• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is English your native language?

Is English your native language?

• Total voters

Hayate

Freelance Hero.
    Years
    Hmm...english isn't my native language as you've probably noticed looking at my crappy spelling, but it's certainly not the hardest language to learn in my opinion, but that's just me ^^;; So yeah~

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Nah, I'm not a native speaker, although a lot of people online have mistaken me for an American for some reason. o.O Meh, guess that's because I started self-learning the language from American-made computer games and cartoons. I agree that English isn't the hardest, I mean it's child's play compared to stuff like Japanese or Russian and Russian is actually etymologically closer to my native language (Finnish) so theoretically it should be easier for me, which only goes to prove that theory only goes so far. :3

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    No, I didn't learn English until I was six, which was eight years ago, and wasn't any good at it until I was seven.

English is annoying for me because of all the slang. In kindergarten, when I could pretty much understand what people said and could actually say, "No" and "yes", some kid asked me if I "Farted". At this point, I was like, "What is that?" So I took a wild pick and said "No". Good thing I picked No because I didn't, and when I asked my mom what a "Fart" was, she doubled over laughing. < <;

Mandarin Chinese is my first language, though I can't write anything other then "One, two, and three" and I can only speak it well enough to carry on a fluent conversation with many bumps in between.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Yeah, English is also my native language. But I'm learning some Spanish in school now... I suck at it though even if it's in my blood. D;

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
    Years
    My native language is Polish.

I learned English in school and I was best at english in my class.

But when I'm on the net, I speak English much more than my native Polish.

I'm also learning German, I want to learn Latin and it would be cool to learn Japanese (but it's impossible to find Japanese class in the town I live in).

Last edited:
    Years
    My native language is English and it is the only language that I know so far. I tried learning Spanish because I needed to take 2 years of a foreign language but I forgot just about everything I learned. I rarely practice Spanish because all of my family and most of my friends speak English all of the time.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2007
    My native language is Flemish.
    Videogames taught me english :)
    I also know a lot of French, some Spanish, German, Finnish, Swedish, Dutch(;)) and Japanese

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
    English is my native language, but since my grandma is a full-blooded Hispanic, I learned Spanish from her when I was really little.

healberry

ƒ(x)=databox³ - δ
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Moon
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    English is my native language, but I've taken spanish classes for the last two years in school; I plan to take four years in all. I've been wanting to learn japanese, mainly katakana and hiragana, but I don't have time to take a class for it, plus my school doesn't offer it. If I can't learn that during college, than I'll try to learn German.

Martin Yiu

disappeared... forever
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2008
    Mine is Slovak. But I can speak english fluently as I learn from age of 7 (meaning I am learning for 8 years). I can speak czech, learning second year German and a little bit Hungarian as my grandma is from hungarian family. You might know that some accidents between Slovakia, pointing out one politician, J.Slota and Hungary. It is quite sad that some people can't act normally.

(In Slovak, just as a demonstration)

Môj je slovenský. Ale viem hovoriť plynule anglicky, pretože sa učím od 7 rokov (to znamená, že sa učím anglicky už 8 rokov). Viem hovoriť česky, učím sa druhý rok nemecky a máličko maďarsky pretože moja stará mama je z maďarskej rodiny. Možno poznáte incidenty medzi Slovenskom, konkrétne politikom J.Slotom a Maďarskom. Je celkom smutné že sa ľudia nevedia správať normálne.

That was Slovak. Nice language, isn't it? But it sounds even better :) Back to the topic: I've learned from school lessons, Internet, language course in Malta and a week stay in Lodon with my mum who can't say a word in English but wants to learn :D

Years
    Nope, english aint my native language
    Croatian all the way ... althou i dont like it very much cuz of the š,ć,č,đ,ž n stuff like that -_-'

Punishment

Brotherhood of War
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    My native language is Khmer the language of Cambodia. English is my second language which I consider to be more fluent in. I was also taking French class in high school and aspire to learn Korean and Japanese in college.

Back