• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Is everyone happy with Mega Swampert's ability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2014
    Swampert is my all time favorite starter since the first time I've chosen Mudkip just because of its look... And it turned out to be the big boss who survives anything, and destroyes everything... And when Swift Swim was announced I was like ''OMG now that he is fast, he will kick ass even harder than before, eat that Mega Blaziken...'' But thinking again, it makes a better use of Waterfall for its flinch and rain boost but what about the rest? EQ is unaffected which is ok, it's still awesome. What about Hammer Arm? Hammer Arm was one of the moves that suits Swampert best because this guy didn't have anything to do with speed, but now that he has, Hammer Arm isn't that cool on Swampert. And if you still want a fighting type move, looks like your best shot is Brick Break. Power gets decreased by 25 on an unstabbed move... And he had Avalanche from gen5 on, he was such Rocky with that ''Hit me, hit me c'mon!''. But now Swift Swim gets useless with Avalanche. If he could just learn Ice Punch or Icicle Crash I couln't care less about this but Avalanche was his best ice type move, unfortunately it still is... I see it will be a freakin beast in double battles with Politoed by his side. But in singles everyone will see a Mega Swampert incoming when they see a Politoed or Rain Dance, and use a grass type move or switch to grass type as soon as they see Politoed or Rain Dance. Or you will have to teach Rain Dance to your Swampert which in my eyes, is a waste of his monstrous attack... So am I the only one who thinks Swift Swim is not that awesome for Swampert, did you guys figure a different way to make a good use of it that I couldn't think about yet?

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    In Gen 5 there are Move Tutors who can teach it Ice Punch and Superpower, so if you want one, you have to get it that way. Maybe, if you are lucky, they implement some Move Tutors in ORAS who can teach these moves.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back