds a strong hatred for lying and avoids it wherever possible, regardless of the cost to others feelings. Though this trait serves to alienate him from some, it has mostly marked him out for positive reasons.
    When it comes to the opposite gender, Chris is quite possibly the most socially awkward teenager on the planet...or at least, he thinks so. Despite his normal open yet introverted attitude, Chris is useless at talking to girls, his best chat-up line ever being "What's your name?"
    Overall, he is quiet but intelligent, brutally honest and becomes a nervous wreck around females.

Appearance: Chris is a little above average height at about six foot. He is also quite slim, but has enough meat on his bones to escape being scrawny. Lanky is probably a more accurate description.

His face is very sharp, with a pointed nose and chin and hard pale blue eyes. His hair, meanwhile, is quite long and a dark brown, hanging over his face in a way that some might think of as looking cool, and some might think of as looking ridiculous.

Most of the time, Chris wears some black jeans, plain white sneakers, a standard white t-shirt and an un-branded blue jacket over the top. His clothes are mostly unbranded, mainly because he thinks that logos on clothes look silly, rather than because he hates child labour or anything odd like that. For cold weather, Chris also has a long black overcoat and a pair of faintly blue leather gloves.
    Finally, he carries a simple grey rucksack which is normally seen hanging from one shoulder. It has his initial stitched onto the back in large pale blue letters.

History: Chris surprised both of his parents when he first volunteered to be one of the trainers travelling to Invenio. Having lived all his life in Goldenrod City, he had never set foot in another major city, let alone another region. He had never been in any trouble at school and didn't have any enemies, so why he wanted to leave was somewhat of a mystery. In fact, he wanted to for the simplest reason - Chris was beginning to get bored of living in one city and wanted to see what the world had to offer.

That's not to say that he doesn't have something of a hidden agenda, however. Chris's parents both worked their entire lives in a Pokemon research lab. Interesting and important work, but not highly paid. Thanks to a hefty dose of guilt, Chris has resolved to win the prize money at the league to try and give something back. What form that something will take, he hasn't figured out yet. Plus, he's a teenage boy and there's the prospect of going on an exciting adventure and possibly becoming rich and famous. Why wouldn't he be interested?

Chris also has a brother, Fabian, who is three years younger than him...or at least, he used to. Due to complications when Chris's mother was pregnant with him, she was unable to have any more children naturally and his brother was adopted. When he became a teenager, Mr. and Mrs. Lark had decided that he was old enough to know the truth. He wasn't. Fabian had seemed to take it well, but ran away that night and was ultimately never found. Though the police force have him listed as "Missing, presumed dead", his family is sure that he is alive...somewhere. Christopher has been hoping that the more of the world he searches, the better his chances of finding Fabian.

Preferred Starter: damn you I wanted Farfetch'd Cacnea, Male, Quirky

PINK BOWL

Last edited:

Monochrome

[♠]♦]♣]♥]
    Years
    I Laugh at Your Misfortune!: You are Accepted! Though I think you made a mistake during the whole character history, you said his name was Sam once. OH AND U FORGOT THE PASSWORD!

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
    I guess I'll try and take a reservation... just let me go and grab an RP sample... I would make an SU now, but when I found out about this RP it was 10:44 at night >.<

EDIT: Here's my sample from Goodies old RP... Sorry, I haven't RPed in a while, but I'll be fine ;)

Lucy kept walking further into the cave. She was now on the lower floors of it. Her footsteps echoed through out.

Suddenly something sharp screeched out of the cave. "Missssss!" were the words coming from someone behind her. It was the saleswoman of whom Lucy had bought that piece of candy from. The woman was running at incredible speeds to catch up with her.

"Miss, there was a mistake when I gave you that box! Here this what you should've gotten!" the saleswoman yelled at Lucy while handing her a box of assorted junk.

Lucy switched the box with woman and began walking away with what she thought were Slowpoketails. From behind her the saleswoman opened the box and searched everywhere with in it. She gasped and ran up to Lucy.

"Miiisss! Where's that piece of candy!" she hissed at Lucy.

"Wormadam ate it..." Lucy sighed.

"WHAT! You wretched little... little... WITCH!" the saleswoman spat at Lucy as she released a pokemon on top of Lucy's face. What ever it was it slapped sand directly into her eyes and tackled her to the ground. Before hitting the ground Lucy slipped out a pokeball from her bag and released it. The saleswoman began attacking Lucy once more, but it was blasted into the wall by a sphere of ice.

"Good Spheal! Now hit it with your Water Gun!" Lucy shouted after recognizing the attack. The pokemon shot a squirt of water at the shadow of the pokemon.

"Eevee! Use the wall as a spring-board and dodge it!" the furious saleswoman shouted. The pokemon cracked the ice at its foot and jumped from the cave wall avoiding the water gun and approaching its opponent.

"Follow it up with Tailwhip!" its owner shouted. The Eevee flipped sending the only wet part of its body towards the Spheal and slapping it. The Spheal cried out as the wet tail stung it.

"I see! You used my Water Gun to dampen its tail so that it would damage my Spheal. Heh, clever tactic, but... Spheal use Powder Snow!" Lucy's voice echoed out.

"Oh, no! Eevee get out of there!" the saleswoman shouted in response, but it was too late and the Eevee's tail froze it in place.

"Now blast it with Ice Ball!" Lucy shouted. The Spheal launched a ball of ice at the Eevee and hit it directly. The Eevee was blasted and sent tumbling further in.

"Once more!" Lucy shouted and the Spheal shot an even bigger ice rock at the Eevee sending it further in the cave. The cave suddenly went silent as Lucy waited for it to attack.

"Heh, it looks like I win" she muttered after the pause. The Eevee, however, had not given up and indeed came charging in for a tackle.

"I thought so! Spheal aim your Water Gun at Eevee!" Lucy shouted at her pokemon. The Spheal ejected the burst of water towards the Eevee, but it still came straight forward into the blast. Moments before impact a shadow jumped from behind it and rammed right into the spout. Electricity went surging through out the pillar. It climbed all the way back to the source and it was still connected to Spheal. Spheal let out yelp as the electricty struck hard and then tumbled back when hit by the Eevee.

"Heh! You should be glad I was here too Roxy!" a man's voice hollered from the direction that Eevee had landed.

This battle had now errupted into something that Lucy now had a dissadvantage over. She tumbled over quietly over the Spheal and sprayed it with potion to revitalize it while the two reaquainted with each other.

"You heard that little girl! Your in trouble now" the woman snickered at Lucy.

This battle was only just beginning.

Last edited:

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
    Years
    I'd like to reserve a spot.
    Its 11:00pm here. Sadly I have school in the morning =.=
    but I can work on my SU during Tech and some of first period!

Monochrome

[♠]♦]♣]♥]
    Years
    Alright
    @Frozen Snowman: I have seen some of your other work before this as well, you bare reserved.
    @ ShadowYashi: I've seen a lot of your work to so you get a nice little reservation too!

Try to have those set up within two days you guys

King!

better
    Years
    I'd like to reserve a spot, it'll be up tonight! Um....I'll PM you the sample. Thanks! ^^

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
    Years
    Name: Kaitlyn Manson
    Personality: Kai is about as boyish as they come, she's loud and brash, she likes to fight and wrestle her brothers, though she has yet to actually beat one of them. Kai likes to just have fun and be "one of the guys" she likes to battle and loves strong Pokémon and claims she hates anything remotely cute and girly, but that's nothing but a front she puts on for her brothers, because she secretly adores fluffy things. Kaitlyn acts too much like a boy, so much so in fact, that even her mom thinks she would've been better off if Kaitlyn was a boy, because she doesn't like wearing girly clothes and is about as flat as a washboard she is often mistaken for an effeminate male... or a cross dresser.

She can't find herself a significant other even in her life depended on it and she often gets embarrassed when other guys ask her why she's not girly... this doesn't make her feel any better when a guy she crushes on rejects her because she looks more like a guy than a girl... then her brothers beat him to a pulp, that also doesn't help. Kai is very self conscious about herself and her body when it comes to dressing up like a girl, which is why she's always wearing baggy clothes. She hates when her brothers joke around and make fun of her lack of bust, especially at her age, they give her all type of nicknames that irritate her to no end and its also caused her to hate/envy woman with large busts sizes.

Appearance
    : Kaitlyn stands about 5'6 and has almost light peach colored skin, she's slim and lanky, but has muscle even though she looks about as thin as a twig she has chestnut brown hair, styled a short messy and slightly choppy boyish cut with bangs that hang in her face and always seems to cover her eyes, no matter how much she brushes them away, her eyes are large and green. She is often seen wearing a white tee-shirt with a abstract starburst type pattern on the chest in vibrant neon like colors and a black shirt underneath with tan cargo pants and black and white sneakers, with a black messenger bag, with a skull on the flap that rests against her hip. For accessories, she's seen with several silver bracelets on her right wrist, a black choker with a silver red-eyed skull around her neck and a pair of Silver-Chrome skull headphones that hang loosely on her neck as well, which are mostly there for decoration purposes but it also helps for blocking out sounds and she thinks their cute.

History
    : She's the youngest of 6, and prefers to be called Kai. Kai is the baby of the family, but due to the fact that she has five older brothers, has turned her into a rough and tough tomboy with a I-can-do-anything-by-myself-attitude. Kaitlyn and the rest of her family live in Hoenn, in Mauville City, they used to live in Lilycove, but her parents decided to move, because 1, houses in Lilycove City aren't cheap and 2, a tinier house would be better, something nice and cozy rather than large and spacious, plus aside from Kaitlyn, the others are never home, their all off doing their own things and only come to visit for holidays and special occasions.

Kaitlyn envies her brothers because their all off doing things, having adventures, finding love and all that other cliché stuff. Kaitlyn thinks its about time she had her own adventure and her own fun, and that she got a chance to travel with her own Pokémon for a change, so she did a little research and asked around town, finding information about Inveno, she was psyched to go.

When her parents heard Kaitlyn announce that she was going to head off to Inveno, they were a bit worried at first, not wanting their baby girl to go off on her own, due to the fact that she was the only one they had left, since all her brothers ran off and hardly ever call anymore, but after a few persuasive arguments, from her and a bit of help from her brothers, she managed to convince them to let her leave she was finally allowed to go.

Preferred Starter:
    Shiny Trapinch; Male, Calm (Torque)

Purple Bowl!!

Last edited:

Monochrome

[♠]♦]♣]♥]
    Years
    Please Read the rules on reservations everyone! I'll befriendly and let all thiose asking for reservations have them but please read them.

ShadowYashi: You are definatly accepted good buddy! Although you like I laigh at Your Misfortune! Forgot the all powerful password!

HERES THE STANDING
    ACCEPTED: ILAYM! <Because I'm too lazy, and Yashi

Reserved until tommorow, five others who I'm too lazy to write.

ONE SPOT COMPLETELY AVAILABLE

Years
    ONE SPOT COMPLETELY AVAILABLE

Name:
    Azul Kylar
    Personality:
    Cocky and arrogant, his pride often gets the better of him. He refuses to swallow his pride and apologize to someone, they have to apologize to him.
    Azul is a little lighthearted, and carefree. He likes to relax every once and while and maybe eat a light meal. He doesn't get all that hungry, and really only needs two meals a day; the portions don't have to be that large either. He is a complete vegetarian, and only eats veggies, and other non-meat/dairy products. Always he tries to do his best, often giving 110%, doing better than his best; he pushes himself, and the extra effort pays off. On the other side he is quite rash and headstrong. Although intelligent, he acts on impulse a lot, and thus, he really doesn't hang with a lot of people. Traveling with others tend to ruffle his style and give him trouble for being him. Yeah, he is a major showoff and will take any chance he can to flaunt his skills.

Deflate his ego and he'll be nasty. The grudges he holds tend to escalate fast, and get a bit out of proportion. He may seem outwardly friendly, but on the inside he is plotting your demise. The talents and skills he possess make him quiet the the hater. A bond is harder to form with him than it is too bake a cake with no oven, no mixer, no spoon-- you get the point. He doesn't have very many people close to him, but find the right topic and the right words, and you might just crack the surface. He doesn't believe in a destiny of sorts, and believes that life is what you make it.

Appearance: Azul is considered to be quiet the charming young man. His hair is a fauxhawk style with spikes that go down in the front;(something like Cloud Strife's, but less poofy, and a little shorter) it is a jet black with dark blue and dark red running through the spikes. Like his father, he is quite tall, in fact, his total height is six feet and three point eight inches. Quick and nimble, he doesn't really weigh that much, a measly one-hundred and six pounds. Most of that is from his muscle anyway, no he is not a bulging sack of muscle, he just can hold his own when it comes down to it. His complexion is a light tan, he doesn't tan that fast, but he doesn't burn either. A well-toned body only adds to his extravagant body, all the sports he plays are good for his body. He wears slight make-up everyday.

Azul likes close that are tight and not too breezy. His wardrobe is usually pretty complex though. His pants are a pair of tight skinny jeans, everyday a different color, black, gray, red, green, purple, pretty much every color of the rainbow, plus many not in the rainbow. He wears a white studded belt and the stud are colored all different colors. His t-shirt also differs for each pair of pants, with his black or gray pants, he will wears a light blue shirt. His black and gray plants are the ones that he wears the most. His shoes are a pair of black tennis shoes with blue on them, in the toe, and on the sides. The sole is a dark black.

As for accessories, he accessorizes a bit much for what most people would consider normal for a male. His left ear is pierced with a small diamond earring that glistens oh so bright. On his neck, a silver neck chain with two dog tags. On his wrists he wears an assortment of bracelets, a few metallic ones, most of them, however are rubber. (Like the ones that say "TRUTH", "LOVE" and what not.) They are in various colors, shades and hues.

History: Azul was born to two very erratic parents, hence his name Azul when he is completely of European origins. Many, many different types that he doesn't even know about. His birth region is unknown to him, but he was raised in the Hoenn region, more specifically Fallarboar Town. Living next to a volcano made it quite the hot spot, so that is why he wears no jackets or sweaters. The ashes there made his lungs as strong as iron, he can breathe to a lot of things due to the exposure at his hometown. Every time he asks of his birthplace, his parents have something to go run off and do. He wonders why they keep it a big secret, and is determined to one day figure out why. Team Magma was quite the troublesome group, they practically owned the town. They did as the pleased and ruffed up whoever they wanted for whatever they wanted

Both of his parents thought that it was too dangerous for a young boy in the Hoenn region, the various teams could snatch him at any moment. So, they sent him off to the Inveno Region to live with their good friend Scott Russel. They sent him there in hopes that he would one day start a journey, as Scott knew some people. Adapting to the region wasn't that tough. Scott didn't think he was fit to go on a journey, and put him through much rigorous training, the playing of sports and what not. Azul played in a few championship placing in the top three of all of them. His favorite sport being Tennis, closely followed behind by Baseball.

After a couple years of this, he was deemed ready to go on the journey by Scott. So, Scott handed him a poke ball and sent him off to go catch one. The boy struggled searching for one, but in the end managed to catch one that was rather weak, a Seedot to be precise. The Seedot seemed to be distressed about leaving, and Azul wants to find out why it was.

Preferred Starter: The purplebowl pokemon,
    Seedot(Male)
    Enkei
    Lonely
    (No Shiny-ness)

Last edited:

Monochrome

[♠]♦]♣]♥]
    Years
    Good Job You are now ACCEPTED! ... Buit like everyone else u forgot the pass XD

The four of you who still have yet to put in your SUs have until midnight tonight Eastern Time

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back