• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Is Dialga worth the Master Ball?

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2007
    I suggest thunder fang with a lv60 that's faster than him, it may paralyze, won't do much damage, and may flinch him

he is easy to catch after that, well easy compared to most ubers.

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2007
    if you have/will have access to pokemon with mean look, etc. then cressalia and mesprit are easy, and you won't need master ball

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    What's the point of the masterball if no pokemon is worthy of it?

Master Balls are just to save time, like me with Cresselia. But I could have caught her as I did with Mesprit. And I mean Arceus is not that different from Heatran (just 10 levels). By this time, every Pokémon catch attempt is just a matter of luck.

Kayke™

Banned
    Years
    To be honest, I'm actually disappointed with Dialga. I wasted my masterball on it, 'cause I was feeling lazy. *Shrug* I was hoping I could blow through the Elite Four with Dialga alone like I did with Kyogre in Sapphire. I'm not including Dialga or Palkia in either of my teams, not even my "for fun" one. This is just my opinion...but yeah, for those of you who haven't caught Dialga or Palkia yet, don't dare waste the masterball on them.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    Im guessing (call it a hunch) that this is already resolved. He had this problem 3 days ago. I think its safe to say that this thread has lost its purpose?

EDIT: i change my mind xD i guess this thread could be used as advice for people who havent caught dialga/palkia yet

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    I caught Palkia on my first ultra ball(witch was my first ball) so to anyone out there, don't. I personally transfered the ones I didn't use from FireRed and Emerald so I used those on Cressilia (when i first saw it) and mesprit (after seeing it twice before). Besides that I caught all the others with ultra/dusk balls.
    Heatran 10? ultra balls
    Regigigas 15ish ultra balls
    Giratina 63 dusk balls it took forever
    Azelf 3 dusk balls
    Uxie i kept this number (the rest are estimates ^^) 4 restarts and a combined 237 balls, have fun with him. That's not even counting the 1 restart and 30ish balls I used on my friends DS(my game)

chibi

Advanced Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2008
    i caught it with a regular pokeball, first turn, did no damage to it at all.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2007
    DON'T use the master ball (i know your talking about dialga) but i caught palkia first try right when i entered battle with and ultra ball

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    Nah, don't use Master Ball... I'd save it for Cresselia, Mesprit, or maybe Heatran.

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    The TC already came to a conclusion, this thread has no more information of value, aside from other posters' boasting, but that's not exactly helpful.

Back