• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is GameFreak... *sigh* running out of ideas?

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

I thought Burmy was the first bagworm. Never paid attention to species, but more of the Pokemon's physical appearance and dex entries /surprised

Pineco, a bagworm XD could never have guessed.

Years
    Is GameFreak... *sigh* running out of ideas?

I was wondering when one of these would show up. Every generation, this comes up. Be quiet and play the games if you want, christ.

and Litwick is freaking awesome how dare you

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
    Something to keep in mind is that in some cases the Pokemon may appear to be very similar (like how every early-game bird is a...well, bird), but they're individually based on different species of animals (like pigeons, owls, swallows, etc.). It's like the difference between Stantler and Sawsbuck. So the argument that GF is recycling the same species of Pokemon to fill different roles like early-game bird or token Normal type is largely false. They're recycling the roles themselves. Very, very few bases for Pokemon overlap. Pineco and Burmy are in this category, but wouldn't be if Pineco's classification was something other than "the Bagworm Pokemon" since the bagworm part is hardly noteworthy.

Back