• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is it all gonna end?

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    What do you mean they wouldn't put so much effort in the box art? I think the old ones are pretty good, but of course . . . they don't put that much effort in them anymore. And Ken Sugimori's art is no good anymore either.:(

Zig

Quack.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2012
    i think its possible nintendo have done em

Me2UJus4Free

It's peanut butter jelly time!
    Years
    Yeah, they're fake. But G/S remakes for the DS would be so cool. My Silver's internal battery died a few months ago...and the music in those games have some of my favourites :D Wow, that smilie is ugly. I don't like the smilies on this site.

Can't you just replace it?

Pokemon will continue on until Nintendo comes up with a toilet Pokemon. Then the series will die a noisy death, because no one wants to battle with a toilet.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    I doubt it. As long as the anime has fans, and the games sell, it's highly unlikely that the series will end. You have to keep in mind, even if fans like us who watched it when it first came on don't like it, that doesn't mean that little kids can't. To me, it appears that the franchise is targeting a younger age range, mainly elementary school kids.

And addressing those fake box art pictures, I'm 99% sure that the Kanji on the boxes are off, and thats why it can be said they're fake.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    You never know I got it from pokefeeds in the news section

On the picture it says pokemonmillenium.net which is an Italian Pokemon fansite. I saw it months and months ago and there were topics about it on this forum ages ago. Its fake, unfortunatly

What do you mean they wouldn't put so much effort in the box art? I think the old ones are pretty good, but of course . . . they don't put that much effort in them anymore. And Ken Sugimori's art is no good anymore either.:(

They never have put much effort into it. They make a swirly background and slap on Sugimori's pictures. The pictures on that box aren't Suigimori's offical pictures, they don't have the whole of the Pokemon on and they're photoshopped very well to blend in with the background.

Can't you just replace it?

I know nothing about batteries. And not just that, I'd love to see Johto in DS graphics and have all the updated music.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    They never put much effort in the backgrounds, not on the TCG cards either, but I still sthink Ken Sugimori was better before, even if I never thought he was very good. Nowadays, even I would make better pictures than him.

Me2UJus4Free

It's peanut butter jelly time!
    Years
    Nowadays, even I would make better pictures than him.

You know, you have to back up those claims.

I know nothing about batteries. And not just that, I'd love to see Johto in DS graphics and have all the updated music.

How to replace internal batteries for Pokemon.

I would like to see a Pokemon game in a style like the FFIII remake, or like Phantom Hourglass. No more top down screen stuff and battles in 3D. That would be so cool. But that's only going to happen when I become a best seller.

mudkiprulz

Yay Mudkipz
    Years
    On the whole, I'd say no. Nintendo won't be giving up this cash cow for a long time to come. (din't stop it with Mario, and he's been around for 30 years)

But I see your point. As Pokemon are given more and more important "worldly" positions, it will take more and more creactivity to make new ones. The current most "important" legendary, Arceus, is practically a god...it's "the creator of the universe" after all.

*Gets offended* XD

*me too* i like digimon and am chinese:'(

and btw, i read in a record book that pokemon was the bestseller of the year, and i dont really remember which year.

Years
    • Age 118
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    Ive thought of something they can do to make pokemon *fresh* again.

and adventure in space on palkias or dialgia's back and have the truck where ss ann is and make it so we can push it and claim mew.

lol

In think it gets better and better every time.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    I wished they could have seasons in pocket monsters, so that different Pokemon appear depending on what season it is. Like ice pokemon appear in winter and bugs in the summer. Just like they have day and nigt now. The seasons are affected by what month it is in the real world.

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2009
    I don't think Pokemon will be ending soon, it's only been around for 10 years. Look at other popular series like Final Fantasy, it's been around for 20 years with 13 direct sequels and numerous spinoffs and remakes, and it's still going. Pokemon will probably go on for 10 more years with games for all of Nintendo's next consoles. Pokemon is most likely one of the big reasons Nintendo's handheld market survived and one of the reasons why the DS is more popular than the PSP. Sure, there's not much more they can do with it, but that won't stop them, they'll continue to make more games to get new generations of kids playing, and to rope in the older fans too, just like they've been doing with recent games.

MasterWGS

Impossible=Nothing, Mewtwo=OU
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    A friend of mine suggested real-time battle, but isn't that sort of what Mystery Dungeon is? (I haven't played it, so I'm in no way sure...)

Spartan.Z-2-7

Omega unit T.I.T.A.N.I.U.M Z27
    Years
    As Hamtaro says, No-P. Pokemon may not end untill later than 2056. Let lightning strike me if i'm wrong! *gets struck* ok maybe 55 but who knows? maybe it'll be an eternity 0_o. but for sure Pokemon ain't stopin at the 4th generation. they haven't even covered sun and moon pokemon! or digital pokemon! (better than digimon). But srsly, 2008 or somethin? only the chinese would beleive that (no offense to the pkmn liking ones). Somehow i get the feeling pokemon may never end...

^VAdvancedK9V^

Transmission START:

Ok, this just caught my attention Immensely, if that makes sense, could you imagine it? year is 2056, we have a cyborg pikachu following ash's greatx(X) son or daughter. Pikachu would have like crimson eyes made of diamond and like the body would shape shift to shoot out the lightning, they'd probably call it Pokemon in space or something. But remaining on topic*and I don't see the Pokemon Series dying out anytime soon. Even the Halo series isn't gonna last but the next 2 games and film they're making. The books are great but its just not as popular as Pokemon. Pokemon IS probably eternal.

Transmission END.

Zig

Quack.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2012
    Can I just say there have been moon pokemon, clefairy, lunatone etc. and there been one sun pokemon solrock

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2010
    Just as long as they make stuff fresh, I hope Pokemon never ends(at least before I die).:)

Years
    Is the generation of Pokemon gonna come to a close soon? I mean, it's been revealed which Pokemon created other Pokemon, how time and space, land and sea came to be. Besides, the anime season probably won't go anywhere after D/P or Battle Area.

If Pokemon is coming to an end...I want to say....THIS WAS ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS IN MY LIFE, AND THANK YOU NINTENDO FOR BRINGING IT OUT INTO THE WORLD!

i have 2 agree. if it ends, I'll be very sad.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Is the generation of Pokemon gonna come to a close soon? I mean, it's been revealed which Pokemon created other Pokemon, how time and space, land and sea came to be. Besides, the anime season probably won't go anywhere after D/P or Battle Area.

The legendaries don't always have to be the main story of the game. In GSC they were part of a backstory or subplot whatever.

I wished they could have seasons in pocket monsters, so that different Pokemon appear depending on what season it is. Like ice pokemon appear in winter and bugs in the summer. Just like they have day and nigt now. The seasons are affected by what month it is in the real world.

Ack, no way! I don't want to have to wait a whole year to get some Pokemon! Although the idea of seasons is cool, maybe it could just have weather and lighting effects

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    It'll end eventually, and all you people are going to just have to accept it :/

I don't see it going past a 6th Generation...

Back