• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Is Emrald Worth getting?

KerrekTrogdor

I rhino! I hunger!
    Years
    I haven't yet really looked into Emrald Version yet. I've beaten Ruby/Sapphire, and now I need to ask, is Emrald all that diffrent and worth 35 bucks? 'Cause I'm just not sure... Can anyone give me their opinions on the game? Thanks.

Kurono

Remember?
    Years
    I got it for no more then twenty dollars..XD
    And yeah I would say its worth it. It is almost completely different from ruby and sapphire.. it is AWESOME!!

Minako

[O n d i n e]
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 3, 2008
    Yep, it's definately worth getting. Emerald is a nice step up from R/S. I liked it alot more, personally. :0 Plus, the Battle Frontier is alot of fun after you've beat the Elite Four.

Squeegee Beckenheim

SB - The Hunk (Since 2005)
    Years
    Minako said:
    Yep, it's definately worth getting. Emerald is a nice step up from R/S. I liked it alot more, personally. :0 Plus, the Battle Frontier is alot of fun after you've beat the Elite Four.
    Yes, you are exactly right. It is worth every penny you spend on it. An amazing investment. Not only the addition of the Battle Frontier, but the addition of the Safari Zone East.

Sailor Chibi Lunatone

Fear the Chupacabra!
    Years
    If you're completely obsessed with Pokemon like me, then yes, Emerald is certainly worth buying. I think getting it is crucial to completing your Pokedex, as some Pokemon, like Mew (I think) are only obtainable through it. However, if Pokemon does not rule your life, then you won't find the new additions to be worth the $30-$40 you paid for it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2005
    It is better than the other two special editions. Battle Frontier ist great.

There are some new locations, other Pok?mon to catch and some smaller changes, e.g. you can have your on wallpaper in your Pok?mon box (look at my signature for further details)

Bayleef

HARRY POTTER
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 6, 2012
    If you are willing to shell out another $30-$35 for the Battle Frontier, and a slighty different plot like I was, then yeah it's worth getting. I only regret my purchase slighty because I could have used that money to go towards saving up for a Revolution. =/

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2005
    Hey! You could just play in ur comp. With GbA and load Emerald version here url removed and btw u can find a new version of VisualBoy advance anywhere in the net..

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Emerald might be a good invesment if you are addicted to Pokemon. Since most people have mentioned the bigger add ons...

-Breeding Pokemon is made easier, with the Flame Body trick, you can breed in Natures with the Everstone technique.

-Moving sprites are fun, but after a while you might get annoyed by them.

-You can breed a Volt Tackle Pichu... It might be worth while to see its animation.

Years
    definetly yes. It's got some unique pkmn, it's ditched that st00pid contest thing and gotten itself some decent battle domes, tch, an' Steven's pkmn are so far tha highest levelled of all pkmn in any pkmn game ever made... except for Red's Pikachu in GSC. ^^;;

Back