• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is better that Yellow is a girl or boy?

What do you perfer Yellow being?

• Girl

Votes: 47 74.6%
  • Boy

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Um...[I don't know]

Votes: 7 11.1%

• Total voters

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
Years
  • Gril, of course everyone knew she was a boy at first, but I perfered her being a girl. Yellow could be Reds little sister lol

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Boy, She was really weird for me as a girl at first because I was so used to her being a guy. I didn't find out till a few years later when I started actually reading past the Yellow Arc

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2014
    Boy! I too, was kinda shocked when i find out she was a girl. And the reason i like Yellow better as a boy is because she'd be the boy with such sentimental feelings towards Pokemon... That's what made her so special. Kinda ruined it when i got to know she was a girl... *Curse you Bulbapedia*

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2012
    Girl. Cose there is only one good point for her to be boys - than YellowXRed would be the populast yaoi shipping - fnd this only the point for yaoi fangirl)) At true I knew that Yellow is a girl from the first page where she appear)) Red really a stupid, that he so long didn't understand that Yellow is a girl))

She is so cute, so innocent.

SuperLink

Lost focus when she dissed me!
    Years
  • Wasn't Yellow that girl from right at the beginning of the RGB arc? One of the other children from one of the very first chapters or something... I mean Red caught her a Ratata (iirc) right? I always thought that was her, and she definitely looked like a girl on those first few chapters. I just thought Red forgot her.

Anyway, Yellow's always been a girl to me, I wasn't surprised at all when she took off the hat.

otakulily

Pokemon is okay, I guess.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    This question is just ridiculous. Yellow looks so much better in a ponytail. She is easily my favorite character in the manga, and her exclusion from the anime is one of my main issues with Pokemon. Besides, she makes a great pair for Red. I may very well be biased, though, as I always respect the trap/reverse trap characters.

Years
  • her exclusion from the anime is one of my main issues with Pokemon.

Um... the anime and the PokeSpecial manga had completely different teams working on them... and the only characters they had in common were the characters based off of one (or both) of the protagonists for the region, as well as the key villains, support characters from the video games, and all the gym leaders. Yellow was never an official protagonist in the games, and Blue wasn't until the remakes, so it's fitting that neither was in the anime. I frankly now think it was better that the VG, manga, and anime canon each have their own variations, so you get a relatively unique story for each.

And, I prefer Yellow as a girl, because that's how things are, and that's how the author intended things to be.

otakulily

Pokemon is okay, I guess.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    Um... the anime and the PokeSpecial manga had completely different teams working on them... and the only characters they had in common were the characters based off of one (or both) of the protagonists for the region, as well as the key villains, support characters from the video games, and all the gym leaders. Yellow was never an official protagonist in the games, and Blue wasn't until the remakes, so it's fitting that neither was in the anime.
    I realize that. Though the anime is generally based of the games, that was not always the case. After all, Ash's lead is Pikachu. This would only make sense if the anime was based on Pokemon Yellow. But that is not the case. Pokemon Yellow was actually released after the start of the anime. If it is acceptable to base some of the anime on the game and some of the game on the anime, there is no reason why there shouldn't be shared elements between the anime and manga. If anything, the anime should be based off the manga. Since both are still airing/publishing, I find no reason to have two completely different storylines.

Personally, one of the reasons that I like Yellow is because she is a reverse trap. It was more interesting getting your mind blown at the fact that she really is female.

Back