• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Ash's Pidgeot Still Waiting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I always wonder if the reason Ash doesn't ever have a large bird Pokemon is that it would lead to too many questions as to why Ash just doesn't fly everywhere from then on, and if he did, that would be missing out on quite a lot of fillers. XD I don't think Staraptor would've been large enough to fly on.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    It's not like Pidgeotto did much either. Outside of popping Team Rocket's balloon and scouting for things such as lost Pokémon it didn't do a lot of battling.
    So aren't they important tasks? .-. I never mentioned that Pidgeotto did a lot of battling, did I?

I always wonder if the reason Ash doesn't ever have a large bird Pokemon is that it would lead to too many questions as to why Ash just doesn't fly everywhere from then on, and if he did, that would be missing out on quite a lot of fillers. XD I don't think Staraptor would've been large enough to fly on.

I wonder which are those large Pokemon.. XD; Ash would require some Pokemon like Aerodactyl.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Forget Pigeot, whatever happened to poor Primeape. ;_;
    Well I actually agree with you a little there! He actually let primeape train with that other guy, he didn't really release it like Butterfree or Pidgeot, but then again he only owned primape for like, 2 or 3 episodes?

Krizor

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    Pidgeot is most likely gone forever with no chance of return.

As we move towards new Gens and Saga's, you can expect the writers to completely leave Ash's old pokemon (especially his releases) in the dust.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    No. That's throwing a useless Pokémon a bone because it does nothing else.
    -_-;
    If it weren't for Pidgeotto, Team Rocket would have got away with Pikachu or some other stolen Pokemon on certain occasions. And I don't like the way you call a certain Pokemon 'useless'. :\

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    And that's throwing a bone for it because Pidgeotto didn't do much.
    I really don't understand why it hurts you so much if Pidgeotto is given a little importance. Everything in this world serves a purpose, what if it's only the Pokemon world. XD;

GaXeL

Feraligatr Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    Simple question deserves a simple answer. Ash could've visited Pidgeot off-screen. There's no point in showing Ash visit Pidgeot when it isn't necessary to do so. Considering Ash is a very loyal trainer who does everything for his Pokémon, it isn't likely that he forgot his promise to Pidgeot so it's best to assume that he visited Pideot off-screen.
    lol i never thought of that

tho, maybe he will see him some other episode, there probably were new producers after johto, because i dont think pioneer entertainment distributes it anymore or Viz

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    TheFuturePokemon said:
    It played apart in gym battles.

Off of the top of my head, the only non-pity badge gym battle where Pidgeotto played an important part in was against Jessie and James in Viridian.

GaXeL said:
    tho, maybe he will see him some other episode, there probably were new producers after johto, because i dont think pioneer entertainment distributes it anymore or Viz

It's mostly been the same people. Also, Pioneer and VIZ don't have a say in what happens in the animé. And yes, VIZ does still distribute the DVD's for the dub.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    I would want it back as it's still my favourite of his flying types although Kenhorou (final evolution of Mamepato) looks hellaawesome.

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2014
    Well I think around the advanced generation (IV) Spurt opening had Pidgeot in it so I think the writers didn't forget about it. Maybe one of us could actually write to one of the writers, telling them to bring Pidgeot back... That would be really nice... Even in Bulbapedia it said that it's still in Viridian Forest... and the fact that Ash has 'yet to fulfill that promise' ... Plus sometime during the series, is said that the series had been 'rebooted' as in Ash is still 10 yrs old, so maybe pidgeot is like never seen again... But I think it's still waiting for Ash and it's still protecting the pidgeotto and pidgey.... He did say in the Advanced Generation after watching the hang glider Falken (or something like that) that he had a Pidgeot, and Ash once again got reminded of Pidgeot and said someday to retrieve it again... Let's hope in X and Y he actually does that... Now I wonder if Pokemon grows old after sometimes....

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
    Welcome to PC, kittylily221! Unfortunately this thread died almost four years ago, meaning that nobody posted in it for over a month. It is against PokéCommunity's rules to revive dead threads, but you are allowed and encouraged to remake this thread!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back