• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Hoenn well-received?

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2014
    I wasn't sure where to put this so if any Moderator or Admin happens to read it I'd really appreciate it if you could just move it to the appropriate area rather then locking it ^_^

I started a Pokemon Ruby hack some months back. I planned for it to be like nothing else out there, but got bored of working on it, added one new feature, and called it done. Recently I startled fiddling with it again and a new interest was sparked. I've decided to continue working on it, but go in a different direction. Instead of adding new sprites, tiles, etc. I decided to just modify the maps. Now I don't mean small changes, I mean big(if not complete)overhauls of the maps; and maybe palette changes for a fresh look. My question is would any of you play a hack, that is essentially just Pokemon Ruby, but with amazingly-new maps? Again, I don't mean small changes, things like being able to get lost in Petalburg Woods if you aren't careful, not knowing how to get through Granite Cave, and the Routes you navigate by surfing being changed drastically. I can't correctly explain how I'll do it, but I'm no "beginner" when it comes to hacking so the changes will be good. Maybe if I get some positive feed back I'll post some screenshots somewhere?

Last edited:

drew6464

Spriter and composer
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    :P Really good idea, but you may want to edit your sig, cause it got blocked. FAIL.

If you want, I can add D/P/Pt portraits to the Hoenn Pokemon, and I already have a better sprite for Brendan I made a long time ago. Here it is:
    Is Hoenn well-received?

I would be happy to help. I know that you don't really want to take it in that approach, but a couple of new fanceh sprites wouldn't hurt, and I'm pretty damn bored. Please accept my offer. :P

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Well, I'd add a few new scripts to make it interesting, and a storyline. maybe it could be Hoenn a few years in the future, with a whole new adventure?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
    I would end up playing this. I myself am overhauling Emerald Version to include better maps, enhanced after-game stuff, etc etc...
    And it's a rule of thumb... if you make it... they will play...

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2014
    I would end up playing this. I myself am overhauling Emerald Version to include better maps, enhanced after-game stuff, etc etc...

I was really proud of all the work I had done on the hack so far, Route 204 and everything up to it was heavily edited(and looked good), but something screwed up and I lost it all. Sadface. I'm going to continue it though, I think. I'm leaning towards overhauling FireRed, now because I know how to do much more with it. Any input on which one I should do?

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2015
    I Would much Prefer overhauls of Hoenn as i feel the region is lacking in graphics but also Layout IMO it's my least favourite Region

pkmntrainerpaul

New account: P-Sign
    Years
    I'd really do something like this if I was you.
    Pokémon RSE are great games, but graphic-wise and map-wise, they're terrible.
    (Actually, this goes for all 3rd gen games ->FRLG were better but those maps....)

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
    Fresh layouts and absolutely nothing else in a Hoenn game? Yes please. Hacks without cringe-worthy stories is something I'm not going to pass up. We need more games that stick to the OFFICIAL cringe-worthy stories. Reminds me of those hacks that just change the Pokemon found in areas, and learnsets.

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    That would be a fine idea, you'd just have to remember that you'd have to post it in Sideshow Hacks, and unfortunately, that section gets less traffic than Hacks Showcase and Progressing Hacks.

Back