• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Irrational Fears

Years
    I have an obsession that I will go into a severe allergic reaction when I:
    - Eat a food I haven't eaten in a while.
    - Eat any food stereotypically associated with allergies (fish, fruit, nuts, etc.)
    - Use a new detergent.
    - Take a new medicine.
    - And more!

I also have a fear of heights, parasites like ticks and lice, and the cops.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    It's not like I have a fear too extreme but I have an irrational fear of vomiting.

I don't know why; what's worse is that my gag reflex is becoming more and more sensitive that even brushing my teeth would cause my gag reflex to act up and vomit myself.

Then I'd have to sit down for a few minutes to calm myself down for a silly reason.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I have a friend that's afraid of grass. I dunno what her deal is. She just never steps in grass and screams if you walk with her over grass.

I'm scared of horses. I got bucked off of one when I was little and hit the side of my head on the jumping fence.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    1. Whenever I'm sick I always think I'm going to die. Literally every illness I have is the worst thing in the world and my days are numbered.

2. Every single night night, I become extremely paranoid and start to think people are in the house looking to either steal my valuables or murder me. I try to avoid leaving my room. Also, when I do leave my room, its usually to go to the bathroom, and I always check behind the shower curtain for murderers. The same thing goes for entering my car at night. I check the back seat for murderers as well.

3. Thunderstorms freak me out. Not to the point of fearing them, but I'm always worried during a thunderstorm that I'm going to get struck by lightning.

4. When I'm high, I have a fear of telling people I don't know I'm high. I have word vomit when I'm high and say every single thing I think of. I literally say everything. Sober, it's something I don't think is that worrisome, but when I'm high things are different. Though I'm pretty sure that people can tell I'm high anyway since I always have a case of the giggles and ask dumb as **** questions. Like I was with a friend and she wanted a bacon cheeseburger and I literally asked "Is a bacon cheeseburger a cheeseburger with bacon on it?" and I thought naming it a bacon cheeseburger was a really stupid decision.

That's all.

Outlier

lol I ain't scared of ****. These fears are hilarious tho. Keep em coming.

Thief

The Dark One
    Years
    Well, I'm not scared of heights, but I'm terrified of falling. Like, I could happily lean over the edge of a skyscraper as long as I knew 100% guaranteed that I wouldn't fall off, ever.
    I get really uneasy looking up at things that are really, really large though. Say for example, I was stood at the bottom of a skyscraper and I looked up, I'd get really light-headed and my legs would go weak and I'd get anxious. So I can't look up at things like the Eiffel Tower or Big Ben.

Actual fears though... spiders and skeletons. Spiders have always scared me, and skeletons... well, I'm sorta okay with the ones that don't move. But when you see them on TV falling out of closets, or those movies/games where they actually MOVE, those terrify me. I can't stand 'living skeletons' (see the end of that one Indiana Jones movie, where that bad guy ends up aging/rotting/dying or whatever really quickly, and you just see him turn into a skeleton- I was horrified).

There was this one time where I was watching Primeval with my grandparents, and I had a plate of biscuits and a glass of juice with me. I'd just put the glass down on the table, but held onto the plate 'cause I was still eating.
    Next thing I know, the character on-screen opens a door, a skeleton falls out and my plate of biscuits is thrown up in the air.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I fear insects and stuff living on/in my body. Like lice for instance. Or the worse case scenario, some spider or fly-thing gets in my ear and lays eggs and does all sorts of crazy stuff in there.

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    Nothing except for this extreme fear of not having my head/neck restrained and bent down (so I'm looking at the ground all the time). I freak out at the idea of never being able to stretch it out and look around. I don't know why it bothers me so much but I've legit had nightmares about it and I woke up so happy to be able to move my head.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    I have a fear of large rooms. I am okay with being outside but I find it very hard to handle large rooms. That is why my bedroom is so small it can fit a shelf, bed, desk and then there is a small amount of room for walking around in. My school has a very large hall and we do PE in it and I find it very difficult to do anything unless I keep facing the ground and not looking up. Funny though I am okay with being outside and stuff I think its just the looming walls that could crush me at any moment is what makes me get a bit frightened

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I have some problems with my agoraphobia at times. Mainly, I just don't like really busy crowds. I used to hate going to the mall but since I've got some meds now it's much more tolerable.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    Cockroaches. I just don't why. I am utterly fine with having a spider chill anywhere beside me, but when it comes to those disgusting roaches, I flip. I am not sure why, I am not sure how I got that 'fear'.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    3. Thunderstorms freak me out. Not to the point of fearing them, but I'm always worried during a thunderstorm that I'm going to get struck by lightning.

I have a similiar fear of thunderstorms, though it's more the fact I have a disparraging fear that my home or the area around it will be badly affected and I either won't have to have a place to live or will lose all my posessions/loved ones and so on.

I have a fear of heights, and I also don't like when people touch me for reasons that I don't want to explain. This makes hugging people and expression other forms of affection a major task.

Maybe you're not afraid of heights, but rather of falling? That's rational enough. Also, I don't like people touching me either, it's weird. Hugs are awkward to their core. Though, sensual/affectionate touching from an actual partner is fine with me, but just friends or strangers touching me... just can't.

Years
    I have several fears, some come and go. I used to be terrified of anything touching my wrists but I've gotten over that now. I don't like being around a lot of people at once because I get nervous and want to ball up. A fear that comes and goes is people breaking into my apartment.
    I absolutely am terrified of dead things, even dead bugs scare me more than alive ones, seeing /smelling something dead haunts me for a while. (in real life, in shows it doesn't bother me too bad as long as I don't see it die)
    I'm afraid of car crashes.
    And things that go really fast scare me, too. Like if a fan seems to be moving too fast, or when a washing machine is on the spin cycle, I guess I just feel like it's going to break or something. Of course I don't like heights or clowns or anything like that either.

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
    Years
    I wouldn't say I have an irrational fear, but my fear works in a strange way.

I'm terrified of heights.... when I'm not strapped into something. Like put me on the top floor of a skyscraper and make me look out the window I'll probably pass out or puke. Put me on a rollercoaster on top of that Skyscraper? Sounds like a blast! I love the view from the top of the Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point (427 feet in the air), but Sears Tower in Chicago? No thanks. Most people I know that are scared of heights are terrified of rollercoasters too, so I guess my fear seems strange to me.

GreyVirgo

•=ØInfinityØ=•
    Years
    Lots....

Fear of the dark
    Fear of whats under the water or the toilet bowl (That's why I can't focus on my swimming lessons on diving.)
    Fear of horror movies
    Fear of heights
    Fear of climbing stairs
    Fear of losing weight
    Fear of insects except spiders and bees.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
    Would you consider social anxiety a fear? I'm afraid of human interaction. If I know the person, I'm still nervous talking to them. You can only imagine what its like at a high school with over 2000 people in it. Sometimes I just face my fear and talk to women, ask them out (Always ends badly) sometimes.

I also have a fear of the color "Light Yellow". I hate it. It gives me headaches and makes me really scared. It is not explainable.

I'm afraid of the woods.
    I'm afraid of being stuck underneath my bed.
    I don't like going stairs. It makes me feel like I'm going to fall forward and crack my neck.
    I'm afraid of seeing peoples cuts (Or worse, huge gaping open wounds). In class we had to watch a video of someone getting fat pulled out of their artery. You could see the heart beating and muscles contracting. I almost threw up.
    I'm afraid of falling.
    I'm afraid of people with masks.
    I'm afraid of tall buildings.
    I'm afraid of being afraid. School is hell.
    I'm afraid of spider, snakes, large predatory birds, big cats, wild dogs (Hyena, etc.), any house insect.

I have a true deep terror of Praying Mantises. I think its an actual phobia. Mantisreligiosaphobia? I do think it is a phobia. I almost pass out from fear of them. I can't explain it. They just creep me out beyond all belief. They have razor sharp mandibles, and blade hands. They're big and eyes on the side of their head. Basically all species of mantises freak me out.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I'm scared of rats and mice. I had bad experiences with them when I was a young kid, and hate them now. That and bugs sneaking up on me are my greatest fears. also fried chicken

Back