• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is arceus the Most Powerful pokemon on the game?

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2024
    Is arceus the Most Powerful pokemon on the game? If arceus is not, How is he considered the god of all pokemon?

The Apprentice™

PC's Offical Gangsta
    Years
  • Yes he is powerful there's no doubt about it, the most powerful I'm not sure. I don't know every Pokemon's stat. As for Arceus he has a base stat of 120 for all stats. That's pretty strong to me. The reason I believe he's considered "God of all Pokemon" It's cause of the Pokemon Myth of Sinnoh, nothing more, but that's just my opinion. ^^

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    it has 120 base stats for everything and it also depends on what plate it is holding.

so yeah it is.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • The only real objective way of gauging a pokemon's overall strength is through its Base Stat Total, or BST. Arceus's BST of 720 is the highest of any pokemon in the game, so yes.

FYI: Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-oh, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina are all tied for second place with their 680 BST

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • With his stats and his special ability he definently is the strongest pokemon in the game. He also has some moves that makes him even more powerful like his judgement move, even though it is kind of useless in some ways.

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • Stat wise he is the strongest. But it is possible to defeat him in battle. Just use type advantage. Simple as that.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Best base stat total in the game, ability to learn almost every move, has pretty good moves without TMs or HMs, and can be 17 types(18 counting ???).
    Yeah, I'd say he takes the cake for strongest overall.

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
    Years
  • Yes he's the strongest pokemon. Unless it's level 1 battling level 100 Modest Pikachu holding a lightball with 31 IVs in HP, Sp. Atk, and Speed, EV trained to be a special sweeper.

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    Totalwise, it is the most powerful. However, there are some Pokemon that surpass it's individual stats. For example, Blissey has a base HP of 255, the highest value possible. Deoxys' normal form and attack form both surpass Arceus's speed, attack, and special attack. Marowak holding a Thick Club has the record of the highest possible attack stat without the assistance of moves or berries. Shuckle has the record for the highest defense and special defense.

You can say that Arceus is the most versatile of all Pokemon, but things like Deoxys would probably make better sweepers.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Arceus has the highest BST but it still can be defeated by other pokemon if they are used correctly. Even though it has many advantages like the ability to take different types, the ability to learn many moves, has high base points in all the stats(120), I still can't consider him the strongest. If you consider BST, then he's the strongest. But if you don't, then he's not the strongest(coz the strongest can't be defeated :P).

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • Hmm, it is strong, no doubt about it. However, it can be beaten. You just need to go for a type advantage over it, simple, right?

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
  • Well, it's just from the Sinnoh Myth that he's the god of the Pokemon, but likewise, he is pretty powerful.

No you fail

l to the o to the l
    Years
  • depends on the person using it really you could have some idiot who's never battled with one before and i would kill arcues with feebas or you could have arceus kill a whole team..but technically on paper arceus is the "best"

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2010
    It's the highest leveled wild pokemon in the game, and it's a legendary. It needs little to no training. It's not the most powerful pokemon in the game, but it's pretty close.

Zacceh

Another day in the life of...
    Years
  • It says it created all Pokémon, but let's consider this:

Arceus cannot learn every attack, unlike Mew. And while it can change into any type (excluding ???-type), that makes it have that many more weaknesses. Also, while it has the highest BST, it does NOT have the highest base stats. While they're all 120, many Pokémon out-base him. Marowak for attack, Blissey for HP, Ninjask for speed, etc. So whether Arceus is the strongest is widely debatable.

kilaa1000

Pokemon Collector
    Years
  • Arceus is the one with the higest stats, but still defeatable in 1 1vs1, attacks like Mewtwo's Me First attack should def do the trick

Back