• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

IQ in EotS

ShatteredRose

Thanks for Noticin'
Years
  • Through gameplay, I noticed what I think to be significant (well...maybe not TOO significant) difference between EotS and EotT/D. In T/D, I felt like raising a pokemon's IQ wasn't too difficult (IE. by the number of stars), as several gummis would give a half star. However, in EotS, I feel like it is much more difficult to raise a pokemon's IQ, even when using Spinda's Cafe. I have just about gained Marine Resort and my starter only has 1 1/2 stars, and I've used a significant amount of gummis. Thus, I find it much more difficult to raise IQ in EotS.

So, for those who have played both games, what is your take on the IQ matter? Is it harder to raise IQ in EotS? Easier?

Anyone have any statistics?
    (IE. How many gummis it took to reach x amount of stars, in either EotS or EotT/D)

Discuss. :)

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Insert random filler here.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I'd disagree... in EoD/EoT IQ raising was more difficult.
    Thanks to Spinda's Cafe, in EoS it's much easier. I had all 10 stars soon after I evolved into Lucario. But far before I reached level 100.

ShatteredRose

Thanks for Noticin'
    Years
  • Wow, really? For me it is much more difficult, and so far I've been raising the IQ's of Eevee, Vulpix, Anorith, Krabby, and Mareep. Hm, this is interesting indeed. Why is the going so much slower for me?

At the beginning, did you guys choose that you had or hadn't played the other PMD's?

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • For some reason I gained IQ faster in darkness and time than sky. Even though Spindas Cafe helps significantly raise your IQ of your pokemon, it doesnt really make too much of a difference.

ShatteredRose

Thanks for Noticin'
    Years
  • For some reason I gained IQ faster in darkness and time than sky. Even though Spindas Cafe helps significantly raise your IQ of your pokemon, it doesnt really make too much of a difference.

This is definitely the same thing I experienced. Ugh, I'm so going crazy trying to raise IQ.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Well no surprise there guys... ya know if you're IQ boosting more pokemon then your starter it's really harder xD
    But it might also be due to lack of Gummies, I got X-Ray Species really soon so I could pick all items in all dungeons so that might be the reason why I had so many gummies.

ShatteredRose

Thanks for Noticin'
    Years
  • So, I've been doing a little bit of testing with my Glaceon. Currently at 3 stars, I fed my Glaceon 7 clear gummis. 2 out of 7 gummis resulted in an extra increase. However, even with 7 gummis and two extra increases, Glaceon still has not gained another half star. Once I get more clear gummis, I'll keep track of any star increases. I'll also do the same sort of testing with another pokemon or two for comparison.

ShatteredRose

Thanks for Noticin'
    Years
  • A continuation of my previous post:

I fed my Glaceon two more clear gummis today. The 8th one didn't yield a half-star, but the 9th one did. The 9th gummi also had an extra increase, but the increase (I think) occurred after the gain of a half-star.

So, I've come to a possible conclusion. To gain a half-star, the pokemon must be fed 10 gummis (of their favorite kind). Every 2 extra increases amounts to one gummi. IE. If my pokemon had 4 extra increases, that would be like I gave my pokemon more 2 gummis.

I'm going to continue to test this theory with my Glaceon, as well as other pokemon, to ultimately verify the theory.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • In EoT and EoD all I reached was almost all starts (only one left) . As soon as I get PMD EoS (on Xmas) I'll confirm that Spinda Cafe Service !!

Back