• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

iPod Classic or Sony PSP?

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2011
    Hi, I'm thinking of buying a iPod Classic with 80GB or a Sony PSP. The problem is I can't really choose. I'd like to see movies on one of these things so there comes my next question:

There are many memorysticks for the PSP, but I'd like to have one with a lot of space. Which is the biggest and how many GB's can it contain?

Some things the on has and the other not:
    PSP has:
    • Playing game function
    • Big screen
    • Has a lot of other function, like putting windows on it etc.

iPod has:
    • It's small, it fits in your pocket
    • A good menu, which is easy to use
    • Has a lot of space (I'm sure, not with PSP)

And what they both have:
    • You can play movies on it
    • You can play music on it

Which one would you advice me and why?

Greets,
    Bluejie

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    1. Windows on PSP isn't actually windows, it's just a GUI that looks like windows.
    2. PSP sucks for memory.
    3. PSP sound quality, to be frank is complete ****. It's not made to through headphones and as a result sounds ****.

Just get an iPod, movies are more suited to the iPod also. Only get a PSP if you REALLY want a handheld console because otherwise they're useless.

Years
  • WTH, No the PSP is ok in sound, memory depends on card so each 4GB has enough for 1 thing big and loads of small such as music, plays awsome games with killer graphics for potable, so its good for entertainment, can buy it cheaper now, although its too large to carry and bulky, not ideal for music but if you want movies, games and music its just perfect!

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
  • The highest memery stick is 8 gigs at the moment, with a 16 gig in the works. There's also way to buy adpaters and such that will get you all the way to 64 gigs.

Just, when your PSP is hacked, you get to play GBA, GB any type of game. I don't even pay for my PSP games, I just flat out download Crisis Core and play them, it is awesome.

I'd recommend the PSP, just because of the web browser, and the games.

SerenadeDS

Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2013
    I too have a hacked PSP, which will make owning a PSP worth more to you.

But it depends on what your really looking for. I don't really like to play music off my PSP. If your looking for a music player, just get an iPod, if you want to play video games, then PSP it is.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    Honestly, PSPs aren't worth the money, IMO. The only feature that makes them worth while is that you can hack them, other then that, the sound sucks, the games suck, and the memory....sucks!

j_

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2008
    Honestly, PSPs aren't worth the money, IMO. The only feature that makes them worth while is that you can hack them, other then that, the sound sucks, the games suck, and the memory....sucks!

I agree with that completely, but I'd like to add that the two aren't really comparable.

Do you want to play games, or listen to music? Once you've decided that, you'll know which one you want to get.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2011
    Ok thank you all! I read that 8GB was the biggest memory card at the moment. I think that confinced me taking a iPod. I've a lot of movies downloaded and I travel a lot. And on the iPod I've a lot of space to put it on.

Thanks!

Back