• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Iron Man 3 News/Discussion

Years
  • Marvel Studios and Disney's Iron Man 3 has blasted into the stratosphere overseas, opening to $195.3 million from 42 markets to beat last year's global blockbuster The Avengers, which debuted to $185.1 million internationally.

Box office observers agree that Iron Man 3 is playing more like a sequel to last summer's The Avengers -- which featured a myriad of Marvel superheroes, including Downey's Iron Man -- than a follow-up to Iron Man 2, which posted a foreign opening of roughly $100 million in 2010.

Iron Man 3 broke a slew of records, scoring the biggest weekend ever in Argentina, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Vietnam, Taiwan, Philippines, Malaysia and Singapore. It also scored the top Marvel opening in another raft of markets.

Teaming Robert Downey Jr. with franchise newcomer, director Shane Black, Iron Man 3 opened at the international box office ahead of its May 3 North American launch, as Iron Man 2 did in 2010. Gwyneth Paltrow and Don Cheadle also are returning cast members.

Iron Man 3, which has been well reviewed so far, is playing in roughly 80 percent of the foreign marketplace, excluding major markets Russia and China (it opens in China May 1).

The tentpole broke numerous records for 113 IMAX theaters, which took in $7.2 million for a per screen average of $64,000, coming in ahead of any Marvel title, including Avengers.

What are your thoughts about the upcoming release of Iron Man 3 in the US?

Years
  • I'm going to see it this Friday and since it's already been seen around the world (why couldn't they do it everywhere at the same time?) I'm avoiding spoilers as best I can so I haven't even read the quote in your post for fear it's got something spoiler-y in it.

I'm pretty darn excited.

Back