• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Is it a good team for gold?

Mitchman

Banned
Years
  • Ok I am playing Silver and i am up to eurateak. I have in my team:
    Lvl 26 croconaw
    surf
    ice punch
    cut
    bite
    Lvl 20 flaffy
    thunder wave
    growl(I think?)
    tackle
    thundershock
    Lvl 20 noctowl
    peck
    tackle
    hypnosis
    foresight
    Lvl 13 togepi
    growl
    flash
    metronome
    shadow ball
    And a
    Lvl 20 sudowodo
    rock smash
    rok throw
    mimic
    low kick
    Is it a good team and besides lvling up I need advice to make it better
    Edit: I am sorry its silver
    Also the moves are in
    It is silver not gold

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2023
    I would get rid of the last two. And you kinda wasted shadow ball on togepi. Level the rest up to where Croc is now. Also, teaching Flaaffy Fire Punch is a good idea.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • k thnx so sudowodo and togepi out. Any suggestions on what to put in those slots
    By the way the cloning cheat works like a charm for me so I have about twenty of those. Also I am pretty fast seeing as my game gives noctowl/flaffy 700 exp for every battle they won so It isgoing very fast for me

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2023
    Well in that case, since you are using the cloning cheat...
    you could get an abra, teach it ice and thunderpunch, raise it to a kadabra, trade it, and train it up to whatever level the rest of them are at. also, since you can go back now cause sudo is gone, you could go back to sprout tower and pick up a gastly and raise + trade that too. shadow ball on gastly would be excellent.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Yea but I am using the four battery game-boy of yore. I can't trade and I always usethe same team and win. I need something better. I forgot were is larvitar Can I get it befor E4?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Damn I want to but I am waitin for my birthday were I am getting a ds-lite most probably so Just tell me what 2 pokemon I can get t thi point to make it better

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2023
    Just so you know, because I didn't know this at first either, but the DS Lite doesn't play GB/GBC games. They're too big for the slot.

And you could catch a Nidoran M, and evolve that up. Nido is one of my favorites. Tauros is decent and can learn pretty good moves. You can try him too. Zubat is pretty good too, when he gets up to a Crobat.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Yea I know it cant take game-boy/color games. I had the original ds and about 30 games for it so I cant see the reason to by a Game-boy Sp. Thnx bout the pokemon suggestions

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2009
    My suggestion- Before you go to the elite 4, go back to Dragon's Den in Blackthorn City. Catch a Dratini, and raise it. I now have a really powerful Dragonite.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Thats what I was thinking but having a 5-team list is going to be hard isn't it?
    I need a pokemon up to that point and then get dratini.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2009
    Well, as shadoweagle89 said earlier, A Zubat would be good. Just evolve it o a Golbat, and raise it to a Crobat. A Haunter would be great, also, with a good moveset. Also, catch an Ekans, and evolve it t an Arbok. Also, a Bellsprout works, get a Weephinbell. Thats all the advice I have. Hope that helps alot! :D

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2014
    as for you dratini problem, just go to the game corner and buy enough coins and get it there.

milktank believe it or not, is a good pokemon as long as it knows milk drink. also you should try raising a fire pokemon such as growlthite or vulpix (only if you have a fire stone!) also you chould catch the lugia before the E4 and teach it some good moves cause it has a wide variety. the only problem with the gold/silver is that there are no pokemon before the E4 (with the exception of the fire starter and ho-oh) that you can evolve (i think). you might be able to catch a magmar but i dont remember

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • tnx everyone and a fire pokemon is something I really dont want. A crobat is soething I want but you have the stupid happiness rule wich I cant stand. gah.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Ah! My favorite generation, though I absolutely despise Croconaw, and wish you chose Typhlosion, I'll critique it.

Let's start off with Croconaw, why would you put Cut on your main and most likely strongest Pokemon-to be? Ice Punch, Surf and Bite (change it to Crunch if possible, is that even in this gen?) are good, though Bite should go.

Remove all but Thunderwave and Thundershock. Even standard, sucky moves are better than those. I'd reccomend you find Thunderbolt and other high powered moves.

Noctowl is good, keep Hypnosis and get rid of the fillers moves for better flying type attacks. I'd reccomend Confusion and Wing Attack, but eh, that's just me.

Togepi? Not really favorable. Replace with Gengar or Alakazam. Preferably Gengar.

Sudowoodo? Overrated, replace it with a bulky fire type like Houndoom (if it's availible) Rapidash, Arcanine, or even Onix if you need to keep rock.

That's my two cents, take it or leave it.

Back