• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

iPod Touch Emulator?

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2009
    yes there is but you have to of jailbroken your ipod touch iphone first. Then you can download a program called GPsphone. However you can't get a nds emulator for your ipod touch

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2010
    i have a jailbroken iphone and im wondering would it work for it and if so how do i get it and get it to work

Pikachu the Speaker

Mouse Pokemon
    Years
    I have jailbreak iPod Touch 3.1.2. I purchased and installed GPsphone 6.6.5 from Cydia Store. It's commercial package.
    If you not purchased it, it will not download.

It's working rom Pokemon Emerald and other game on my iPod Touch.

Last edited:

hi fi wi fi

Retired Poke master
    Years
    You need jailbroken iphone/ipod touch and then you install a few packages from cydia to use this. Im sure you could find a really good guide on google

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
    Well, there are things you can do and things you can't. For one, you can successfully emulate GBA Roms, hacked or non-hacked. But, you cannot emulate DS Roms. That is due to the DS/lite/i have two separate processors for each screen. The iPod Touch and iPhone do not have the processing power for such emulation.

GPSPhone is the emulator you need to use for GBA Roms. You'll need to use WinSCP (a program, google it) to get the roms onto your iPod Touch/iPhone and into the ROMS folder of your device.

Cydia should be your jailbroken application of choice. Also, there are ways to get GPSPhone for free if you don't want to pay $5.

Zorbees

Billy Mays here!
    Years
    Woah,sweet i didnt know you could play on ipod etc,i wish you could play ds games since it is a touch screen :(

Years
    I just got my iPod Touch. Sadly I need to download iTunes at the moment. Anyways, I knew that
    you could play GBA games.

I also beleive that you have to have it jailbroken according to what I have seen in jailbroken videos of the iPod Touch.

Since .Seth said that you didn't have to have it jailbroken then I think you should listen to him. I'll try it out now.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    Woah,sweet i didnt know you could play on ipod etc,i wish you could play ds games since it is a touch screen :(

The DS is nearly impossible to emulate right now due to the 2 screens and all of the buttons too, but I believe that since Zodttd is developing a N64 emulator for the Iphone and Itouch of the 3rd Gen , that it will be possible for a DS emulator to be made granted that the N64 has more power in comparison to the DS graphics wise and games wise.

It would have to be based off the DS emulator from the NO$GBA due to no DS emulators ever having been developed for the GP2X .

Back