• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is English your native language?

Is English your native language?

• Total voters

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
    As simple as that.
    Is English your native language? If not, which is it? How did you learn English? (because you should know if you're here)

For me, Spanish is my first language. I learned most vocabulary in games and movies, but I also studied in an institute.

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
    Ish my native language~ >: I wish it wasn't though, because I can never understand my friends when they're chatting in Spanish. A few times, one of my friends said to someone in Spanish, "Hey, let's say Jen's name so she thinks we're talking about her!" Mean. D:
    I'd learn Spanish but our Spanish teacher is a bleep. x.x

Years
    I was born and still live in Mexico, so yeah, Spanish is my native tongue. I learned english mostly by myself, as I never took lessons. But coming to PC helped a lot, really. My English was so poor before. People that knew me back then when I joined can confirm that. XD

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    English is my native language :3 I actually really like the English language for some reason o__o;

I have been taking Spanish for years so I know a decent amount. And I know a tiny bit of Japanese ;D

Barboach

As we know it.
    Years
    English is my native language, But I wish I grew up knowing spanish.

Such an interesting language! XD

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I was taught Spanish first, but I had trouble speaking it, and like a year later, I learned English...and then Spanish again a year later.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I was born and still live in Mexico, so yeah, Spanish is my native tongue. I learned english mostly by myself, as I never took lessons. But coming to PC helped a lot, really. My English was so poor before. People that knew me back then when I joined can confirm that. XD
    Dude, seriously? I didn't know you back then but damn, your English is amazing for someone who didn't learn it in school or anything. XD

Anyway. English is my native language. It's not that I wish it wasn't, but I wish my parents had raised me bilingually or something. Like, spoken both English and French at home--if I ever have kids, for some reason, I'll definitely do that. :\

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    No, Tagalog is a Filipino Language from Philippines
    Coming here to PC help me improve some of my Grammars
    But I'm interested in learning Japanese so I can actually read some japanese fan sites of my favorite animes XD

Years
    Yes, English is my native language. I'm an average American, really. ^_^;

I am learning German though... well, was. I hope to continue in college. I'll be sad if I don't, because I like learning it.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    Believe it or not, English is not my first language. My first language was Mandarin, but my Mum reckons that I shouldn't be able to say that now, as I've been speaking English since I was 6-7 living here. I still say English is my second language, but meh...

Years
    I'm from Mexico so my native language's Spanish. I speak english since I was 9 but I still have a lot to learn. Luckily for me R.A.M. is teaching me english and I'm teaching him spanish(we are going to the same school) so soon I'll be able to speak in a perfect way.

Back