• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ipod or cellphone?

girliehhhhhh

safhsdjklhfsdjk;
Years
  • i would say the iphone would have to be the best way to go. i have one, it has a built in ipod, text messaging, wi-fi, and thousands of apps that can keep you entertained during anytime, great recourses for information, news, and sports. i had sold my new sidekick, so i could get the iphone and i am very impressed. i would get one if you could.

mr. ck

कुछ मीठा हो जाये
    Years
  • I didn't really like iPhones... I couldn't afford one for myself, and even otherwise, I didn't like it much. (some of my friends have one)
    I'd any day prefer a Nokia smartphone or an Android or a Windows Phone.

But I'd buy an iPod if all I wanted was a music (player?)

Saitou

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2014
    I had an iPhone, the 3GS, for 2 months and it was not bad at all, to be honest. Though I do prefer Samsung phones, and I currently have an I9000 Galaxy S, and it is more than enough for me.

I probably only use the iPod for music purposes, if I had to buy one.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'd rather have an iTouch/iPhone over a standard cellphone because it has more uses than a cellphone, IMO.

Years
  • The iPhone costs a lot. Regardless of what it can do, it's a lot of money to spend on something that can easily be lost or stolen.

I still think it has to be one of the best compromises between an iPod and phone, but to be perfectly honest, aside from sound quality, a reasonable interface and good battery life are the only important things for a simple MP4 player. In that sense, any phone should function just fine as a music player, assuming the interface is not as horrible as Nokia's old S60 3rd.

Last edited:

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • I'd rather have a high-end Nokia phone or an Android-based phone. Apple is unethical and I will never buy one of their products.

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
  • I am currently running off of an iPhone 4. It is the best phone ever. Before that I was surviving on NO iPod. And a BlackBerry that was unable to make calls. And randomly restarted. Once I got the iPhone I was in heaven. An amazing new iPod. The best phone ever. Apps. HD camera. Awesome still camera. I would go for a phone and iPod in one instead of them being separate.

Haz

Haz ya seen my hack?
    Years
  • My iPhone (which I got on a plan) is the best mobile (or cell) phone that I have ever own. The only problem is the fragile screen (which I've already broken once), and the fact you NEED a case or you'll get a chipped, dented and scratched iPhone :\

Zet

Years
  • I am currently running off of an iPhone 4. It is the best phone ever. Before that I was surviving on NO iPod. And a BlackBerry that was unable to make calls. And randomly restarted. Once I got the iPhone I was in heaven. An amazing new iPod. The best phone ever. Apps. HD camera. Awesome still camera. I would go for a phone and iPod in one instead of them being separate.

Windows Phone 7 says "hello, I'm thinner and I have no antenna problems"

also

Spoiler:

I probably won't ever get an iphone. I just don't see the point in owning one if I'm going to pay ten times the price it costs to make one. I'd rather get a phone that's actually worth the money like an android or the up coming Windows Phone 7. And if I don't have the money for either one, I would just go with a nokia phone or another brand.

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
  • Windows Phone 7 says "hello, I'm thinner and I have no antenna problems"

also

Spoiler:

I probably won't ever get an iphone. I just don't see the point in owning one if I'm going to pay ten times the price it costs to make one. I'd rather get a phone that's actually worth the money like an android or the up coming Windows Phone 7. And if I don't have the money for either one, I would just go with a nokia phone or another brand.

The Antenna problem is so overreacted. I don't have it. I used my phone for a week or two with no case on it. It only happens if I put all of my force on the one spot. Even then. I still have a bar or two. So it doesn't badly affect every single unit. And from what I have read it costs Apple about $185 to Manufacture in parts. So if you are available to get an upgrade it's an amazing deal. The way I see it. $100 for a standard messaging phone. At least $150 for an iPod. If you want apps you have to pay $229 for the iPod Touch. So you save money. Of course you have to be willing to pay at least $15 a month for the data.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • The Antenna problem is so overreacted. I don't have it. I used my phone for a week or two with no case on it. It only happens if I put all of my force on the one spot. Even then. I still have a bar or two. So it doesn't badly affect every single unit. And from what I have read it costs Apple about $185 to Manufacture in parts. So if you are available to get an upgrade it's an amazing deal. The way I see it. $100 for a standard messaging phone. At least $150 for an iPod. If you want apps you have to pay $229 for the iPod Touch. So you save money. Of course you have to be willing to pay at least $15 a month for the data.

When my Sony Erricson Vivaz does all the important stuff for a fraction of the price. 8G memory, and music, mp4 and phone. I don't see the point in an Iphone when this costs much less. Apple tend to overrate their products and make them way too expensive. My friends have the Itouch, and it's not really that impresive. It gets scratched like hell, and my friends screen cracked when he dropped it on to soft carpet while sitting down. Is it really worth it? My phone has been dropped so many more times on harder surfaces and not a flaw on it still. Plus you have to pay $15 a month for the apps. Why should I? I wouldn't play them, and I can get games 10x better on the Wii or DS. I don't see the point personally.

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2010
    Good discussion here. Any article about how to save on cell phones?

Back