• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Is it all worth it??

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
Years
  • I have all(note: not "all of the" just "all") gen 3 Pokemon games, and Emerald is my favorite. I also have a DS, should I go ahead and get Diamond or Pearl, or just wait for Platinum, or should I just stick with my Emerald?

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Get diamond and pearl, because platinum doesn't come out for awhile, so don't waste your time waiting for that game. I suggest getting Pearl! ;]

Detox

Id get Diamond(*cough getdiamond cough*) or Pearl,Platinum wont be out until 2009

Appletun

Trucy Wright ★★
    Years
  • Get which-ever version you desire. There's no major difference, or disadvantages of buying either, the only difference is the Legendarys atop Spear Pillar, and a couple of wild pokemon. Its best to check up on serebii to see which one you prefer. ^^

st.jimmy

ZOMG!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    dude unless youv got a year to spare get pearl (*COUGH GETPEARL COUGH...COUGH NOTDIAMOND COUGH*)

man me and PhantomSyndrome need cough medicine!

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • It doesn't matter which one you get guys. I got Pearl and like it better because Palkia (IMO) has a better cry and looks better. But look on Serebii to decide which one you like better.

Detox

You can catch most of the pokemon from Emerald in Diamond/Pearl

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    Platinum will be good, and you could wait for it if you want too. Pearl and Diamond are great games but you probably would just leave it when you get Platinum so its upto you.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • I suggest buying Diamond or Pearl now, then if you enjoyed the one you bought, buy Platnium

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    You should buy Pearl. Diamond's good, too. If you want to wait for Platinum, that's fine, too, but don't buy more than one of the three games, or you will regret doing so.

balthamos

Eeveephile, nom nom!
    Years
  • It's really up to you, if you see a copy cheap go grab it. But if not wait for Platnium. I love pearl but I am getting platnium soo..

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2008
    ok my idea..... get both games!!! wow so kewl ight? by the time u get to finish both platinum will b out and ya... if u dunt have money just get 1 and then plat cuz i think plat=em except diff. gens of pokes and neva get an expasnion w/o oiginal so final 2 o 1 gl

theprofessional

~~dAft PUnk Rulez!!!~~
    Years
  • Don't stick with your Emerald or with any of your 3rd Gen. games. The best way to get rid of them is to give them to me, and I assure you that they will be recycled.

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
    Years
  • Okay can anyone translate fluffy's post for me, I don't speak or read whatever he posted. And money is a major roadblock, so I am restricted to one. I got Yellow, Crystal, and Emerald, and I've played Red, Gold, Sliver, RUby, Sapphire, Fire-Red, and Leaf-Green, and I think the third games better the previous games. I'm just wondering if Platinum is the same way?

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2009
    I htink dialga's cooler cuz steel is better than water. I have diamond. but if you really want to, it's not that hard to get both dialga and palkia.

Back