• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] Is changing Dark to a Physical Type in Crystal possible WITHOUT ASM?

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2022
    As you may or may not know, I'm not just hacking Crystal, but also Stadium 2. (Click the link in my sig!)

That's why I'd like to do it in Hex instead of ASM. Is it even possible?

I also want to change Ghost to a Special-based type. I'd rather keep the old Physical/Special split since GSC doesn't have enough moves to do a modern PSS Split, but these two types are too weird to keep as is.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2022
    Just add PSS Split. You can't do anything else.

Maybe there's a way to edit what determines the type is whether Physical or Special

The PSS Split is completely useless for what I need. And completely unportable to Stadium 2.

Editing whether or not a type is Physical or Special is rather simple with the disassembly, but the problem is porting that to Stadium 2.
    I actually did it once years ago, but if I remember it right, only two bytes were changed and I couldn't understand the structure because of that.

I'd have to change more stuff in order to make a noticeable enough difference and I'd still need to get whatever I need to work with the disassembly again.

Back