• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Is Generation V Going Too Fast?

pumpkinpie5

Veteran Legendary Collecter
Years
I think it is going a bit fast, but not overly fast.
Overly fast is where they release B&W2, then a month after release the gen 3 remakes.
Plus we aren't exactly sure when the new games will come out. Junichi might delay them or release them early.
And we still aren't sure if Gamefreak will throw a surprise at us in the form of a console game.

After all of that happens, gen 6 will come out, and I bet it will be as polished and 3D as ever, and the makers might add a lot more openworldiness (is it a word?) and content to make it come out like a lower graphic skyrim.

Cosmic Power

Treehugger
Years
Yeah, I'm on Raichu's side for this one. They should of revealed events a little later, and the anime should be going by certain events in the game.

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2020
We can't keep going on past traditions or anything anymore. Game Freak have the power to do as they wish.. who says they won't release a new main series game next year? You can't say they won't, because there is nothing stopping them.

I like how they are going a little faster in pace. Releasing the games quicker only means that fans are constantly playing Pokémon games. I mean, it's not harming their sales is it?

The only thing I can see them doing is releasing more spin-off titles late 2012 until the end of summer 2013, then release the RS remakes, before another year of hype for the following generation. That, or have a big gap between BW2 and the next main series game.

Chary

Yeah-Hah!
Years
Yes, B/W feel as if they are moving quite fast, but it's not a bad thing. I'm guessing by the end of the year, we'll have B/W 2, and a Ranger/Mystery Dungeon/Other Spinoff or R/S remake announcement.

Anyways, GameFreak can stall. I would assume that 2013 will involve Hoenn or Kanto remakes, and they can stall even further by slowly releasing spinoffs. (Hoping for 5th gen Mystery Dungeon!)

Who knows? Maybe Grey/Gray will be released as sequels to B/W 2.

Years
It doesn't matter if it's going too fast I think. Gamefreak won't release gen 6 until like mid 2014 at the earliest I think so we still have a ways to go.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
They said it would be a fast Gen. But it has been a year and half in Japan and they said it would last 3 years if I recall. If plasma ever gets into the Anime that will cause about 20 episodes to pop up. And there will probably be something after the league. Like a more storyline based saga. They still have 3 towns to go to after the league if they bring those towns in.

And also if I recall. There is uselly a long break in the season when they reach about halfway. I see all of summer not having any new episodes in Japan.

Back