• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Speculation is ash going to have a girl side character or not?

What do you think about if Ash (will or will not) have a girl side companion

• Total voters

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
  • as the title says does anyone think ash will have another character like a girl due to every arc having one. (example: serena, misty, dawn,etc) i'd like to hear everyone's opinion on if theirs going to be a girl character or not cause personally i love the shippings the anime does. (especially amourshipping). that's all post your opinions down below. Have a nice day. \

NOTE: also a poll for you guys to rate if he's going to have a girl character or not.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    We do have marnie for a girl rival possibility!! As for girl companion its possible they havent been revealed yet but i suppose we'll see in time. Love ash and gou but not sure how ill feel about there not being a female in the group at all.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Well, I can't see him not travelling with a girl. It's been a staple since the first series. I can't see that changing now. ....but please, can we not have a Gym Leader? I'd be happy if Gloria traveled with him instead.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    A girl rival where the focus is her being a trainer and maybe a meanie or just a skilled person, and not on her being a girl, now that would be pretty nice to see. One can dream.

Alloute

Cat Burglar
    Years
  • Of course he'll have a female friend in his group; he's not gonna travel with just one other dude for three years or however long the new saga lasts. Just because the girl hasn't been revealed yet doesn't mean that she doesn't exist.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'm beginning to wonder... I'm also one of the one's on board with a female rival this time!

I think that would be cool, however, I know the female companions do draw crowds of fans, so-!

Here's to hoping people aren't disappointed. lol

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • As for a female rival, I would like to see that, too, honestly. The only female rival Ash has ever had was Bianca in the Best Wishes anime, and that was almost ten years ago now, give or take. I'd be cool with it if Marnie was Ash's Rival.

Ash has had rivals before that were characters from the game. I mean, he usually does almost every generation, right? Excluding the second and third generation's anime seasons, anyway.

So, if he does get a girl rival, I say go for it. Marnie is right there, after all.

Years
  • he has always been travelling with a girl so I guess - yeah, he would. it would be surprising if he doesn't
    on the other hand, a female rival would be interesting

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
    Years
  • Hey if the mods can see this can you please close this thread as it's confirmed pretty much that there's a girl character now.

Kolar™

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2020
    Wasn't there a girl, who was the daughter of a professor. From the news. Maybe, she would be the girl companion. But i would like, if ash don't have a girl companion this time. I will be so bored if it did happen. My favourite squad were. Ash+ misty+brock, Ash+serena+Clint+Bionne and the SM squad.
    The first squad was the best, if u ask me.
    I am not so sure about the answer of the question asked here, but there is a slight amount of chance. That our boi, will be in a duo journey. And i just got a idea for a thread.

Edit:- I posted this post before reading the post of the person above me. Nonetheless, it is not confirmed officially. So maybe, it will be jst the duo?

Last edited:
    Back